BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Unless I'm missing something, the only thing the Chilean FA seem to be doing is punishing there own player by applying these sanctions so he can't play? It's not like he's refused to go out there.

I find the whole thing very odd. 

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was furious about the lack of proper transfer planning to replace Armstrong, spend weeks chasing a striker that we never held talks with, etc. Then the deadline day farce and mess. We could have a number of different strikers we could and should be able to attract 

Well the rest will be unproven until they play and prove themselves or move on. 

Well that's farce and mess of not signing a striker to replace Armstrong is down to Waggott, Mowbray and Pasha. Plenty of options out there and lack of transfer plan/recruit of Armstrong's replace. Mowbray and Rovers knew 6 to 9 months that they would need to replace him this summer

If you had full, unreserved faith in the readiness of Burns, McBride, Butterworth and Vale to be capable of playing Championship football now, then as pointed out, you wouldnt have had any desire to bring in another forward before the deadline.

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you had full, unreserved faith in the readiness of Burns, McBride, Butterworth and Vale to be capable of playing Championship football now, then as pointed out, you wouldnt have had any desire to bring in another forward before the deadline.

I think that Burns will be an ideal partner with Gally, in a front two. For a little bloke, he doesn't half put himself about. He puts defenders off their game.

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think that Burns will be an ideal partner with Gally, in a front two. For a little bloke, he doesn't half put himself about. He puts defenders off their game.

It is a totally different prospect putting himself about against boys in a sanitised, uncompetitive kids match and against Championship level professionals.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The situation with Brereton is a f**king joke. He's going to miss 2 games because of FIFA sanctions for not being released, whereas he would have missed 3 if he was released. We can't win. Being punished for having an international player. Am I understanding this properly?? 

The club and chile should surely have come to some agreement not to call him up?  

Agreed. Nobody benefits from it. We weren't threatened into letting him go, because the punishment for letting him go was still empirically worse than the punishment for keeping him here. Plus we were only following league advice.

So it doesn't help Chile, now or in the future, it doesn't help us, and it punishes the player for something entirely out of his control. It's a ridiculous move from them, borne out of pettiness, as it serves no logical purpose for them.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a totally different prospect putting himself about against boys in a sanitised, uncompetitive kids match and against Championship level professionals.

That may well be true, but how will we ever find out if he can cut it, if he's not given a chance?

This has to be some of the most twisted shitfuckery I have come across in a long time. So the international window comes and clubs have to pick whether to lose players for 3, or for 2 games through absolutely no fault of their own? Why the hell do FIFA allow this rule during a pandemic, and what do South American FAs have to gain by punishing players and clubs like this? Teach us a lesson for following the government's pandemic rules? Ok?

Joke.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I have more faith in them then you do cos all you do is put them down when you don't even see them play. 

Of course we need another striker cos they aren't ready to replaced Armstrong but I'm sure one or 2 are ready to play a role in the first team squad

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Burns was outstanding in the 2 matches against PNE and Arsenal in FA youth cups. Both very competitive matches. Do you not see them? 

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

That may well be true, but how will we ever find out if he can cut it, if he's not given a chance?

Of course, but you can say that about all young players. Point being, we would now be in a position whereby we are reliant on them to come in and hit the ground running at a level so far beyond what they have played at so far, it is unfair on them and really poor from us. We should really have enough senior goal threats to be able to pick and choose which kids are closest to the first team if any to the point that they can be dipped into contention when it suits us, which ones can be loaned out and which ones are not ready for either and still need to remain with the kids.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I have more faith in them then you do cos all you do is put them down when you don't even see them play. 

Of course we need another striker cos they aren't ready to replaced Armstrong but I'm sure one or 2 are ready to play a role in the first team squad

Burns was outstanding in the 2 matches against PNE and Arsenal in FA youth cups. Both very competitive matches. Do you not see them? 

Put them down? Behave. I have no opinion on them because they have never played senior football. I am sure some of them are good prospects, but I revert back to my stance above.

Youth cups are by proxy not of the same competitiveness as league football. The primary objective is development, not results, and you are playing against kids, not adults.

And you know full well that I don't watch kids football as you repeatedly ask me. But I have explained myself.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am sure some of them are good prospects, but I revert back to my stance above.

Yes we do have some excellent prospects coming through. and to keep developing them as to be our plan for the future. We have to keep bring 2 or 3 players into the first team squad each season

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is nothing sanitised and uncompetative about the physicality I have seen at our U23 games.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I see the fun summer distraction in Chile quickly soured.

What a bunch of bastards, eh?

Some of their comments under the Rovers' tweets...deary me. I was bored yesterday evening, so put a few through Google translate. The bizarre nature of it all will have you laughing your head off. They don't like Mowbray, that's for sure!

