BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City vs Blackburn Rovers, Sunday 1st September, 1.30pm KO

Just now, tomphil said:

Not a case of dropping one it's having another GOOD one on the books who'll step in and try and claim the shirt when the opportunity arises then keep it as long as he's doing enough. Downing is ok back up but you know he's just that, he might get a run if playing well but first opportunity he'll be out again.

No nothing wrong with pecking order that's a good thing but you want quality in key positions so the rest of the team can grow around them but there's only Mulgrew with pedigree in that position there's no quality backing up or competing with either.

As for the so called negative slant I'm a realist so i'd term it realistic ?

Ya, but you said about Mowbrays "established pecking order" at centre half, what I was getting at was that its not an easy decision dropping one of Mulgrew and Lenihan, even though I think having someone like Aiden Flint there would be better. I would probably have to go with Lenihan at a push. 

Ya, it's realistic and I am sure the accountants told Venkys that this is what needs to be done to generate serious income. However, lets not downplay the fact that we did spend a decent wedge this summer. As it stands, we have a young,exciting team developing. Lets just see if we can achieve anything before we have to sell the crown jewels. Cos ultimately, every team has to sell the crown jewels if they don't get promoted. Unless you are Villa ,it seems 

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Most?  ALL successful teams score more than the opposition.  I just thought it was a funny statement.

But I have never known a team do it every week. An example was the so called Arsenal invincibles.

Edited by rigger

Interesting reading the squabbling about over positive oosting and all negative posting.  Majirity in here seem ti like a moan, enjoy criticising.  Great win against a fancied team, 19 pages of posts.  Lose against a decent outfit 36 pages and counting.  Sums it up nicely for me.

Something of a moot oiint but is not their 4th offside? 

Edited by USABlue

Just now, USABlue said:

Interesting reading the squabbling about over positive oosting and all negative posting.  Majirity in here seem ti like a moan, enjoy criticising.  Great win against a fancied team, 19 pages of posts.  Lose against a decent outfit 36 pages and counting.  Sums it up nicely for me.

Perhaps people where to busy celebrating the win, to comment.

• Like 2

• Backroom
21 hours ago, USABlue said:

Most?  ALL successful teams score more than the opposition.  I just thought it was a funny statement.

Surely it's obvious what Booth meant. It's the Kevin Keegan school of football which works great IF you are able to defend well, but we often can't so more often than not we'll end up drawing or losing if we don't pay more attention to the defensive side of the game. Particularly as we struggle to score from open play without Dack in the team. 

• Like 1