BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes it is. He's not performing good enough in training to get in the starting 11. Pretty simple. 

Who is he competing against ? Alexis Sanchez, then I would agree Ben is not good enough to replace him. To me that is not  a problem. Pretty simple.

14 hours ago, rigger said:

Who is he competing against ? Alexis Sanchez, then I would agree Ben is not good enough to replace him. To me that is not  a problem. Pretty simple.

Never said it was a problem. Just stated the fact and you got defensive for some reason. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, DE. said:

I think it was mentioned his mother is Chilean, so I assume he has enough of an understanding to get by. 

Yeah I was just about to post similar. He will be able to speak enough Spanish to get by one would imagine.

2 hours ago, benhben said:

Wonder if he can speak any Spanish. I bet its quite an awkward prospect being called up to a national team where you cant even speak the language of all your team mates. 

After listening to Mowbray, he will be fluent in bullshit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I think it was mentioned his mother is Chilean, so I assume he has enough of an understanding to get by. 

Having seen him in a few videos with Bradley Dack, the lad struggles to speak English never mind Spanish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Having seen him in a few videos with Bradley Dack, the lad struggles to speak English never mind Spanish.

He’s been having Spanish lessons for the past few months ever since he decided to represent Chile. 

I don’t think it’s an issue he’s gone out there and not played. He’s a back up option, which is acceptable when he’s behind Alexis Sanchez. For all they knew Alexis would get injured in training. It’s a competitive game, it’s like Ollie Watkins is only playing for England in the Euros if Harry Kane gets injured. 

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I can't see him getting many minutes as that is a strong squad which Chile have selected. But it will still be a great experience for the lad to be part of a major international tournament.

Exactly .. superb experience for young Mr. Diaz ..

'Probably come back injured' ..STOP IT H! STOP IT! ..going into full blown BRFCS negative mode there ..!!! 

Well done Ben ..all rooting for ya !

This experience will do him good although after the last year we've had and the knocks he's had maybe a rest would've been better.

Whilst he's with them though perish the thought a manager might know what to do with him.

After not getting any minutes in the qualifiers, I thought maybe the manager didn’t rate him after seeing him in the flesh for the first time. Less likely to be the case though if he’s in the Copa squad. 

All or at least some games on BBC I think, albeit late at night for us here.

Edited by frosty

57 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e desperate for ben to get on the pitch and make a good impact,im`e even more desperate for the chile manager to bring him on up front and he plays a blinder,it will show what a complete pillock of a manager mowbray is

No what will show Mowbray as a poor manager, is if Ben plays well up front for Chile, then Mowbray plays him on the wing.