BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton

He looks a big lumbering gallumper compared to the other players, but then again that is what Harry Kane looks like for Engerland 😇.

Good to see Ben involved in such a big game. Always looking to receive the ball, full of running, but somewhat at odds with Chile's style of play. 

How refreshing to see a Rovers player achieving on such a prominent stage. 

That would have been some goal! What a shame its over for Chile now,  its been an enjoyable distraction following Ben's International journey and it can surely only have done him the world of good 👍

3 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Benjamín's header against Brazil.  Replays are shown after the play stops.

If he does that against a Championship goalkeeper that's going in 90% of the time. Would be great to see him doing that sort of thing for Rovers.

3 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Benjamín's header against Brazil.  Replays are shown after the play stops.

Thanks for posting.

After watching the Euros I thought a couple of hours sleep would do before the 7am local ko time but tiredness and old age caught up and I slept through the alarm so missed the game live.

Now scouring YouTube for highlights etc

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I dunno I think you might wanna fish out some Neymar highlight reels. I used to not see what the fuss was about either from what I had seen, until I watched some. I ended up thinking it was unfair what he did to some of those professionals, embarrassing them like that.

It’s not his skill I’m questioning which is equal to his predecessors in the yellow shirts. It’s his diving and rolling around that I can’t abide, which is where he shows no class. 

24 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

It’s not his skill I’m questioning which is equal to his predecessors in the yellow shirts. It’s his diving and rolling around that I can’t abide, which is where he shows no class. 

Also equal to his predecessors, you remember the ball that was 'launched' into Rivaldo's face at WC2002?

40 minutes ago, sparky12 said:

Also equal to his predecessors, you remember the ball that was 'launched' into Rivaldo's face at WC2002?

I was talking about Brazil in the 60’s and 70’s as per my original post. 

8 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

He looks a big lumbering gallumper compared to the other players, but then again that is what Harry Kane looks like for Engerland 😇.

Good to see Ben involved in such a big game. Always looking to receive the ball, full of running, but somewhat at odds with Chile's style of play. 

How refreshing to see a Rovers player achieving on such a prominent stage. 

To call kane a lumbering gallumper is ridiculous.  Hes a top class striker

1 hour ago, sparky12 said:

Oh yes,  that well known phenomena where your face hurts when a ball hits your shins!

Wasn't it Hakan Unsall who committed the terrible crime? Fairly sure he was still a Rover at the time too but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

I watched the second half last night as I couldn’t sleep. For all the complaining a few hours previously about the Italian antics, they have nothing on Neymar. Kick and run and jump on the floor. I don’t think he’s anywhere near the levels of the great Brazil sides. I think look ordinary in the 1994 side.

Poor game from what I saw of it. Brereton again dropping deep and drifting wide a lot but not seeing enough of the ball. Cracking header, and I hoped that would convince Chile to try using him centrally and hitting him with crosses.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks for posting.

After watching the Euros I thought a couple of hours sleep would do before the 7am local ko time but tiredness and old age caught up and I slept through the alarm so missed the game live.

Now scouring YouTube for highlights etc

• Moderation Lead
49 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

All credit to BB he has done himself proud and shut up a few naysayers 😅

Only took him two years….

Probably a good thing that Chile have been knocked out. Assuming that Brereton will be an important player, and I must say that anything about naysayers is nonsensical, hes still got so much to prove. Then we could do with him back in training as soon as possible, and with pre season underway and Brereton presumably about to get a few weeks off, it leaves little room ahead of the new season.

I haven't seen of Brereton playing for Chile, so I can asked people who have watched games where has he been playing and how good as his performances been? Now looking at him in Blackburn Rovers shirt where would you play him and how can we get the best out of him?