BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

They used to plonk them there and on the advertising hoardings when i sat in N01 over ten years ago.  Not encouraging the destruction of anything but it seems not content with pricing people out they just want those who do go to sit down quietly, where they are told and shut up !

Then they'll throw their own hands in the air and moan about lack of crowds and atmosphere.

I've just noticed that "livefootballontv.com" has our boxing day game down as live on the red button.

I thought something had come in where the holiday games couldn't be shown unless it was sold out or close too?

Interestingly it doesn't have any games on the red button listed for Sunday 29th or New Years Day, as I'm presuming these must be fair game to be shown too?

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A point from the playoffs as we hit the festive period.

The club needs to blitz the database to get folk signed up for half STs. 

‘Join the play off/promotion push’.

If there's any time to make a push for half ST sales you'd have to say it's now. 

I think we all expect a thin attendance against Wigan but if we win and produce a decent performance on TV then we should be looking at 20,000+ on Boxing Day to kick start much better Ewood gates next year.

Going to be very important to take a large raucous following to Huddersfield. 

46 minutes ago, philipl said:

I think we all expect a thin attendance against Wigan but if we win and produce a decent performance on TV then we should be looking at 20,000+ on Boxing Day to kick start much better Ewood gates next year.

I was at Ewood on Friday buying extra tickets for the BBE. We wanted undercover NO2/3 for both games.

For Wigan it was a single and I got middle of NO3.

For Birmingham, two together, all that was available was NO5. If you look online it's the same right across the BBE with only the front 6/7 rows showing other than singles, the exception being NO5 outer. The lady selling me my tickets said, without me asking, Birmingham is a very popular game.

If you like at the BBE for Wigan it's a similar situation.

I've no idea what attendance this will translate to but suggest the gate may not be as gloomy as some predict. I don't have time to count individual seats, I'll leave that to someone else.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I can't see the Boxing Day crowd being much more than 15k or so as it's Category A, especially as a few floating fans may plump for Wigan at a tenner instead.

it was never going to happen, but £10 for Birmingham would've seen a 20,000+

I can see at least 18k on Birmingham being on. 

Rovers doing very well. 

The sales for Birmingham online dont look much more than usual to me. Perhaps an extra couple of hundred.

If you really want thousands more turning up then making a relatively non descript fixture Category A at nearly £30 a time isnt the way to do it.

• Like 3

On 16/12/2019 at 07:19, philipl said:

I have got my ticket for Huddersfield.

A lot might chose the Wigan match pver the Brum game as their xmas Rovers fix even though it's on tv. A tenner as opposed to cat A especially if you're bringing the family is a no brainer.

Boxing day won't be a big home turnout at all just maybe a thousand or so more than the usual 11.5, all depends what they bring.

16k tops i reckon.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

A lot might chose the Wigan match pver the Brum pne as their xmas Rovers fix even though it's on tv. A tenner as opposed to cat A especially if you're bringing the family is a no brainer.

Boxing day won't be a big home turnout at all just maybe a thousand or so more than the usual 11.5, all depends what they bring.

16k tops i reckon.

Yeah I thought the same, especially if the Brum game is on the dreaded red button.

• Like 1

Some interesting tidbits. We’ve sold 200 half STs so far. Usually sell 500 by the time they go off sale. In a way, this good run has started slightly late as you imagine a lot of folk would buy for Xmas presents in November.

Be interesting if they spike if we win on Monday. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18107472.rovers-hope-optimism-cut-price-tickets-can-boost-attendance/

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah I thought the same, especially if the Brum game is on the dreaded red button.

I've seen a few mentioning it on social media, Wigan instead of Brum because of the ticket prices.

They should stop fooking about with it all Brum at home on Boxing day should be 20 quid in all areas except JW upper central. Just keep it simple not too dear and not give away either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

The Birmingham home game is NOT on red button tho. 

The 2 away games at Huddersfield and Forest are on the right button

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11889821/championship-fixtures-live-watch-festive-matches-on-sky-sports

• Like 1