The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

This has been so obvious for over 12 months now, just following the Raya path almost to the letter.

Similarly there's been a few alleged itk on here occasionally pushing the old 'he's crap anyway' line.  I'd love a steady right back but the chances of that are remote to say the least. Bennett will get another 12 months and him and JRC will cover it and we'll continue to get caught out down there.

Aside from Todd Kane's early stint and Marshall briefly under Lambert when have we had anyone half as decent as Nyambie down there ?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's high time we signed Ryan up to a proper contract instead of that insultingly short one we signed him up to last year. 4 years please. The longer we wait the more his wage demands for it are

Mowbray's treatment of Nyambe has been nothing short of disgusting. He has never liked the boy, presumably because he fills the only position Bennett can attempt to play. He absolutely devastated his

Knew Nyambe was still young, hadn't realised that he was still as young as 21! Easy to forget how well he started the season too. Rovers 25 & under XI looks pretty decent:              

Posted Images

“How is his progression? I still think he’s got lots of growth still left in him. If he wants to be a top player then he’s got to keep the work ethic going, develop his game.”

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ryan Nyambe's work ethic. One of the absolute best at the club for it. I know technically TM could be interpreted as only saying his current work ethic needs to continue, but reading between the lines of TM's general treatment and comments about Nyambe, that's not the interpretation I'm seeing here.

It will be interesting to see where Nyambe goes next, as shit as it is that it wont be continuing here under a new manager.

I am not convinced that he will have Premier League suitors even as a prospect playing second fiddle to a more senior right back, and even a promotion chasing side at this level has a player like Aarons, Roberts, Dalsgaard, Femenia, Stacey, all a level above I would suggest. Maybe a move abroad may appeal to him? Such a shame that he wont be here on a long term deal.

42 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

I'm seriously annoyed with you all for getting the young boy at right back injured. Please just let Tony manage. 

🥴

He has some brass neck that bloke.

He has been calling him out for the last two years. Regularly dropping him and replacing him with inferior players as if to prove a point. Even with a striker two games ago!

Most right thinking fans have backed him.

Then he was completely dropped with the only explanation as ‘no reason’ and he ‘can’t pick every player’. Then recalls him and he ends up injured.

Now he blames Rovers fans.

What an utter charlatan.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It will be interesting to see where Nyambe goes next, as shit as it is that it wont be continuing here under a new manager.

I am not convinced that he will have Premier League suitors even as a prospect playing second fiddle to a more senior right back, and even a promotion chasing side at this level has a player like Aarons, Roberts, Dalsgaard, Femenia, Stacey, all a level above I would suggest. Maybe a move abroad may appeal to him? Such a shame that he wont be here on a long term deal.

He has all the potential to be at least another Marcus Olsson possibly Martin, but even Marcus played over 150 Championship games between us and Derby.

Really needs to work for a manager who knows what he’s doing.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

He has all the potential to be at least another Marcus Olsson possibly Martin, but even Marcus played over 150 Championship games between us and Derby.

Really needs to work for a manager who knows what he’s doing.

The comparisons are interesting to be fair, Marcus had that one season where he (perhaps quite surprisingly) got player of the season but I suppose Nyambe could argue that his Championship record is not too disimilar at a young age, with plenty of scope for progression. Martin has Premier League and international record with a decent country so Nyambe has still plenty to do to get to that, although Martin was never a good defender.

The one thing we would need to concede that in the main, Nyambe has been the undisputed first choice right back in Mowbrays time here, and especially this season, he has developed noticeably on his game. I also do think that Nyambe has made mistakes lately. It is the constant lack of competent back up that has made him being dropped at any time counter productive and with the bizarre media comments, that is where the questions pile up.

I do wonder where he will go from here. Assuming a new manager was appointed, a mid table Championship club with aims of promotion as a first teamer could possibly be his limit at the moment, barring a move abroad. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The comparisons are interesting to be fair, Marcus had that one season where he (perhaps quite surprisingly) got player of the season but I suppose Nyambe could argue that his Championship record is not too disimilar at a young age, with plenty of scope for progression. Martin has Premier League and international record with a decent country so Nyambe has still plenty to do to get to that, although Martin was never a good defender.

The one thing we would need to concede that in the main, Nyambe has been the undisputed first choice right back in Mowbrays time here, and especially this season, he has developed noticeably on his game. I also do think that Nyambe has made mistakes lately. It is the constant lack of competent back up that has made him being dropped at any time counter productive and with the bizarre media comments, that is where the questions pile up.

I do wonder where he will go from here. Assuming a new manager was appointed, a mid table Championship club with aims of promotion as a first teamer could possibly be his limit at the moment, barring a move abroad. 

He's never been looked after from a medical point of view either. We've known from his early days that he's prone to soft tissue injuries but nothing seems to have been done about it apart from leaving him out of the team from time to time.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wish Mowbray would have backed him like he backed Armstrong. A settled back for is what successful teams are built on. Instead he has chopped and changed and recruited badly.

27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I wish Mowbray would have backed him like he backed Armstrong. A settled back for is what successful teams are built on. Instead he has chopped and changed and recruited badly.

To be fair, Armstrong was played in the wrong position for a year and a half, and upon that change scored so many goals. 

Being part of an unsettled defence wont have helped as you say, plus we only have heard the positives of why Bennett has been put in, and why Nyambe has been dropped. That might be circumstantial in that the reactions cause Mowbray to feel like he needs to justify Nyambe being dropped, but had he simply said this week for example that Nyambe was taken out in fear of over excursion due to injury, it wouldnt have caused a shit storm.

Raya was criticised because he did make a number of errors, and Nyambe lately has made mistakes, so in a way the criticisms are justified, but specifically in dealing with young players, it is not wise man management.