BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We know what's coming.

"Working with Chile and starring in the Copa America is a lot different from working with us and he wasn't ready to play yet".

‘It’s a different style of play over there and he needs to get used to playing for Blackburn Rovers again. The standard is slightly off too - midfielders like Arturo Vidal could do a lot worse than to watch some videos of Bradley Johnson.’ 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

On 24/07/2021 at 14:56, rigger said:

I noticed in the video of Ben in pre-season training, he spends a lot of time sorting his hair out. Lets hope it's some sort of goal celebration.

He should just shave it off every time he scores. Guaranteed to be down his back at end of season.

• Like 1

I’m very surprised he hasn’t been included in the recent kit launch videos considering his newfound cult hero status. Actually, of course I’m not surprised the club aren’t capitalising on this in the slightest.

Maybe if there is a third kit.

• Like 5

On 26/07/2021 at 13:52, Miller11 said:

I’m very surprised he hasn’t been included in the recent kit launch videos considering his newfound cult hero status. Actually, of course I’m not surprised the club aren’t capitalising on this in the slightest.

Maybe if there is a third kit.

I thought the same . Very strange you wouldn’t capitalise on such a glaringly obvious opportunity 

• Like 2

Imagine if we could get a load of Ben’s new fans on board with a protest, fill the ground and try and force Mowbray/Venky’s out? We need to educate them before the Facebook/Twitter happy clappers brain wash them. 

• Like 1

On 14/07/2021 at 16:22, Wheelton Blue said:

We know what's coming.

"Working with Chile and starring in the Copa America is a lot different from working with us and he wasn't ready to play yet".

Only just seen this, so I dunno if it was before or after your comment, but he literally did say something like this. I forget the exact wording now but it was something like 'training with Chile is a different proposition to training with us'. He didn't say which was the harder, more professional training, but I still feel like 'fucking clown' is the only appropriate response.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, FudgeDredd said:

Good on him, I'm genuinely pleased for him and hope it all inspires him this season (incidentally, thought he looked good when he came on as a sub last night).

But does anyone else see this Breretonmania - hordes of fans on another continent, fan Instagram pages, reverent YouTube compilations, a Pepsi advert - and just think "what the hell is going on?!" This is feels comically out of place for a Rovers player these days.

Not that I'm complaining. Just feels totally bizarre.

I see £££ and if we had a decent CEO they would too. 

• Like 7

On 28/07/2021 at 01:21, bluebruce said:

Only just seen this, so I dunno if it was before or after your comment, but he literally did say something like this. I forget the exact wording now but it was something like 'training with Chile is a different proposition to training with us'. He didn't say which was the harder, more professional training, but I still feel like 'fucking clown' is the only appropriate response.

He said the Same thing about Belgium.  Hes a grade A nob 

• Like 3

I watched the extended highlights from last nights game which was released by leads. No lie, there were more comments from BB fans than there were Leeds fans.

All very surreal this fandom, for a player yet to really do much in his career. pepsi sponsorships and the lot lol. If I was in the squad, id be checking my bloodline to see if I could qualify for Ecuador or somewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I see £££ and if we had a decent CEO they would too. 

Exactly.

Any relatively commercially savvy organization would be thinking about how to make inroads into a potential new market of 19m people. Wasn't this the whole reason Venky's bought us....to get the Rovers brand into the Indian market. 

Sadly, we are run by Steve Waggott who counts Coventry and Southend as his previous experience. 

Another, in my view fairly obvious point, throw money at a new contract for Brereton - it would pay for itself if the club could actually work out how to create an income stream from 'Brereton Mania'.

It really isn't Harvard level business economics. Venky's if you're listening.......I'll come and run the commercial organization, for double Waggott's salary and a season ticket.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Exactly.

Any relatively commercially savvy organization would be thinking about how to make inroads into a potential new market of 19m people. Wasn't this the whole reason Venky's bought us....to get the Rovers brand into the Indian market. 

Sadly, we are run by Steve Waggott who counts Coventry and Southend as his previous experience. 

Another, in my view fairly obvious point, throw money at a new contract for Brereton - it would pay for itself if the club could actually work out how to create an income stream from 'Brereton Mania'.

It really isn't Harvard level business economics. Venky's if you're listening.......I'll come and run the commercial organization, for double Waggott's salary and a season ticket.

Double?!  You want £600k a year?!  Jeebus!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Exactly.

Given expenditure is clearly very tight, what are you expecting the club to do? Open a branch of the Roverstore in Chile? Honestly, beyond boosting our social media profile I’m not sure what we could do given the circumstances. A preseason tour of Chile is hardly on the cards. Getting him to sign a new contract is easier said than done I’d imagine.