BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

Very shaky and unstructured at times. Missing Dacks composure going forward. Both Palmer and Armstrong should have scored.

Typical Raya performance. 2 good saves. Then a rush of blood and kicking it straight back into a Bristol player. And then you cannot be beaten on that side from a free kick like that. 

Our best player has been the ref to be fair, if this was the other way wed be furious! At least twice hes got the ball back for us and 50/50s all going our way. Hope that doesnt change with the crowd against him.

Edited by roversfan99

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Palmer clearly should have scored but he did great to get on it, Armstrong’s was even worse for me he had so much time.

Never a free kick for me but it’s the side Raya would fancy getting something on it you’d think. 

Agree with this. Only seen it the once but thought Palmer was abit unlucky. Armstrong miss was really poor - barely tested the keeper.

Dont think we have played too bad. Defensively both sides look poor - yet both goals come from set pieces.

We look decent without the ball, really press to get it back. Got a few options on the bench now too so a result is there to be had.

• Backroom

I actually think we’ve played pretty well, some slick and fluid movement but it’s just not come off up front.

Graham is really intelligent with his play, hope Brereton can learn that from him. 

Armstrong very disappointing for me, 2 or 3 times got in good positions and wasted it 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thought we played well in spells. 

Palmer no show again  should have scored. Wouldnt surprise me if he was sub after 55 or 60 mins for Rothwell or Brereton. 

Nyambe and Lenihan poor at times. 

Nyambe needs a bit more help from Bennett I agree with the commentator ,on ifollow your man he is up against looks decent the young full back is handy too.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought we played well in spells. 

Palmer no show again  should have scored. Wouldnt surprise me if he was sub after 55 or 60 mins for Rothwell or Brereton. 

Nyambe and Lenihan poor at times. 

Palmer played some nice stuff, he should have scored but he forced the chance himself, he will come off after 60 though he’s not a 90 minute player yet. 

3 goals for him so far is more than I expected mind you.

I also think Nyambe doing a good job

Edited by Tom

Just now, Tom said:

Palmer played some nice stuff, he should have scored but he forced the chance himself, he will come off after 60 though he’s not a 90 minute player yet. 

Don’t think he’s been too bad quick feet just no one else can predict or read where they need to be around him.

Just now, Tom said:

I doubt armstrong will play 90 either as been out and will Graham we should see Brererton and Rothwell at some point

Hope we go for the win 

Impressed with Evans and Smallwood so far, getting us lots of the ball and using it well. Both our fullbacks are being left exposed in a regular basis which is a worry. Palmer after poncing about in Chelsea youth teams most of his life needs to learn to graft more.

Still fancy us for this, we have subs who can improve things.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

We usually get better second half a fingers crossed we can stay in this. 

Rothwell on at some point would  be good.

Need to take these chances.

We could do with his energy and runs but think he’ll be on for Palmer and Reed for Smallwood at 60 mins.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

We don't know when Dack and the under dressed girl were photoed.

But has to be said that as a professional anything, it doesn't look good and his boss needs to have a word.

Good sense. The photograph doesn't give a good impression of the player and so reflects on the club.

Any discussion of drink is irrelevant because no one has evidence he was drinking.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1