BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

3 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

I don't mean to keep overhyping Ben Brereton, it's just that in the UK you're not seeing what i'm seeing here in the US on Chilean and Spanish language media.  I'm only sharing the tip of the iceburg available in English mostly.  He is a legitimate celebrity in every sense of the word. And no matter what happens tonight versus Brazil, the Chilean fans (about 90% of the population of 19M) will continue to follow his every move (and have their eyes on Rovers too).

And it just doesn't stop. He is the gift that keeps on giving.  Even the shirt off his back.

4.jpeg

This week a boy named Cristobal went viral with a home made Brereton #22 Chile jersey.  And yesterday Ben Brereton sent Cristobal a video message telling him he would be mailing him an official Brereton Díaz shirt.  That gesture has further endeared him to an already adoring Chilean public. 

Needless to say Cristobal was over the luna....

2-2-300x174.jpg

Here is an article in Spanish about it:

https://www.lacuarta.com/deportes/noticia/ben-brereton-sorprendio-pequeno-fans/648097/

We were in touch with his sister & we were all set to send him a Rovers shirt until the club stepped up. 😉

Our terrific sponsors The Terrace are sending him a BBD22 mug 👍🏻

His sister is overwhelmed with the generosity. Truly a heartwarming tale. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

We were in touch with his sister & we were all set to send him a Rovers shirt until the club stepped up. 😉

Our terrific sponsors The Terrace are sending him a BBD22 mug 👍🏻

His sister is overwhelmed with the generosity. Truly a heartwarming tale. 

Poor lad might have a bit of a wait if the club are sending him a shirt!

• Like 3

• Backroom

I don't mean to keep overhyping Ben Brereton, it's just that in the UK you're not seeing what i'm seeing here in the US on Chilean and Spanish language media.  

Please keep it coming! I'm absolutely on board with 'Breretonmania' and am enjoying your posts 👍👏

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I just hope that somebody in the corridors of power at Ewood has the good sense to see the commercial opportunity there is in Chile and cash in on Brereton mania. 

Somehow I doubt it.

I hope Ben has got control himself or via his agent of his image rights

• Like 3

Just now, Darrenbot said:

He'll probably be coming home after tonight,i can't see Chile beating Brazil.He shared the pitch with Messi a couple of weeks ago now he comes up against Neymar.

I am sure he'll be back for the WC qualifiers in Sept, Oct and Nov ....... and based on that not play much for us given the Mowbray mantra of easing players back and he'll have to re-learn English, get used to his new surroundings and goodness knows what crap Mowbray will come out with.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

brazil,spain 1982 world cup were absolutely brilliant,zico,eder,socrates and falcoa the holy quartet ran rings around everybody,unfortunately it was their undoing,as they forgot about defending😪

i agree on the whole brazilian style,they don`t produce anyone like kaka,ronaldinho,ronaldo,romario or bebeto etc anymore

and how to take a penalty

39 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He'll probably be coming home after tonight,i can't see Chile beating Brazil.He shared the pitch with Messi a couple of weeks ago now he comes up against Neymar.

Nor can Chileans.  Chile have never beaten Brazil in Brazil.  And i think this Brazil team has not lost a game since being eliminated by Belgium at WC 2018.  

In the end, it's 11 vs 11 and it is hope against overwhelming odds that makes us all love football and keep watching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

It would seem so yes, but on the other hand we can only hope BB scores a hat trick and consigns Naymar to dust. I grew up watching the Brazilians of the 60’s and 70’s and I think the Brazilian players of that era may think that Naymar isn’t really a Brazilian at all. Good player he may be but nowhere near the class of the best team I’ve ever seen. The 1970 Brazill WC team.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Nor can Chileans.  Chile have never beaten Brazil in Brazil.  And i think this Brazil team has not lost a game since being eliminated by Belgium at WC 2018.  

In the end, it's 11 vs 11 and it is hope against overwhelming odds that makes us all love football and keep watching.

They have. Twice. Peru & Argentina.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I just hope that somebody in the corridors of power at Ewood has the good sense to see the commercial opportunity there is in Chile and cash in on Brereton mania. 

Somehow I doubt it.

We might as well send every kids shirt from last season over to Chile. Absolutely insane if we don't.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ianrally said:

It would seem so yes, but on the other hand we can only hope BB scores a hat trick and consigns Naymar to dust. I grew up watching the Brazilians of the 60’s and 70’s and I think the Brazilian players of that era may think that Naymar isn’t really a Brazilian at all. Good player he may be but nowhere near the class of the best team I’ve ever seen. The 1970 Brazill WC team.

I dunno I think you might wanna fish out some Neymar highlight reels. I used to not see what the fuss was about either from what I had seen, until I watched some. I ended up thinking it was unfair what he did to some of those professionals, embarrassing them like that.

• Like 1

He looks a big lumbering gallumper compared to the other players, but then again that is what Harry Kane looks like for Engerland 😇.

Good to see Ben involved in such a big game. Always looking to receive the ball, full of running, but somewhat at odds with Chile's style of play. 

How refreshing to see a Rovers player achieving on such a prominent stage. 

• Like 1

Benjamín's header against Brazil.  Replays are shown after the play stops.

If he does that against a Championship goalkeeper that's going in 90% of the time. Would be great to see him doing that sort of thing for Rovers.

Benjamín's header against Brazil.  Replays are shown after the play stops.

Thanks for posting.

After watching the Euros I thought a couple of hours sleep would do before the 7am local ko time but tiredness and old age caught up and I slept through the alarm so missed the game live.

Now scouring YouTube for highlights etc