BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

22 hours ago, OJRovers said:

The best thing that could happen is for him to go out on loan in January to a League One/League Two club to play some games and try to build a bit of confidence back. 

Unfortunately, for political reasons I don’t think that will happen. 

The thing is, he could go out on loan to a Div 1 or 2 club and come back without any confidence at all. I’ve no faith he would succeed there either.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Patrick Bamford cost £7 Million, same as our boy Ben. He has 19 goals in 47 appearances for Leeds....

Not a fan, but vastly better player from what I have seen.

Watched Breretons highlights there on youtube. He scores some goals, but I still struggle to see what his main strength is. The goals are generally him running ahead of the last man and finishing. Can't take away the goals, but none showed me strength, rapid pace or Jordan Rhodes type finishing

• Like 2

Personally I think both Brereton and Gallagher should have been put on weight programs to put on mass. I'm amazed than Brereton in particular is still as scrawny as when we signed him. I think his height is all he has going for him, if I was him I would be working on getting stronger with it. 

Is it laziness on his part or poor from the club? Like hes not just skinny, he is scrawny. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not a fan, but vastly better player from what I have seen.

Watched Breretons highlights there on youtube. He scores some goals, but I still struggle to see what his main strength is. The goals are generally him running ahead of the last man and finishing. Can't take away the goals, but none showed me strength, rapid pace or Jordan Rhodes type finishing

You might not be, but the team he plays for is second in the league, so I’d suggest his manager knows more than you or me....

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I saw the man himself in Accrington Asda. Thought he’d be more of a Booth’s man as he was apparently resident in the RV, but he obviously can’t avoid the whoops section.

For those that are curious, he was pushing his own trolley. The female he was with (presumably his girlfriend) was on her phone.

(I didn’t ask for an autograph).

• Like 2

On 07/01/2020 at 12:02, K-Hod said:

Patrick Bamford cost £7 Million, same as our boy Ben. He has 19 goals in 47 appearances for Leeds....

Ben's one for the future though !

Why spend the same money on somebody who can actually already do what they are supposed to do and pay for what you are getting when you can gamble the same amount on a long shot who's shown nothing.  

But might have an outside chance of making the grade..... in 5 years.

Now, back to talking about that promotion challenging side they wanted to build over 5 or 6 windows starting about 3 ago ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I saw the man himself in Accrington Asda. Thought he’d be more of a Booth’s man as he was apparently resident in the RV, but he obviously can’t avoid the whoops section.

For those that are curious, he was pushing his own trolley. The female he was with (presumably his girlfriend) was on her phone.

Presuming he couldn’t bag his shopping?

• Like 7

cannot believe he`s not going out on loan somewhere,brereton desperately needs to get away for a couple of months to try and get his game back,there must be some ability in him surely,mowbray should drop him into non league for a spell,get his confidence and touch back,if he can`t do it 5 levels lower then we really have bought a duckegg

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Should have asked him if he knew the right aisle for bagged onions.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Presuming he couldn’t bag his shopping?

To be fair, I’ve come a cropper myself at the self-scan area numerous times....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, I’ve come a cropper myself at the self-scan area numerous times....

PLEASE REMOVE FROM THE BAGGAGE AREA. PLEASE REMOVE FROM THE BAGGAGE AREA

We could do with something like that at the opposition goal. Where is that picture of the 3 amigos missing that chance against Birmingham? PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GOALMOUTH PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GOALMOUTH  

On 09/01/2020 at 13:08, Bigdoggsteel said:

PLEASE REMOVE FROM THE BAGGAGE AREA. PLEASE REMOVE FROM THE BAGGAGE AREA

We could do with something like that at the opposition goal. Where is that picture of the 3 amigos missing that chance against Birmingham? PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GOALMOUTH PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GOALMOUTH  

I think that is more appropriate for Armstrong. Lol! Gallagher and Rovers could've done with that goal. 

I don't believe it is simply a lack of confidence that is his problem. He is desperately lacking in even the basic fundementals of the game, such as ball control. TM keeps giving him chances so you desperately want to believe there is some hidden talent burried in there somewhere, but I can not even imagine what that would be.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mr. E said:

I don't believe it is simply a lack of confidence that is his problem. He is desperately lacking in even the basic fundementals of the game, such as ball control. TM keeps giving him chances so you desperately want to believe there is some hidden talent burried in there somewhere, but I can not even imagine what that would be.

Beard trimming?

Why has he not gone on loan yet?

For all the pathetic whining about the fans over the last week or so (Heard more BS on radio Lancs last night). Mowbray and the team have shown they are appalling at man management and must take the blame for the complete shambles this has become.

10 minutes ago, Husky said:

Why has he not gone on loan yet?

For all the pathetic whining about the fans over the last week or so (Heard more BS on radio Lancs last night). Mowbray and the team have shown they are appalling at man management and must take the blame for the complete shambles this has become.

Rather than having a go at the fans the finger should be pointed more at how badly he has been managed. It's not his fault we paid massively over the odds but the number of times I've seen Mowbray put his head in his hands after a players mistake (including Brereton) is publicly humiliating for the player concerned. And it was Mowbray who had him play for the under 23's last season.

And to reiterate aside from a few individual moans and groans from some fans he has had no real criticism.

• Like 1

The referee yesterday got loads of stick. He’s continuing to get loads of abuse on Twitter.

No denying he did a really poor job, but I’m sure he tried his best and did his job honestly and with integrity.

Where is the consistency? I’ve seen no outcry and concern for his mental health and general wellbeing?

Ps. Brereton didn’t cry. Load of bollocks.

• Like 4