BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't agree. Players can go out after a game on Saturday for a few beers or a nice meal before heading off to a club. 

No players should be out the night before a game but like I said the likehood was Dack wasn't in the squad and go out with a few friends. so please can we talk about the game not Dack night out FFS

Well firstly lets call her a woman not a dancer so be so disrespectful. 

:rolleyes: ‘dancer’ is now an insult. Add it to the snowflake dictionary.

Anyway, back to the game. Here’s hoping we get to see Brereton after the hour.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Glad I don’t work with you. You’d happily let me do all the work while you ring in with your best “got flu mate” voice. Because you couldn’t give a shit about anyone but yourself.

The only thing you are convincing me of is the entitled and irresponsible nature of the current youth.

Never miss a day due to hangover and anything like that. 

Did you never enjoy yourself in you teens/20's? 

Just now, 47er said:

Much stronger bench than we're used to! Personally I would have picked Rothwell. Hope Brereton comes on.

In truth that shows how good a window we have had - TM is now in a position where he can mix things up and rest players and still put out a strong team (especially midfield and forward areas)

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't agree. Players can go out after a game on Saturday for a few beers or a nice meal before heading off to a club. 

No players should be out the night before a game but like I said the likehood was Dack wasn't in the squad and go out with a few friends. so please can we talk about the game not Dack night out FFS

I think much of the assumption is that Dack is binge drinking with regularity, based on social media. 

If its occasional, then its not a big deal, if it is a regular, recurring theme then it is a concern and a potential problem because hes an athlete ans its not good for him to be doing that, and thats before bringing in the potential of trouble that he has seen in the past.

I also dont get why you claimed to know for sure that Mowbray knew where he was.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

To be fair, I dont think Stuart was our best player at any point, apologies to him if I am wrong. That is the aspect that people are failing to understand, professional footballers arent just like your average joe who works in an office, they need to be in top shape most of the year.

Don't think hes "let anyone down" last night but its a concern if its done with regularity, with him being an athlete. Something which I am not sure if it is.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How disrespectful assuming a gender from a photograph , please refer to the person as Ze

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I think much of the assumption is that Dack is binge drinking with regularity, based on social media. 

If its occasional, then its not a big deal, if it is a regular, recurring theme then it is a concern and a potential problem because hes an athlete ans its not good for him to be doing that, and thats before bringing in the potential of trouble that he has seen in the past.

I also dont get why you claimed to know for sure that Mowbray knew where he was.

Lets leave Dack drinking to the people who will know for sure like Mowbray and the club not us who are judging from a Instagram pics

Mowbray/Rovers will know where Dack has gone due to talking to the player and if Dack has gone down London to visit friends then he would have ask for permission. 

anyway I'm fed up talking about Dack night out. 

Back to the game, Rovers 1 nil Brereton with the winner

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Glad I don’t work with you. You’d happily let me do all the work while you ring in with your best “got flu mate” voice. Because you couldn’t give a shit about anyone but yourself.

The only thing you are convincing me of is the entitled and irresponsible nature of the current youth.

Haha ? I’ll take that thanks!

Bit of an overreaction that though. I manage quite a substantial team and have no rules about being in gardens the night before a day off... but then I am a hoot.

644CF595-086D-4944-9B28-BAB080D069B1.jpeg.b0e15c429ee1dcfed9419033d93686e6.jpeg

Don't think we’d work well together though you’re right

?

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Stuart said:

There is a clear generation gap in this debate, Jim.

There’s nothing idealist about expecting professional footballers to behave professionally.

During the season, nights out are the equivalent of being away on business. You are off duty at the end of May for a month at any other time you are representing the club and the profession. If you don’t like those terms don’t expect big money and a long career.

Sadly, moderns standards have slipped to a shrug and a “so what”.

Reading biogs of many footballers 60s through to now, I would argue standards have gone up!

Souness, LeTiss, Sir Bobby (Charlton and Robson), Mick Rathbone and a couple of Clough-related books are ones I've read over this past summer alone, and some of the drinking stories make Best look teetotal!

I don't think it's new or a decline in standards as much as a more open profile.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Missed a day of work with a hangover?

You've just summed up everything wrong with this generation.

No Chaddy. Never had fun in my life. Lived like a monk. But if I did have fun, which obviously I didn’t, I’d have clocked if I was meant to be in work the next day and not got myself into a state.

Just now, Stuart said:

Missed a day of work with a hangover?

You've just summed up everything wrong with this generation.

No Chaddy. Never had fun in my life. Lived like a monk. But if I did have fun, which obviously I didn’t, I’d have clocked if I was meant to be in work the next day and not got myself into a state.

He isn’t in work though. That’s kind of the point. And he is in his friend’s garden.

Bloody youth today!

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Haha ? I’ll take that thanks!

Bit of an overreaction that though. I manage quite a substantial team and have no rules about being in gardens the night before a day off... but then I am a hoot.

What about if they are peeping Tom's or nicking underwear off washing lines ?

• Like 1