Just now, Mattyblue said:

I can't see the Boxing Day crowd being much more than 15k or so as it's Category A, especially as a few floating fans may plump for Wigan at a tenner instead.

it was never going to happen, but £10 for Birmingham would've seen a 20,000+

I can see at least 18k on Birmingham being on. 

Rovers doing very well. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid the club has dug its own grave in relation to attendances and atmosphere at Ewood and it is going to be very difficult to turn that around now from what amounts to a prolonged decline. Some

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16908899.tony-mowbray-feels-a-warmth-from-fans-to-rovers-players/?ref=mac   Felt sorry for Mowbray here and thought was a worthy topic for some op

I've said this before but for every consecutive year you have had a season ticket you should get 5% off the renewal price, up to a maximum of 30% People would build up their discount, and if we h

Posted Images

The sales for Birmingham online dont look much more than usual to me. Perhaps an extra couple of hundred.

If you really want thousands more turning up then making a relatively non descript fixture Category A at nearly £30 a time isnt the way to do it.

On 16/12/2019 at 07:19, philipl said:

I think we all expect a thin attendance against Wigan but if we win and produce a decent performance on TV then we should be looking at 20,000+ on Boxing Day to kick start much better Ewood gates next year.

Going to be very important to take a large raucous following to Huddersfield. 

I have got my ticket for Huddersfield.

You never know, win the next two home games and we might sell out for Hudds or get very close, knowing Rovers though we'll get 1 point out of the next two games and we'll have just over a thousand there.

A lot might chose the Wigan match pver the Brum game as their xmas Rovers fix even though it's on tv. A tenner as opposed to cat A especially if you're bringing the family is a no brainer.

Boxing day won't be a big home turnout at all just maybe a thousand or so more than the usual 11.5, all depends what they bring.

16k tops i reckon.

Edited by tomphil
Just now, tomphil said:

A lot might chose the Wigan match pver the Brum pne as their xmas Rovers fix even though it's on tv. A tenner as opposed to cat A especially if you're bringing the family is a no brainer.

Boxing day won't be a big home turnout at all just maybe a thousand or so more than the usual 11.5, all depends what they bring.

16k tops i reckon.

Yeah I thought the same, especially if the Brum game is on the dreaded red button.

Some interesting tidbits. We’ve sold 200 half STs so far. Usually sell 500 by the time they go off sale. In a way, this good run has started slightly late as you imagine a lot of folk would buy for Xmas presents in November.

Be interesting if they spike if we win on Monday. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18107472.rovers-hope-optimism-cut-price-tickets-can-boost-attendance/

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah I thought the same, especially if the Brum game is on the dreaded red button.

I've seen a few mentioning it on social media, Wigan instead of Brum because of the ticket prices.

They should stop fooking about with it all Brum at home on Boxing day should be 20 quid in all areas except JW upper central. Just keep it simple not too dear and not give away either.

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

The Birmingham home game is NOT on red button tho. 

The 2 away games at Huddersfield and Forest are on the right button

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11889821/championship-fixtures-live-watch-festive-matches-on-sky-sports

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah I think that could kill any potential followings at Hudds or Forest to be honest.

I've got my tickets for both aswell could have saved a fortune!

But there is nothing better than being there 

18 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Many more of those attendances at the mighty Turf that season.... legend has it though they had to terrace Pendle hill for the Orient game!

:lol:

I'll never forget that one it was Radio Lancs phone in gold.   'If we were in Rovers position we'd.....'     -  STILL get smaller gates mate ?

Surprised Man United didn't offer though I guess it wasn't globally relevant enough to exploit as with the trapped Chilean miners (sent shirts)

I don't think it's that exploitative and the majority probably won't return. Maybe a minority will perhaps that's the motive. People aren't gonna complain about them getting in for free as it will make them look bad after what's happened with the expulsion.

The club are advertising "head of commercial" vacancy. So has Greg Coar left, been promoted or what?

Edited by Vinjay