BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Another one in a great mood. Personally I’m still gutted about today’s result so forgive me for not sharing in your delight.

Amazing that some posters are like pigs in shit because of some being disappointed about a professional player letting his team mates down.

One more thing though. Next time you go bleating about how you are bullied so that your guardian angels have to step in and defend your honour, I want you to remember this post.

How does an injured player having a few drinks let his team mates down? Genuine question. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Another one in a great mood. Personally I’m still gutted about today’s result so forgive me for not sharing in your delight.

Amazing that some posters are like pigs in shit because of some being disappointed about a professional player letting his team mates down.

One more thing though. Next time you go bleating about how you are bullied so that your guardian angels have to step in and defend your honour, I want you to remember this post.

No way did Dack let his team mates down why keep saying just make you look like a spoilt child spitting his dummy out. 

Where did I say I was in a great mood or delight? 

You don't like it when I fight back tho Stuart do you? But its fine for your digs at me which you do pretty regularly. What go around come back around and bite you on your rear end 

• Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Stuart ..was  Dack in a pub ..was it last night and was he actually drinking ..??

He doesn’t know. He’s just using it as an excuse because he feels much better when he’s got something to blame.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Graham looks tired after 1 minute but he continues to be effective. I think he could have played longer personally, and deserved to stay on over basically everyone else in an attacking sense.

Golden rule from free kicks so close is that the keeper shouldnt be beaten at his side. If it goes over the wall and back down then fair enough. He was also beaten at his near post midweek, and has not cut out basic themes from his game, such as when he rushes out, he clears the ball back into play rather than into the stands, and he often parries shots straight back into the danger zone, as he did v Reading. He also often looks for the quick ball on the counter when he gets it, something which at times he is very good at, but he needs to learn WHEN to do it, at times he needs to keep it and slow things down. All of these are hallmarks of a keeper with excellent reflexes, who is young and raw, but has so many flaws that continue to cost us. I would hope that him and the goalkeeping coach can look at ironing these things out as they are basic.

Palmer is a number 10 though, so surely amidst your criticism, you will acknowledge that he deserves a pop in his best position, his natural position, where he played so well for Huddersfield in their promotions season, before writing him off?

In general, do you agree that the fact that all of Graham, Brereton, Armstrong, Dack, Palmer and Rothwell want to play centrally is a concern, in terms of who to play wide? And that Bennett was again below par from a wide position, offering nothing at all going forward.

Palmer will never play the 10 role cos that Dack's position. 

I more than happy with Rothwell and Armstrong wide with Dack in 10 role and Brereton up front going forward. 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Glad I don’t work with you. You’d happily let me do all the work while you ring in with your best “got flu mate” voice. Because you couldn’t give a shit about anyone but yourself.

The only thing you are convincing me of is the entitled and irresponsible nature of the current youth.

You've made some weird comments on this site before but this certainly tops the lot. As a complete side note to your ridiculous statement about Dack - what does his age have to do with anything?

Back to Dack though. What is unprofessional about what he has done? He's not playing - he's clearly been told that the day before the game. He's given us no reason whatsoever to believe he is faking his injury. There are a team of physios and sports scientists looking after the boy and if they have declared him unfit to play then I'm more inclined to believe them than the twat who chastises him for living.

Do you want the lad to be stuck inside simply because he's unavailable to play the next day? He still has to lead some sort of personal life and him taking a funny photo at a BBQ isn't reason enough to suggest the things you have been doing.

I have been off work with a serious knee injury before. In that time I attended a Christening, BBQs and even got myself down to the local for a sit down and catch up with my pals. I wasn't faking my injury and I certainly gave a shit about others. If I was caught steaming in a nightclub dancing at 3am, or in Dack's case if he was face down in the garden pissed up yesterday, you will have a point to make. As it stands you don't have anything to make and are simply overreacting to a boy continuing to live his life despite a set back in his professional career.

Dack's commitment to this club has never come under question before. He hasn't done anything wrong and hasn't jeopardised his place in the team with this. It's a complete non-story. You are a hawk looking for the next prey to target. Grow up.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You'd drop Graham for Brereton? Why?

If he's costing £7m he should be coming in to replace Graham, shouldn't he? At our level you don't spend £7m on potential or a backup option. If we have then it's lunacy. 