Apparently, Rovers are crap now and wouldn't stand a chance against Colo Colo. What a farce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Some of their comments under the Rovers' tweets...deary me. I was bored yesterday evening, so put a few through Google translate. The bizarre nature of it all will have you laughing your head off. They don't like Mowbray, that's for sure!

Apparently, Rovers are crap now and wouldn't stand a chance against Colo Colo. What a farce.

They pick things up quickly don't they? We don't like TM either and would probably loose against Colo Colo.

• Like 1

it's a two way street.  i understand Blackburn have to abide by the rules imposed upon them by the league and government.  but Blackburn have demonstrated no interest in cooperating with the Chilean FA regarding some kind of compromise, like some other English teams did with other affected FAs.  the statements this week by Mowbray saying BBD would not be made available for October's qualifiers demonstrate a lack of good will.  the whole "red country" bullshit is just an excuse, a convenient if binding cover.  if Chile are removed from this "red list" in the next week, would that change Blackburn's mind for October qualifiers?  No. (why Chile is on that "red list" i do not know). 

if Blackburn doesn't want to play ball, i think it's fair for Chile to enforce Fifa rules as much as it sucks for BBD.  BBD's value will go up as a player when he takes the field against Brazil, not against Luton Town or whatever.  Players have to be made available for interantionals on fifa dates.  Them's the rules.  BBD should have done what Vidal and many other south american players in similar situations did, which was just go play for your country anyway and deal with the consequences when you return.  Players face consequences when they break the rules, and teams do too.

it is a shit situation to be in.  for Blackburn, for Chile, for BBD.  

Chileans are upset not because he wasn't able to make the trip but because Blackburn Rovers (whoever it is that is in charge of such things in the organization) are seen to be doing everything possible to impede his trip, that is, Rovers are not seen as innocent bystanders who are being forced into a decision they don't want to make by forces greater than themselves.  When a team takes that attitude towards a national player, people get upset.  Rovers are seen as the villains, fairly or not.  When your team doesn't win, doesn't score goals, and is sinking down the standings, it is even more upsetting. 

So much of football is about emotion, isn't it?  You want rational fans, go watch chess.  Rovers have their interests and Chile fans do too.

Edited by LordBaltimore

57 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

it's a two way street.  i understand Blackburn have to abide by the rules imposed upon them by the league and government.  but Blackburn have demonstrated no interest in cooperating with the Chilean FA regarding some kind of compromise, like some other English teams did with other affected FAs.  the statements this week by Mowbray saying BBD would not be made available for October's qualifiers demonstrate a lack of good will.  the whole "red country" bullshit is just an excuse, a convenient if binding cover.  if Chile are removed from this "red list" in the next week, would that change Blackburn's mind for October qualifiers?  No. (why Chile is on that "red list" i do not know). 

if Blackburn doesn't want to play ball, i think it's fair for Chile to enforce Fifa rules as much as it sucks for BBD.  BBD's value will go up as a player when he takes the field against Brazil, not against Luton Town or whatever.  Players have to be made available for interantionals on fifa dates.  Them's the rules.  BBD should have done what Vidal and many other south american players in similar situations did, which was just go play for your country anyway and deal with the consequences when you return.  Players face consequences when they break the rules, and teams do too.

it is a shit situation to be in.  for Blackburn, for Chile, for BBD.  

Chileans are upset not because he wasn't able to make the trip but because Blackburn Rovers (whoever it is that is in charge of such things in the organization) are seen to be doing everything possible to impede his trip, that is, Rovers are not seen as innocent bystanders who are being forced into a decision they don't want to make by forces greater than themselves.  When a team takes that attitude towards a national player, people get upset.  Rovers are seen as the villains, fairly or not.  When your team doesn't win, doesn't score goals, and is sinking down the standings, it is even more upsetting. 

So much of football is about emotion, isn't it?  You want rational fans, go watch chess.  Rovers have their interests and Chile fans do too.

Chile are the villains in all this.

We don't have the squad depth to lose a striker for three games. COVID-19 has put paid to our best laid plans. It is what it is. 

I'm sure the Chilean FA will be in Ben's ear about all this and encourage him to sign for another team in the summer, like the 'good guys' that they are.

• Like 1

Chile must be a tin pot side if they’re bitching about an average championship player not being able to turn out for them. The fact is he’s a rovers player and we pay his wages, and in covid times if he has to isolate for 14 days (potentially both legs of the journey) and effectively misses a month of football the Chilean fa can go fuck themselves.

Lets call a spade a spade in spite of his mother’s nationality he’s not Chilean, he obviously qualifies to  play for them but I’d be astonished if he’s ever considered himself to be Chilean or given his mother’s nationality a seconds thought until recently. It’s as barmy as KP playing for England when he was clearly South African, again in spite of an English parent or grandparent. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2