BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

On 04/09/2021 at 13:09, joey_big_nose said:

That's incredible. If Gally gets injured or suspended we could have none available.

Has that ever happened? I guess we would just throw McBride on, or Mowbray could quite happily start a front line of 3 wingers.

Yes. Sutton, Gallacher and Davies were all injured - so we had Wilcox upfront.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olympique-lyon_blackburn-rovers/index/spielbericht/2266711

• Like 1

On 06/09/2021 at 16:47, LeftWinger said:

Yes. Sutton, Gallacher and Davies were all injured - so we had Wilcox upfront.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olympique-lyon_blackburn-rovers/index/spielbericht/2266711

If TM had been in charge, Wilcox would have been up front most games even if everyone was fit, with the others out wide.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like Brereton will miss the next 2 games, this Chile business is going to be a real hindrance to us with further international breaks to come. With Khadra seemingly one of 3 of our signings unfit at the moment and Chapman no longer here, we will be really light on attacking options at the weekend.

Have FIFA made a final decision on Brereton and surely they need to come up with proper policy and should be speaking to our government about trying to come up with a strategy to solve this. 

Hasn't Khadra been training this week? 

We still have Gallagher, Dolan, Poveda, Butterworth, Vale, Burns and McBride as options. But the lack of signing a striker in the transfer window will causes issues going forward but Mowbray and the club knew this by getting one in so I have very little sympathy for them. We have young players coming through and he is going have to used them

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have FIFA made a final decision on Brereton and surely they need to come up with proper policy and should be speaking to our government about trying to come up with a strategy to solve this. 

Hasn't Khadra been training this week? 

We still have Gallagher, Dolan, Poveda, Butterworth, Vale, Burns and McBride as options. But the lack of signing a striker in the transfer window will causes issues going forward but Mowbray and the club knew this by getting one in so I have very little sympathy for them. We have young players coming through and he is going have to used them

Seems like at the moment, the situation will prevent not only Brereton but a number of players including Alisson, Firmino and Thiago Silva from playing at the weekend.

"Reda Khadra having lacked game-time over the summer and unlikely to feature just yet" was the line according to the LT today, plus he has been injured.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19565739.decisions-facing-tony-mowbray-blackburn-rovers-return-action/

Your list is a really sorry list of players, the last 4 have never started a senior game between them, Gallagher is very average and Dolan couldn't finish his tea. Poveda is an unknown too. It is a bottom 3 attack.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like at the moment, the situation will prevent not only Brereton but a number of players including Alisson, Firmino and Thiago Silva from playing at the weekend.

I haven't read anything saying he has banned yet like Manchester Utd players. Hoping Rovers and Paraguay FA can find a solution where he is available to play against Luton on Saturday 

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your list is a really sorry list of players, the last 4 have never started a senior game between them, Gallagher is very average and Dolan couldn't finish his tea. Poveda is an unknown too. It is a bottom 3 attack.

I see this an opportunity for at least 1 of 4 young players to show that they are good enough to be part of the first team squad going forward. 

Gallagher playing central will help his game and where he should be playing. Poveda on the right and Dolan if Brereton is banned by FIFA. Then Butterworth and one of Vale, Burns or McBride. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

"Reda Khadra having lacked game-time over the summer and unlikely to feature just yet" was the line according to the LT today, plus he has been injured.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19565739.decisions-facing-tony-mowbray-blackburn-rovers-return-action/

No player has started a senior game, until they have. Lets hope when they get their chances, they take them. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course, but it is hard not to be worried when the majority of our attacking ranks are novices in the senior game.

Did you think a Vale or McBride for example will see it a perfect opportunity to stake their claim to say to Mowbray I should be part of the first team squad now?

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you think a Vale or McBride for example will see it a perfect opportunity to stake their claim to say to Mowbray I should be part of the first team squad now?

I doubt they will get much if any game time. I suspect the main 5 for the front 3 places will be Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan, Poveda and Khadra, a depreessingly blunt group, with Butterworth ahead of the 2 mentioned, and I also think that Buckley, Rankin Costello or Rothwell would play in the front 3 ahead of those mentioned, that a change of shape would happen or even Butterworth would play who is ahead of the 2 mentioned. They should have been loaned out really.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I doubt they will get much if any game time. I suspect the main 5 for the front 3 places will be Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan, Poveda and Khadra, a depreessingly blunt group, with Butterworth ahead of the 2 mentioned, and I also think that Buckley, Rankin Costello or Rothwell would play in the front 3 ahead of those mentioned, that a change of shape would happen or even Butterworth would play who is ahead of the 2 mentioned. They should have been loaned out really.

Why are you so depressed on our strikers? 

It's ok keep saying they should be loan out but if Clubs wanted them early we couldn't due to short of numbers. 

I would be putting Vale and Butterworth on bench for Saturday game. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's ok keep saying they should be loan out but if Clubs wanted them early we couldn't due to short of numbers. 

Because Gallagher is average at best, Brereton is average at best, and the rest are totally unproven really. Dolan is still very raw and I dont think his end product and decision making are very good, and all of the others are totally unproven. Surely its self explanatory. We needed to buy someone but all the money from Armstrong has vanished.

Edited by roversfan99

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would imagine he’s depressed about our strikers for the same reason you where furious we didn’t sign any strikers on deadline day. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I would imagine he’s depressed about our strikers for the same reason you where furious we didn’t sign any strikers on deadline day. 

I was furious about the lack of proper transfer planning to replace Armstrong, spend weeks chasing a striker that we never held talks with, etc. Then the deadline day farce and mess. We could have a number of different strikers we could and should be able to attract 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Because Gallagher is average at best, Brereton is average at best, and the rest are totally unproven really. Dolan is still very raw and I dont think his end product and decision making are very good, and all of the others are totally unproven. Surely its self explanatory. We needed to buy someone but all the money from Armstrong has vanished.

Well the rest will be unproven until they play and prove themselves or move on. 

Well that's farce and mess of not signing a striker to replace Armstrong is down to Waggott, Mowbray and Pasha. Plenty of options out there and lack of transfer plan/recruit of Armstrong's replace. Mowbray and Rovers knew 6 to 9 months that they would need to replace him this summer

The situation with Brereton is a f**king joke. He's going to miss 2 games because of FIFA sanctions for not being released, whereas he would have missed 3 if he was released. We can't win. Being punished for having an international player. Am I understanding this properly?? 

The club and chile should surely have come to some agreement not to call him up?  

• Like 3