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You've made some weird comments on this site before but this certainly tops the lot. As a complete side note to your ridiculous statement about Dack - what does his age have to do with anything?

Back to Dack though. What is unprofessional about what he has done? He's not playing - he's clearly been told that the day before the game. He's given us no reason whatsoever to believe he is faking his injury. There are a team of physios and sports scientists looking after the boy and if they have declared him unfit to play then I'm more inclined to believe them than the twat who chastises him for living.

Do you want the lad to be stuck inside simply because he's unavailable to play the next day? He still has to lead some sort of personal life and him taking a funny photo at a BBQ isn't reason enough to suggest the things you have been doing.

I have been off work with a serious knee injury before. In that time I attended a Christening, BBQs and even got myself down to the local for a sit down and catch up with my pals. I wasn't faking my injury and I certainly gave a shit about others. If I was caught steaming in a nightclub dancing at 3am, or in Dack's case if he was face down in the garden pissed up yesterday, you will have a point to make. As it stands you don't have anything to make and are simply overreacting to a boy continuing to live his life despite a set back in his professional career.

Dack's commitment to this club has never come under question before. He hasn't done anything wrong and hasn't jeopardised his place in the team with this. It's a complete non-story. You are a hawk looking for the next prey to target. Grow up.

Well said and just to add, Dack hobbled through our last few games last season until promotion was confirmed. 

Stuart is really outdoing himself today. Even by his standards. 

Take a time out Stuart! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How does an injured player having a few drinks let his team mates down? Genuine question. 

First of all, I’ve not suggested he was drinking. Different story and for me should be a disciplinary if he was.

To answer your question - imho...

1) Just how injured is he - he looks to be squatting down quite well on it?

2) If he is injured he could even go over on it again if it isn’t fully right and extend his lay off. Injuries can be - and are - caused by the most innocuous is circumstances.

3) Is he really doing everything he can to get back fit? E.g. resting and looking after it or is he taking his time and prioritising having a laugh.

4) Why does it need to be posted on social media to rub everyone’s noses in it? Yes, it was his ‘mate’ but he has put himself in that situation and surrounds himself with airheads.

5) His mate posting it has made it a public issue - at which point it brings the spotlight on the club and his team mates. Here is where the immediate problems start.

6) After the event, the team looked completely out of sorts today. Maybe a coincidence but their team spirit was a huge feature of last season and after a reasonable start their tails should still have been up. There wasn’t even the same today fight. Too many players weren’t in the right frame of mind. Could well be a coincidence, maybe fatigue levels are higher than last season but...

7) ...all I’ve said it that it can’t have helped. How do we know that half the players haven’t been laughing and the more experienced players weren’t disappointed in him. Maybe it created an atmosphere in the dressing room. Just pointing out his unprofessionalism on here has caused a bit of excitement and division.

Who knows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

If he's costing £7m he should be coming in to replace Graham, shouldn't he? At our level you don't spend £7m on potential or a backup option. If we have then it's lunacy. 

Would agree in general, whether that will prove to be value for money will be seen over time, but theres no rush to shoehorn him in the starting 11.

That said, Grahams performances lately have not really warranted being dropped, nor did Brereton did anything special when he came on to prop him ahead of Graham in the pecking order, not that he really had the time or the supply to do so.

I would expect Brereton to become first choice at some point, a matter of if and not when, but his price tag shouldn't gain him a place automatically. If Brereton starts against Villa then I would imagine that Graham may be knocking on the managers door on the Monday morning.

14 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Why does everyone make it so personal? And then get so uptight when they get one back? Double standards on here are palpable.

The reason for the comment is obvious. The younger posters on here are in the main defending him. “He should be out and about the day before a match that he isn’t involved in. It’s a free country. He’s a grown man.”

The older posters in the main have higher expectations of a professional footballer paid thousands of pounds who should be focussed on getting back fit.

As always though on here, the groundswell is to go round and round with ad hominem posts and make what was an original disappointment into a great bit of sport in gleefully disagreeing with me for the sake of it.

One thing it does show though is the number of twentysomething posters we have on here who can’t tell their arses from their elbows and think social media is the best place to prove it.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Should have sold Dack when we could ..he ll be fit for f uck all if he keeps hanging around in gardens on warm sunny evenings ..

Maybe he has had a disciplinary and is on gardening leave?

