BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Thanks for the reply.

A couple of clarifications.

Burnley is not a city. It is a shithole from medieval times.

Rovers are a big club. 

I don’t think Lord Baltimore needs convincing. Town & City is very confusing in Spanish, as they refer to everything as Pueblo or Ciudad. I have it in my head (probably wrongly) that ciudad is more like a City & Pueblo, more like a town.

So Burnley es un Pueblo lleno de Brujas, y mierda, will have to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordBaltimore said:

I just saw this.  Let me see....

So the reporter at Ewood park is just relaying basic info on Rovers to the people in the studio (and wider audience), they ask about the BB shirt he is holding, was there a store, how much was it (size XXXL, only one left in store at UK$70 BB Rovers shirts have all sold out).  He points to the Rovers emblem and explains the importance of the red rose.  

Beginning min 16:10..."Rovers was the champion of the Premiere League, something very few small clubs have done.  This is a very small club.  The 'clasico'/derby for Rovers is with Burnley, which is the neighboring city.  They hate each other to the death, I was told by the Rovers press chief [a little chuckle from the studio].  Burnley is in the Premiere, Blackburn is in the Championship, therefore they're down below.  They're struggling.  It's true, they're struggling a lot."  He then goes on to relay his attempts to obtain the sold out Brereton shirt with his face on the Chile flag and was given the only shirt they had left which is 5 sizes too big and he'll find someone to gift it to.

''This is a very small club''

The reporter had quite obviously been briefed by Mowbray and Waggott.

Does he also know we are skint and that we are run by the Coventrio Mafia ... allegedly, who would sell their Mum's for a sixpence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I want him out as much as you and have wanted him out for at least a year, but is this true?

You have a short memory if you don’t remember his two sack-inducing runs over the last two seasons.

No Rovers manager has had worse runs than Mowbray, and at ANY other club would have already been sacked.

• Like 4

• Backroom
3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rest assured Rovers are not a 'small club' Mr Baltimore,our long and proud History is the envy of Clubs in much bigger Cities than Blackburn.

Ewood park has seen attendances in excess of 60,000 in the past....go spread the word about the most successful TOWN Club in the UK!

World, have it right!

Real Sociedad confirmed their interest in Ben Brereton but they also stated they would NOT be pursuing any forwards because Swedish attacker Alexander Isak will stay on another year.  It was the threat of Isak's departure that prompted Real Socieded to look at Brereton.

https://cadenaser.com/emisora/2021/06/28/radio_san_sebastian/1624833039_954084.html

Edited by LordBaltimore

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

You have a short memory if you don’t remember his two sack-inducing runs over the last two seasons.

No Rovers manager has had worse runs than Mowbray, and at ANY other club would have already been sacked.

I do but I was speaking more generally, I dont think his overall statistics would make him one of our worst ever managers at all, specific runs of very poor form fall within that as do spurts or victories that all come together to equate to mediocrity and looking at last season, regression.

I dont doubt that he should have been sacked long ago though.

Last chance to see Benjamín Bréreton Díaz with Chile for a while will be 1am Saturday morning in the UK or Friday, 8pm ET/USA.  Barring covid wiping out the current Brazilian team (not out of the question), Chile will likely lose badly to Brazil and end BB's participation with the team at least until the next CONMEBOL world cup qualifying games in early September.

I can't see anyone beating this Brazil team.  They should win the Copa América without breaking a sweat.

(As trivia, Brazil is the only country to knock Chile out of a world cup the four times they've advanced to the knockout round.  They beat Chile in the semi's of the 1962WC 4-2, and in the round of 16 in the 1998WC 4-1, in the 2010WC 3-0, and in the 2014WC on penalties 1-1.)

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Last chance to see Benjamín Bréreton Díaz with Chile for a while will be 1am Saturday morning in the UK or Friday, 8pm ET/USA.  Barring covid wiping out the current Brazilian team (not out of the question), Chile will likely lose badly to Brazil and end BB's participation with the team at least until the next CONMEBOL world cup qualifying games in early September.

I can't see anyone beating this Brazil team.  They should win the Copa América without breaking a sweat.

(As trivia, Brazil is the only country to knock Chile out of a world cup the four times they've advanced to the knockout round.  They beat Chile in the semi's of the 1962WC 4-2, and in the round of 16 in the 1998WC 4-1, in the 2010WC 3-0, and in the 2014WC on penalties 1-1.)

I'll be up for that, 7 am KO here. 😎

11 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Real Sociedad confirmed their interest in Ben Brereton but they also stated they would NOT be pursuing any forwards because Swedish attacker Alexander Isak will stay on another year.  It was the threat of Isak's departure that prompted Real Socieded to look at Brereton.

https://cadenaser.com/emisora/2021/06/28/radio_san_sebastian/1624833039_954084.html

We’ll do a swap with Brererton for Isak if Sociedad are interested.

• Like 3

Brazil's most important media group, O Globo, have Ben Brereton on their "ideal 11" team after the 1st round of Copa América, playing center forward alongside Messi & Neymar.  

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/copa-america/noticia/neymar-messi-e-cia-ge-monta-selecao-da-fase-de-grupos-da-copa-america.ghtml

selecao-copa-america-cerca-2.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordBaltimore said:

Brazil's most important media group, O Globo, have Ben Brereton on their "ideal 11" team after the 1st round of Copa América, playing center forward alongside Messi & Neymar.  

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/copa-america/noticia/neymar-messi-e-cia-ge-monta-selecao-da-fase-de-grupos-da-copa-america.ghtml

Brereton in the same team as Messi. That’s the stuff of dreams.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Brilliant! This needs to be enlarged, framed and hung outside the Away team dressing room to show the opposition teams just who they are up against.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Brilliant! This needs to be enlarged, framed and hung outside the Away team dressing room to show the opposition teams just who they are up against.

The only problem would be Mowbray would say, Messi I want you to play as a target man because of your height. You other two play on the wings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Brazil's answer to Lancs Live have BB ahead of Carvani, Suarez and Higuain to name but 3.

Yeah, ok, right .....

O Globo is Brazil's biggest & most important paper.  That said, chileans are flattered [and amused] BB would be listed in a best 11 by a Brazil's biggest paper but nobody really believes of course BB belongs on that team.

El País, Spain's biggest paper, has an article on Ben Breton today.  Here is the original article:

https://elpais.com/deportes/copa-america-futbol/2021-06-29/ben-brereton-el-necesitado-gol-ingles-de-chile.html

Here is the same article in English from a different source:

Ben Brereton: Chile's (Needed) English Goal

https://pledgetimes.com/ben-brereton-chiles-needed-english-goal/