Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Stuart said:

My only worry with picking the Wigan game is that it will attract a lot of scrotes. Hopefully the fact that it’s an evening ko will make it more difficult but I’d expect trouble.

Other than that it’s a a local derby right before Christmas that is very affordable at a time when people are skint. Hopefully a big crowd and a great performance to kick off the Christmas period. Let’s hope the weather isn’t awful.

I'm not entirely sure by what you mean by "scrotes" but the dictionary definition is contemptible. I'm not suggesting this is what you mean.

The point this raises in my mind is the Oxford game which is often held up as an example of the crowd we could attract with sensible pricing. Oxford was £10.

From the JWL I observed what I feel was poor and unacceptable behaviour from large numbers of fans invading the pitch from the DE. For example fans invading the pitch which is illegal, parents encouraging their children on to the pitch and some parents even carrying young children on to the pitch. The extent of this pitch invasion was such that my son and I were denied, for the second time by Rovers fans, the opportunity to celebrate promotion with the team.

If the worry is £10 against Wigan will attract "scrotes" how should those at the Oxford game be described? If £10 versus Wigan is going to attract "scrotes" why would the £10 some feel should be charged for many other games attract any fewer "scrotes."

Is it being suggested we only want to attract fans capable of acceptable behaviour? If so who is defining what is and is not acceptable behaviour?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid the club has dug its own grave in relation to attendances and atmosphere at Ewood and it is going to be very difficult to turn that around now from what amounts to a prolonged decline. Some

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16908899.tony-mowbray-feels-a-warmth-from-fans-to-rovers-players/?ref=mac   Felt sorry for Mowbray here and thought was a worthy topic for some op

I've said this before but for every consecutive year you have had a season ticket you should get 5% off the renewal price, up to a maximum of 30% People would build up their discount, and if we h

Posted Images

Just now, Paul said:

I'm not entirely sure by what you mean by "scrotes" but the dictionary definition is contemptible. I'm not suggesting this is what you mean.

The point this raises in my mind is the Oxford game which is often held up as an example of the crowd we could attract with sensible pricing. Oxford was £10.

From the JWL I observed what I feel was poor and unacceptable behaviour from large numbers of fans invading the pitch from the DE. For example fans invading the pitch which is illegal, parents encouraging their children on to the pitch and some parents even carrying young children on to the pitch. The extent of this pitch invasion was such that my son and I were denied, for the second time by Rovers fans, the opportunity to celebrate promotion with the team.

If the worry is £10 against Wigan will attract "scrotes" how should those at the Oxford game be described? If £10 versus Wigan is going to attract "scrotes" why would the £10 some feel should be charged for many other games attract any fewer "scrotes."

Is it being suggested we only want to attract fans capable of acceptable behaviour? If so who is defining what is and is not acceptable behaviour?

I think originally it was short for scrotum. You’ve pretty much summed the colloquialism up though, Paul. Although ironically the Oxford dictionary would have been more succinct.

I’ve been to Wigan on cheap ticket deals and it makes it affordable for some proper scrotes. Kids who want to give it large and cause a bit of bovva. They have more than their fair share.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul said:

I'm not entirely sure by what you mean by "scrotes" but the dictionary definition is contemptible. I'm not suggesting this is what you mean.

The point this raises in my mind is the Oxford game which is often held up as an example of the crowd we could attract with sensible pricing. Oxford was £10.

From the JWL I observed what I feel was poor and unacceptable behaviour from large numbers of fans invading the pitch from the DE. For example fans invading the pitch which is illegal, parents encouraging their children on to the pitch and some parents even carrying young children on to the pitch. The extent of this pitch invasion was such that my son and I were denied, for the second time by Rovers fans, the opportunity to celebrate promotion with the team.

If the worry is £10 against Wigan will attract "scrotes" how should those at the Oxford game be described? If £10 versus Wigan is going to attract "scrotes" why would the £10 some feel should be charged for many other games attract any fewer "scrotes."

Is it being suggested we only want to attract fans capable of acceptable behaviour? If so who is defining what is and is not acceptable behaviour?

Poor post by Stuart, Paul. Yes the Oxford game was a free for all but time it was put to bed. We can all quote extremes but we know what acceptable behaviour is. Lets leave it there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Poor post by Stuart, Paul. Yes the Oxford game was a free for all but time it was put to bed. We can all quote extremes but we know what acceptable behaviour is. Lets leave it there.

I quite agree the Oxford game should be put to bed. I am though interested why Wigan at £10 attracts scrotes and Oxford, apparently so far, didn't.

The call for cheap tickets, which I don't have a problem with, is being deemed undesirable as it may attract scrotes.

I'm interested to understand how the club can win on ticket pricing? Too cheap and undesirable fans are attracted. Too expensive and, from what I recall, only wealthy, privileged season ticket holders can attend. Those ST holders I recall are viewed as preventing other fans from attending because ST holders are "privileged."

Will we soon be asked to attend interview before being able to buy a ticket?

I know what this all boils down to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul said:

I quite agree the Oxford game should be put to bed. I am though interested why Wigan at £10 attracts scrotes and Oxford, apparently so far, didn't.

The call for cheap tickets, which I don't have a problem with, is being deemed undesirable as it may attract scrotes.

