Jump to content

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread


Recommended Posts

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/september/a-to-z-ryan-nyambe/

A Q&A with the delightful young man, and world-class full back, who goes by the name of Ryan Nyambe (or RyNy to his friends).

My only gripe (apart from him being a Manure fan)  is the following answer to the question 'what is the strangest thing you've seen': "There’s quite a few strange things. I remember driving in Wythenshawe one night and just saw a guy laying with his bike. It was late at night and I remember thinking it was a bit odd!"   

I think he'd fallen off Ryan and you were meant to ring for an ambulance. 

Apart from that a top man and a full back who is getting better with every season. Hoorah for Ryan!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Knew Nyambe was still young, hadn't realised that he was still as young as 21! Easy to forget how well he started the season too. Rovers 25 & under XI looks pretty decent:              

Mowbray's treatment of Nyambe has been nothing short of disgusting. He has never liked the boy, presumably because he fills the only position Bennett can attempt to play. He absolutely devastated his

It's high time we signed Ryan up to a proper contract instead of that insultingly short one we signed him up to last year. 4 years please. The longer we wait the more his wage demands for it are

Posted Images

It's Wythenshawe at night...

go over 'you ok mate'  next thing you're being mugged or they're off with your car so it's probably best he left it alone. Doesn't make it right but that's the world we live in !

Edited by tomphil
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to hear his gospel singing.

The lad has come on leaps and bounds, his reading of the game is so much better now and he uses his physical assets well.

Not the complete article yet but far from being a liability overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He has the pace and physical attributes so he's on the right lines but there's a hell of a long way to go yet before he looks like a prem right back.

Remember Mceverlys storming performance v Man U's stars or even Adam Henley putting Sterling in his pocket basically just because he could match him for pace off the mark on that particular night. It can be very deceiving so he needs to grow slowly but the good thing about him is there seems to be a good down to earth attitude there which will serve him well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to drastically improve his crossing. It's crucial for a modern day , Premier league full back. He has the rest in his locker and is still very young.

I would say he has more going for him than the Ollsson twins did at his age. Their major USP was being left footed. Nyambe is just as quick  and good on the ball, but is fair stronger. The Ollssons were better crossers though  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair too early to make such a judgement on potential to play in the Premier League.

Going forward, he is not remotely a threat. He gets so far then seems to get a nose bleed and wants to turn back round. Crossing very, very poor and often doesnt make it off the ground. Technically not the best in general at all.

That said, very powerful and quick and can see much improvement in his one on one defending and also his positioning and reading of play. Weak in the air so never a centre back however, where he has filled in once or twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

His recovery, after a mistake is fantastic. But it would be better if he didn't make the mistakes in the first place. His performances have not been anywhere near the top of my worry list. I think he will be a great asset given a couple of seasons more experience, which I would certainly give him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He needs to drastically improve his crossing. It's crucial for a modern day , Premier league full back. He has the rest in his locker and is still very young.

I would say he has more going for him than the Ollsson twins did at his age. Their major USP was being left footed. Nyambe is just as quick  and good on the ball, but is fair stronger. The Ollssons were better crossers though  

Though I agree with the final sentence, they were still pretty poor crossers, Martin in particular was dreadful (no idea if he still is or not). Marcus' crossing certainly improved during his time here at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He needs to drastically improve his crossing. It's crucial for a modern day , Premier league full back. He has the rest in his locker and is still very young.

I would say he has more going for him than the Ollsson twins did at his age. Their major USP was being left footed. Nyambe is just as quick  and good on the ball, but is fair stronger. The Ollssons were better crossers though  

With our present forwards, I don't think crosses are  our main attacking plan. 

Edited by rigger
grammer
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomphil said:

But long balls often are ........ ?

An accurate long ball is often more effective than a multitude of short passes. Especially if your team has technically less gifted players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rigger said:

An accurate long ball is often more effective than a multitude of short passes. Especially if your team has technically less gifted players.

The clue is in the word accurate, it becomes a long pass then. We won the Prem often making the most of that tactic as well as good crosses often from deep not the byline. We had the players for it back then  though but at the present the Danny Graham of 3 years ago is gone so it's a bit pointless at the moment and is more an outlet to get rid quick under pressure in defence than anything.

We could benefit from more crosses though if we didn't lack height.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet we can't all wait to see Ryan bomb down the wing to play that short ten to fifteen yard pass inside onto nothingness except that is to tick the clock down.

At least Ryans passing stats should look great just like Jlowes did.

Anyhow good luck Ryan just wish we didn't have a go due  to certain people's way over the top praise of your performances.

Edited by JAL
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dominic Samuel has just done one but I don't no how to copy links. Some very interesting answers on there to say the least 

If anyone can start the Dom Samuel appreciation thread that would start some interesting debate on this floundering board (not my opinion)

Edited by Oldgregg86
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JAL said:

Bet we can't all wait to see Ryan bomb down the wing to play that short ten to fifteen yard pass inside onto nothingness except that is to tick the clock down.

At least Ryans passing stats should look great just like Jlowes did.

Anyhow good luck Ryan just wish we didn't have a go due  to certain people's way over the top praise of your performances.

Half the time you asked how he performed because you hadn't seen him play yourself. When answered you tried your upmost best to bring out the negatives of it.

Boring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Dominic Samuel has just done one but I don't no how to copy links. Some very interesting answers on there to say the least 

If anyone can start the Dom Samuel appreciation thread that would start some interesting debate on this floundering board (not my opinion)

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/september/a-to-z-dominic-samuel/

"I wouldn’t say he’s strange, but I’ll go with Ryan Nyambe on a daily basis! He talks about twice all day and that’s his lot. I’ve never come across a player who doesn’t talk! Strange is harsh, but I just find it odd. Sorry, Ryan!"

Gobshite. Nobody disses RYNY.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/september/a-to-z-dominic-samuel/

"I wouldn’t say he’s strange, but I’ll go with Ryan Nyambe on a daily basis! He talks about twice all day and that’s his lot. I’ve never come across a player who doesn’t talk! Strange is harsh, but I just find it odd. Sorry, Ryan!"

Gobshite. Nobody disses RYNY.

He had me at the Thierry Henry comparison. I think Ryan's, shall we say, a little less up his own arse

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

He had me at the Thierry Henry comparison. I think Ryan's, shall we say, a little less up his own arse

Ha, I was going to say exactly the same about the Henry thing. A choice between that and  "Ideally I’d like to play in the Premier League for at least three to four years. I’d like to win the Premier League and the Champions League"

FFS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ha, I was going to say exactly the same about the Henry thing. A choice between that and  "Ideally I’d like to play in the Premier League for at least three to four years. I’d like to win the Premier League and the Champions League"

FFS!

To be fair, so would I. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2018 at 19:25, blueboy3333 said:

 

 

58 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/september/a-to-z-dominic-samuel/

"I wouldn’t say he’s strange, but I’ll go with Ryan Nyambe on a daily basis! He talks about twice all day and that’s his lot. I’ve never come across a player who doesn’t talk! Strange is harsh, but I just find it odd. Sorry, Ryan!"

Gobshite. Nobody disses RYNY.

Here we have it mute full back specially selected. 

He's special.

Edited by JAL
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.