BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Sort of an own goal, more of a deflection off his head :) , 2nd goal roundabout 1.25 in the highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6MtWHsPbo&feature=onebox

Thanks. Would be a harsh og but can see why.

No VAR to disallow the first goal. Looked like a Robinson in one goal and a Raya in the other.

• 5 months later...

It’s been interesting seeing how Ryan has developed. When I first saw him two years ago, he couldn’t wait to give the ball to just about anyone, never took responsibility. Then last season he seemed more confident, would surge past a player or two, but mostly on or near the halfway line, the downside of that being rapid counter-attacks when he lost the ball. The latest reincarnation seems quite different: he is playing much higher up the pitch and his surges are genuinely hurting the opposition. A couple of times on Saturday he was one-on-one and put in the first dangerous crosses I’ve ever seen from him.

Maybe, just maybe, someone has been coaching him on just this during his absence from the team, because I don’t believe young defenders can decide for themselves to be 30 yards higher up the pitch when we have the ball.

• Like 4

Trouble with picking up some good results is that it's possible to go a bit too far and see improvement in everything, but Nyambe's ball control has looked consistently better since his return to the side. Could just be a result of playing with better players, but long may it continue. 

Now he has his shirt back, the next thing for Nyambe has to be to keep it by staying fit. Promising that he has just managed  a 3 game week without an injury, should he keep that up then he should keep getting better.

• Like 3

For what it's worth, and my opinion isn't worth much but I have really liked Nyambes game.last.few.games.  He looks like he is becoming a threat going forward now, better defending.  Just looks better all round.  Hope he keeps up this progress we could have a proper player here.

• Like 5

On 16/12/2019 at 15:59, Exiled in Toronto said:

It’s been interesting seeing how Ryan has developed. When I first saw him two years ago, he couldn’t wait to give the ball to just about anyone, never took responsibility. Then last season he seemed more confident, would surge past a player or two, but mostly on or near the halfway line, the downside of that being rapid counter-attacks when he lost the ball. The latest reincarnation seems quite different: he is playing much higher up the pitch and his surges are genuinely hurting the opposition. A couple of times on Saturday he was one-on-one and put in the first dangerous crosses I’ve ever seen from him.

Maybe, just maybe, someone has been coaching him on just this during his absence from the team, because I don’t believe young defenders can decide for themselves to be 30 yards higher up the pitch when we have the ball.

He was busting out a few step overs and all sorts. Looked a totally different player.

the only issue i have with nyambe is his positional awareness,it`s certainly not his strong point and maybe never will be,tbh i`de relieve him of it,put him on the wing and tell him to have a go at the opposition full back whenever possible,nothing worse for a full back than to have a someone with bags of running power coming at you,if you can get him to put some reasonable crosses over we`ll have a major weapon

On 16/12/2019 at 09:59, Exiled in Toronto said:

Mowbary's work?  Does not seem like ToMo way.  DJ perhaps.  Or Mowbary's smartened up.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, pick32 said:

This lad has been prem quality all season, it’s between him and downing for my player of the season vote, exceptional again today.

I think Damien Johnson has been working with him and doesn't it show. Superb display today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I think Damien Johnson has been working with him and doesn't it show. Superb display today.

Mowbray specially mentioned DJ working with Ryno after hours, every day, after training.

That kind of attitude coupled with his natural physical gifts will grow him into the best player to come fully through our ranks since Dunny imo

Properly one of our own is RyNy

• Like 2

Finally we are beginning to see the player a lot of us knew was in there. He is a beast of a man and whilst he has used that attribute well defensively we are now seeing it from an attacking perspective. He goes under the radar a bit but he could be a Premier League player in the right environment.

• Like 3

It's high time we signed Ryan up to a proper contract instead of that insultingly short one we signed him up to last year. 4 years please.

The longer we wait the more his wage demands for it are going to be.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Can't believe his contract is up next summer, feel like that's a real problem for us. 

There's gotta be a handful of bottom half premier league clubs and this year's promoted sides that should be willing to take a punt on him. Especially considering how valuable these marauding full backs are in the modern game.

With one year left on his contract how much could we really afford to turn down? 5-7 million?

On 08/07/2020 at 13:08, Tugay-is-God said:

Can't believe his contract is up next summer, feel like that's a real problem for us. 

There's gotta be a handful of bottom half premier league clubs and this year's promoted sides that should be willing to take a punt on him. Especially considering how valuable these marauding full backs are in the modern game.

With one year left on his contract how much could we really afford to turn down? 5-7 million?

Marauding but with no goals and one assist in a  100+ start career!

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Marauding but with no goals and one assist in a  100+ start career!

Fair point there, the stats don't lie!

Reckon he's getting better going forward though, always seems to add an element of threat going up the right. I'd at least say he's the best full back we've had since the Olsson brothers.