BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

“If Brereton goes, the first question in my mind is how much of the money are we getting? Or are we not seeing any of it?”

Evidence of the absolute negligence that will always be hindering us under Venkys.

The manager should know if and when a player is sold, how much of the money would then be available.

Venkys just make it up as they go along and leave the manager forever in the dark, always have done and always will do.

Venkys out!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you don't know the exact wording of the option, I would not go assuming anything. We haven't got a good history recently, for making beneficial contracts. 

That article tells us that he will have at least another year here from this summer. It in no way implies that there is any doubt about that. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

“If Brereton goes, the first question in my mind is how much of the money are we getting? Or are we not seeing any of it?”

Evidence of the absolute negligence that will always be hindering us under Venkys.

The manager should know if and when a player is sold, how much of the money would then be available.

Venkys just make it up as they go along and leave the manager forever in the dark, always have done and always will do.

Venkys out!

I have noticed a few comments the last few days from Mowbray where for the first time he is poking a little bit to say "hey lads, this is our chance, get the f**king cheque book out"

For what good it will be worth. Hopefully Waggott gets a backbone and tells them this is the time to spend. 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That article tells us that he will have at least another year here from this summer. It in no way implies that there is any doubt about that. 

I agree that nowhere does the article imply that there is doubt that he will  be here next season. But what it doesn't state, is that the option has been triggered

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have noticed a few comments the last few days from Mowbray where for the first time he is poking a little bit to say "hey lads, this is our chance, get the f**king cheque book out"

For what good it will be worth. Hopefully Waggott gets a backbone and tells them this is the time to spend. 

Even then, I suspect that it wont be down to Waggott. There shouldnt be this void of silence between the owners and the running of the football club whereby decisions can not be made by the manager without the full information of the consequences. Unfortunately Venkys have always worked this way showing utter contempt to a club they claim to love and I dont see that changing any time soon.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Knowing why when and how the extension can be activated, knowing what is actually going on behind the scene instead of reliance on speculation and rumour (for starters)😅

I'm asking you what conditions are different here than at say Manchester United who put an extra year's option on most contracts?

Can you be specific to Diaz please.?

41 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm asking you what conditions are different here than at say Manchester United who put an extra year's option on most contracts?

Can you be specific to Diaz please.?

Let’s see ! The contract extension in Rovers favour couldn’t have been activated until a number of conditions were fulfilled for example, the offer of a new deal, a certain number of days before said contract was due to expire etc. it’s the same with all football contracts there are any number of clauses extensions in the favour of a club have to be within the expiry dates or within a certain condition. Now those who claim there wasn’t ever such a clause can rest easy because as with many other aspects of what happens behind closed doors there are many many things that are subject to fervour and rabid speculation when indeed there is no foundation for them!👍

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Let’s see ! The contract extension in Rovers favour couldn’t have been activated until a number of conditions were fulfilled for example, the offer of a new deal, a certain number of days before said contract was due to expire etc. it’s the same with all football contracts there are any number of clauses extensions in the favour of a club have to be within the expiry dates or within a certain condition. Now those who claim there wasn’t ever such a clause can rest easy because as with many other aspects of what happens behind closed doors there are many many things that are subject to fervour and rabid speculation when indeed there is no foundation for them!👍

So you're about as in the dark as any if us....no specifics.....surely we would have officially triggered it by now given his current high market value.  

49 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So you're about as in the dark as any if us....no specifics.....surely we would have officially triggered it by now given his current high market value.  

You are just not getting it SR there are aspects to it as well as a specific time frame that the club has to use in order to activate it you just don’t do it when you want. There are a number of other things that also have to be in place as with other contracts before you do and only when they are satisfied then the activation in the clubs favour can be executed.

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You are just not getting it SR there are aspects to it as well as a specific time frame that the club has to use in order to activate it you just don’t do it when you want. There are a number of other things that also have to be in place as with other contracts before you do and only when they are satisfied then the activation in the clubs favour can be executed.

