BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton

Blackburn Boss Tony Mowbray On The Benefits Of Ben Brereton's Chile Impact

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19419161.blackburn-boss-tony-mowbray-benefits-ben-breretons-chile-impact/

Some BBD fanboy from Chile put together this compilation of Brereton in action at Copa América.  It has the eye-rolling title of "The Reason Ben Brereton Made The World Fall In Love With HIm" (the reason BB enamoured the world).

21 hours ago, laughatthedingles said:

Is it his fault if he took time to adapt or should the criticism of the fee be aimed at the club/ Mowbray? Criticise someone for not trying, absolutely, not for being young and not quite ready. 

Lads through the academy get more chance to shine/ are given more allowances is the point I would say.

If you read my post you wouldn't have needed to ask that question.

When Mowbray bought him we needed players, not a high stakes gamble. Silly signing when our mission, so we were told, was promotion. Mowbray has probably thrown away our last chance of that and his attempts at lowering expectations confirm that he knows it.

1 hour ago, booth said:

If you read my post you wouldn't have needed to ask that question.

When Mowbray bought him we needed players, not a high stakes gamble. Silly signing when our mission, so we were told, was promotion. Mowbray has probably thrown away our last chance of that and his attempts at lowering expectations confirm that he knows it.

"These Blackburn fans remember the likes of Sutton and Shearer, banging them in"...( their expectations are too high...sense of entitlement blah blah)

It's called "re-definition" in the trade and is just a way of misdirecting people from the unpalatable truth of his and Waggott's mismanagement and rightful supporter dissatisfaction.

The trouble is that our illustrious owners didn't even have the guts to sack Kean, so......

19 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

"These Blackburn fans remember the likes of Sutton and Shearer, banging them in"...( their expectations are too high...sense of entitlement blah blah)

It's called "re-definition" in the trade and is just a way of misdirecting people from the unpalatable truth of his and Waggott's mismanagement and rightful supporter dissatisfaction.

The trouble is that our illustrious owners didn't even have the guts to sack Kean, so......

Unlike the "real fans" who couldn't give a flying f*** about the clubs debt or league position.

Ra, ra f***ing ra... F*** off and support your local pub team you parochial tw**s.

16 minutes ago, booth said:

Unlike the "real fans" who couldn't give a flying f*** about the clubs debt or league position.

Ra, ra f***ing ra... F*** off and support your local pub team you parochial tw**s.

You've lost me

10 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

You've lost me

The types who still think it's jumpers for goalposts. You mention the club debt and all you get back is, "it'll be reyt, get behind the manager."

The point is, the Brereton signing goes much deeper than just a disappointing signing. My opinion, but last season was our last chance. If only we'd had a manager who had built sensibly instead of gambling on a lad who on the whole has been a failure.

That's no reflection on how Ben Brereton may develop, he may turn out to be a very good player. For me though, his signing (and the £5m on Gallagher) damaged any chances of us competing for the play offs in this league. Said it at the time and I still believe it now.

I keep waiting for Mowbray to prove me wrong but then he'll go and play one of them at full back, or sign a crocked defender on more silly money.

Posted (edited)

Completely agree that barring a miracle Mowbray over the last few years has blown what slim chance we had at cracking the top 6.

Managed to make it all about himself and this daft 'footballing philosophy' and nice guy image looking after all under his charge.

Now it looks like a case of cut back and start again, yet with him still in charge managing something more within him and his pals capabilities. Namely a club in the mid 3rd of the Championship perennially. Yet still costing it's ownership -15 million per year and it's rapidly dwinding fanbase higher ticket prices.

Sickening really but they are on the cushiest number in football and they know it.

Edited by tomphil

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We know what's coming.

"Working with Chile and starring in the Copa America is a lot different from working with us and he wasn't ready to play yet".

‘It’s a different style of play over there and he needs to get used to playing for Blackburn Rovers again. The standard is slightly off too - midfielders like Arturo Vidal could do a lot worse than to watch some videos of Bradley Johnson.’ 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

On 24/07/2021 at 14:56, rigger said:

I noticed in the video of Ben in pre-season training, he spends a lot of time sorting his hair out. Lets hope it's some sort of goal celebration.

He should just shave it off every time he scores. Guaranteed to be down his back at end of season.

I’m very surprised he hasn’t been included in the recent kit launch videos considering his newfound cult hero status. Actually, of course I’m not surprised the club aren’t capitalising on this in the slightest.

Maybe if there is a third kit.

On 26/07/2021 at 13:52, Miller11 said:

I’m very surprised he hasn’t been included in the recent kit launch videos considering his newfound cult hero status. Actually, of course I’m not surprised the club aren’t capitalising on this in the slightest.

Maybe if there is a third kit.

I thought the same . Very strange you wouldn’t capitalise on such a glaringly obvious opportunity 

Imagine if we could get a load of Ben’s new fans on board with a protest, fill the ground and try and force Mowbray/Venky’s out? We need to educate them before the Facebook/Twitter happy clappers brain wash them. 

On 14/07/2021 at 16:22, Wheelton Blue said:

We know what's coming.

"Working with Chile and starring in the Copa America is a lot different from working with us and he wasn't ready to play yet".

Only just seen this, so I dunno if it was before or after your comment, but he literally did say something like this. I forget the exact wording now but it was something like 'training with Chile is a different proposition to training with us'. He didn't say which was the harder, more professional training, but I still feel like 'fucking clown' is the only appropriate response.