@Stuart I haven’t seen someone so highly strung since Man on Wire. Cracking content and making me feel a lot better so thanks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

after my bath, to see if i calmed down and nope still fuming about the performance and result,   thing is and the more i think about it, reading ipswich and millwall did breach our defense a few times with ease,  hull we were pretty solid and brentford on another day win 3 or 4-1 they missed some chances plus some great keeping.  we havent been strong defensively in hindsight all season, weve condecded 1 more goal then ipswich and reading who are both in the bottom three.  rodwell hasent played cb since he was a teen, and downing is untested at this level, so i fear for an injury to either lehihan or mulgrew, or a drop in form as it seems they might be having. we have no defensive cover 

Have you had your bottle?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Just how injured is he - he looks to be squatting down quite well on it?

Yep, it’s well known that squatting down momentarily is exactly the same as playing 90 minutes of football. It’s certainly the basis of my exercise routine!! ?

On a more serious note - I didn’t watch the game as my in-laws came round unexpectedly (lucky escape in thd end). Can any of you that did see it tell me how Brereton looked when he came on?

I’m not sure what the point of this Dack criticism is. I go to work and do my job. I finish work and relax. He’s not in the squad for today for whatever reason and therefore he’s not in work ergo he can relax. 

I suggest the day your work colleagues or others( supporters) start to tell you what you can and can’t do in your own time is the day you move on.

In particular and hypocritically the criticism is levelled from people on the internet commenting on football rather than preparing in a professional manner for work tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

First of all, I’ve not suggested he was drinking. Different story and for me should be a disciplinary if he was.

To answer your question - imho...

1) Just how injured is he - he looks to be squatting down quite well on it?

2) If he is injured he could even go over on it again if it isn’t fully right and extend his lay off. Injuries can be - and are - caused by the most innocuous is circumstances.

3) Is he really doing everything he can to get back fit? E.g. resting and looking after it or is he taking his time and prioritising having a laugh.

4) Why does it need to be posted on social media to rub everyone’s noses in it? Yes, it was his ‘mate’ but he has put himself in that situation and surrounds himself with airheads.

5) His mate posting it has made it a public issue - at which point it brings the spotlight on the club and his team mates. Here is where the immediate problems start.

6) After the event, the team looked completely out of sorts today. Maybe a coincidence but their team spirit was a huge feature of last season and after a reasonable start their tails should still have been up. There wasn’t even the same today fight. Too many players weren’t in the right frame of mind. Could well be a coincidence, maybe fatigue levels are higher than last season but...

7) ...all I’ve said it that it can’t have helped. How do we know that half the players haven’t been laughing and the more experienced players weren’t disappointed in him. Maybe it created an atmosphere in the dressing room. Just pointing out his unprofessionalism on here has caused a bit of excitement and division.

Who knows.

Fair play for such a detailed response. You obviously believe what you wrote. In brief, he is injured and he isn't "rubbing everyone's nose in it". 

You are obviously annoyed, but you have picked a strawman here Stuart. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Glad I don’t work with you. You’d happily let me do all the work while you ring in with your best “got flu mate” voice. Because you couldn’t give a shit about anyone but yourself.

The only thing you are convincing me of is the entitled and irresponsible nature of the current youth.

Look will everyone just stop with the personal attacks towards Stuart?

He’d never resort to calling someone a shirker, selfish, entitled and irresponsible because they disagreed with him...

Called me “current youth” though so only 4/5 correct.

Have a nice evening chaps. Pyjamas on and lock the patio doors... don’t be tempted now...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair play for such a detailed response. You obviously believe what you wrote. In brief, he is injured and he isn't "rubbing everyone's nose in it". 

You are obviously annoyed, but you have picked a strawman here Stuart. 

So it wasn’t a genuine question at all it was to score points. Don’t know why I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Lesson learned.

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

Question is when does he replace Graham and in the meantime can he learn from him. Samuel crocked and Nuttall being what he is then i think it became very urgent...

Dack needs to get his head down and focus more, that’s obvious. There’s a reason why it was just us who took a punt on him. Is he still going out with that bint or has she moved on to a new social media celeb?

More worrying is TM’s persistence with certain players as I said earlier. Get Smallwood for starters out of that side and pair Bennett, Reed or dare I say it, Rodwell, with Evans, and we’ll improve the side overnight. Team need to come out firing against Villa after that sh!t show of a second half. No excuses.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!