You're being a bit vague1864, to boil it down to the nitty gritty, are you suggesting there's a chance we might not be able to meet certain conditions necessary to activate an extension, or are you saying it's simply a case of the Club has to wait until the appropriate time.

I always understood it to mean that IF there is an option to extend a contract in our favour the player had absolutely no say in the matter.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

As per @RevidgeBlue

Actually 1864 is talking a lot of sense. We won't lose him for free in the summer, that much is clear as 1864 is right in how they work. Perhaps an example will help. We have a 1 year option on his current contract but we can't just activate it when we want as 1st we must offer him a new contract before for example the 31st Dec 2021, the player is then allowed say 2 months to consider the deal/negotiate and if after that time BBD says no, we can activate the 1 year extension. Hopefully that makes matters clearer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Actually 1864 is talking a lot of sense. We won't lose him for free in the summer, that much is clear as 1864 is right in how they work. Perhaps an example will help. We have a 1 year option on his current contract but we can't just activate it when we want as 1st we must offer him a new contract before for example the 31st Dec 2021, the player is then allowed say 2 months to consider the deal/negotiate and if after that time BBD says no, we can activate the 1 year extension. Hopefully that makes matters clearer.

As I understand football contracts the vast majority of 1 year options include a pay rise written into it when it is triggered. What other benefit would there be for a player to accept a contract with an option for the club?

My view is that this is the reason we haven't triggered it in the past as why would you give an underperforming player a pay rise....? 

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

As I understand football contracts the vast majority of 1 year options include a pay rise written into it when it is triggered. What other benefit would there be for a player to accept a contract with an option for the club?

My view is that this is the reason we haven't triggered it in the past as why would you give an underperforming player a pay rise....? 

Did Nyambe and Rothwell get pay rises when their year options kicked in?Nothing to suggest they did, and if i am not mistaken we didnt activate the year in those contracts until last season had finished.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree about Dack, he’s in no position to be asking for a rise.

Those of us with long memories remember Rovers being in a similar situation when the club sold Fred Pickering to Everton when we were up near the top of the old First Division and in with a great chance of winning it. Think Brererton x 10. That was the beginning of a long slow slide to eventual relegation.

I’m pretty sure that if we were to sell Brererton we’d see the same amount of money to spend from his transfer fee as we did from the Armstrong fee.

I was making this exact same comparison myself a couple of days ago. We were storming the old Div 1, scoring for fun.

Wouldn't pay Pickering what he was clearly worth and sold him to Everton. Knocked the stuffing out of the side and we slid down to 6th. 2 years later we were relegated. 30 years till we got back into that position.

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're being a bit vague1864, to boil it down to the nitty gritty, are you suggesting there's a chance we might not be able to meet certain conditions necessary to activate an extension, or are you saying it's simply a case of the Club has to wait until the appropriate time.

I always understood it to mean that IF there is an option to extend a contract in our favour the player had absolutely no say in the matter.

No Rev I am saying that Rovers have satisfied all aspects of his contract which will include the offer of a new contract by a certain date running alongside a timeline as outlined in his contract which will indicate a date the extension can be activated. Of course I do not know all the intricate details but the two above will be main stays in Rovers favour. Conditions have to be satisfied across the contract.

It is a total guess on my part, but let's say the contract specifies that if by a certain date on offer has not come in from another club, then the option to extend in favour of the club then becomes available.

As an example if the trigger doubles his salary, but he knows that signing for another clubs is 5 times that amount, then he is as well waiting until that date.

Buying clubs, knowing that the option is there will still need to arrive at a fee consistent with 18 months on his contract that way.

He will have already been notified via his agent, in writing, that the contract extension will be activated at 23:59 on 31/12/21. They do it at the last possible minute so that the extension is for as long possible  

It’s not unusual for a contract extension to be on different terms than his current contract. 

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

No Rev I am saying that Rovers have satisfied all aspects of his contract which will include the offer of a new contract by a certain date running alongside a timeline as outlined in his contract which will indicate a date the extension can be activated. Of course I do not know all the intricate details but the two above will be main stays in Rovers favour. Conditions have to be satisfied across the contract.

Thanks for clarifying.