BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Given expenditure is clearly very tight, what are you expecting the club to do? Open a branch of the Roverstore in Chile? Honestly, beyond boosting our social media profile I’m not sure what we could do given the circumstances. A preseason tour of Chile is hardly on the cards. Getting him to sign a new contract is easier said than done I’d imagine.

We currently have an on line retail presence……perhaps look into the logistics of a Chilean distributor? Perhaps look into a more club centric marketing approach? Perhaps think about selling club broadcasting rights (which we now own since leaving iFollow) to a Chilean digital agency/broadcaster? Perhaps think about having a Spanish/Chilean online presence?

It’s not about flogging shirts out of the back of a van.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/12367576/ben-brereton-from-blackburn-rovers-to-facing-lionel-messi-with-chile

Finally the media have recognised one of the Summers best stories. There is an honest admission from Brereton about his disappointing form for his first two years here. 

"I learnt a lot of things out there, different styles of play and I'm going to bring it back here (to Blackburn)."

mowbs55.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/12367576/ben-brereton-from-blackburn-rovers-to-facing-lionel-messi-with-chile

Finally the media have recognised one of the Summers best stories. There is an honest admission from Brereton about his disappointing form for his first two years here. 

If he's now seen the 'bigger picture' stated in that article then he will absoloutely walk away on a free in 12 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If he's now seen the 'bigger picture' stated in that article then he will absoloutely walk away on a free in 12 months.

Wouldn't that really sum up TMs tenure. Signs a kid for a huge sum of money, never really gets anything out of him, and then he walks away for free at the end of his contract. All that money wasted. 

On 29/07/2021 at 02:32, MaxPhythian said:

Glad someone posted this here.  

at min 00:18 Ben orders a CHACARERO, which is a chilean sandwich made with thinly sliced steak or pork, topped with tomatoes, green beans, a few chili peppers, and optional mayonaise, served on a round bun.  it's my american wife's favorite sandwhich and, it seems, was named by the american Time Magazine as one of "The 13 Most Amazing Sandwiches The World Has To Offer". (i don't care for the green beans)

Chacarero-edit.jpg.fe3d2bf2c1f224de11c7877ec99727d0.jpg

I like how the girl at min 00:23 yells "Pass it to him!" ("pásasela!"), underscoring what many chilean fans felt--that BB was not given enough passes by his team mates.

Good for him.   Enjoy your moment.  Get paid.

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 8