I'm interested to understand how the club can win on ticket pricing? Too cheap and undesirable fans are attracted. Too expensive and, from what I recall, only wealthy, privileged season ticket holders can attend. Those ST holders I recall are viewed as preventing other fans from attending because ST holders are "privileged."

Will we soon be asked to attend interview before being able to buy a ticket?

I know what this all boils down to.

As as I said Paul, poor post. However what does it boil down to then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Poor post by Stuart, Paul. Yes the Oxford game was a free for all but time it was put to bed. We can all quote extremes but we know what acceptable behaviour is. Lets leave it there.

Woah woah woah. Poor post? I stand by that fact that Wigan have a set of scrotes who follow them on cheap tickets. Paul turned that into a barb against Rovers fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

Woah woah woah. Poor post? I stand by that fact that Wigan have a set of scrotes who follow them on cheap tickets. Paul turned that into a barb against Rovers fans.

Think he thinks the Oxford crowd likely to turn up for the Wigan game? Not a chance. Strange comparison if intended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Think he thinks the Oxford crowd likely to turn up for the Wigan game? Not a chance. Strange comparison if intended.

Nothing to do with my post whatsoever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

I still don’t know why everyone loses their mind about the actual attendance versus the announced hate.

It’s tickets sold, has been like that for ages...

Arsenal and United two of the biggest guilty parties. Frequently thousands of empty seats especially in cup games yet announce full houses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Woah woah woah. Poor post? I stand by that fact that Wigan have a set of scrotes who follow them on cheap tickets. Paul turned that into a barb against Rovers fans.

No Stuart you said "it will attract a lot of scrotes." You didn't make clear it's only Wigan fans you define as scrotes. The wording of your post and that this is a thread about Rovers attendances suggested to me you were commenting about home support or at the least both sets of fans.

I'm not turning anything in to a barb. I'm merely pointing out we have fans who don't want a certain type of person, a scrote, at Ewood. We have other fans who object to wealthy, privileged ST holders. This leaves me to wonder just who a section of our support would deem welcome at Ewood?

The bulk of our fan base is ST holders, the wealthy and privileged. A joke of a definition given the demographic which is so frequently used to illustrate the issues around ticket prices.

What it all boils down to is the club can't do right for doing wrong with a section of our support. Something you have perfectly illustrated by your concern it will attract a lot of scrotes.

Balance went out of the window a long time ago.

Edited by Paul
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Think he thinks the Oxford crowd likely to turn up for the Wigan game? Not a chance. Strange comparison if intended.

Not at all. I was interested to understand why for Wigan at £10 we get scrotes while against Oxford the match is held up as a beacon for what can be achieved with low pricing. Given the behaviour at the Oxford game I'm left wondering.

As above, and to answer your earlier question, it comes down to the fact that for some fans the club can do nothing right even when the club does precisely what fans have been calling for.

It leaves me wondering what on Earth people expect. Some are never going to be happy.

Edited by Paul
Link to post
Share on other sites

We want bigger crowds so lets not bother about a few so called scrotes from Wigan. Honestly moaning about the Burnley U23 game being restricted then worrying about cheap tickets versus Wigan of all people, i give up !

Let the people who are paid to deal with them deal with them in the unlikely event they actually turn up.  Nothing screams small time more than worrying about the likes of Wiggin come on lads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul said:

Not at all. I was interested to understand why for Wigan at £10 we get scrotes while against Oxford the match is held up as a beacon for what can be achieved with low pricing. Given the behaviour at the Oxford game I'm left wondering.

As above, and to answer your earlier question, it comes down to the fact that for some fans the club can do nothing right even when the club does precisely what fans have been calling for.

It leaves me wondering what on Earth people expect. Some are never going to be happy.

Oxford game was full of scrotes from Rovers (everyone who went on the pitch).

We have spent the last 2 years complaining they should be doing £10 everywhere. Now it's finally here we have to shut our gobs (me included), get tickets and show Waggott that we were right all along.

 

It's a night match in winter with red button but no school.

Oxford was a sunny afternoon promotion party.

(Although when tickets were being bought the weather wasn't known).

If we can get 17 - 18 K on, in the circumstances, it will be a win to the fans. Point proven.

If we only get 12K on (including Wigan fans) then it will be a win to Waggott. Myth dispelled.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Paul said:

No Stuart you said "it will attract a lot of scrotes." You didn't make clear it's only Wigan fans you define as scrotes. The wording of your post and that this is a thread about Rovers attendances suggested to me you were commenting about home support or at the least both sets of fans.

I'm not turning anything in to a barb. I'm merely pointing out we have fans who don't want a certain type of person, a scrote, at Ewood. We have other fans who object to wealthy, privileged ST holders. This leaves me to wonder just who a section of our support would deem welcome at Ewood?

The bulk of our fan base is ST holders, the wealthy and privileged. A joke of a definition given the demographic which is so frequently used to illustrate the issues around ticket prices.

What it all boils down to is the club can't do right for doing wrong with a section of our support. Something you have perfectly illustrated by your concern it will attract a lot of scrotes.

Balance went out of the window a long time ago.

Don’t you dare, Paul. 

My post quite clearly said “My only worry with picking the Wigan game is ...”

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I still don’t know why everyone loses their mind about the actual attendance versus the announced hate.

It’s tickets sold, has been like that for ages...

Correct K-Hod.  It goes back to the eighties.  In fact Rovers came to that particular party rather late.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.