BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Women

I have searched the site, and cannot find a thread and surely they deserve one? (Sorry if I have missed it.)

Having won the triple last year, and cruelly overlooked to go into the PL, I note they are now storming the league. Six wins out of six, for 30, against 1!

Do any members go, where do they play, and do the horrors from Pune support them?

I just think it would be good if there was some publicity whilst there is a lull in the first team fixtures?

Any information as to why they were rejected from the PL, despite an appeal, and the obvious that as soon as Man Ure raise a team, they are fast tracked?

Just now, SergeiTheMeerKat said:

I know that at least 1 of the family members watched the cup final last season. Calls of congratulations were apparently made to Ewood after the final whistle.

I just think that they should have some recognition, but was it a lack of funds from the "owners", that prevented our promotion, having won the league?

I agree 100% that they should have more recognition. I also know that promoting the ladies team more was put forward to the family upon first purchasing Rovers, however a former Chairman nixed the idea saying that fans only care about the 1st team football and that money promoting the ladies would be wasted.

1 hour ago, SergeiTheMeerKat said:

I agree 100% that they should have more recognition. I also know that promoting the ladies team more was put forward to the family upon first purchasing Rovers, however a former Chairman nixed the idea saying that fans only care about the 1st team football and that money promoting the ladies would be wasted.

Haha..maybe they could have brought in a stooge and dismantled the women's team as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SergeiTheMeerKat said:

I know that at least 1 of the family members watched the cup final last season. Calls of congratulations were apparently made to Ewood after the final whistle.

Bloody hell, you're back!! While you are here---what's the plan?

Get promoted and sell? Please!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I just think that they should have some recognition, but was it a lack of funds from the "owners", that prevented our promotion, having won the league?

I doubt any amount of funding would have prevented the Man Utd circle jerk once they announced they were forming a team. Remember integrity is a foreign word to the guardians of the game

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Too right perthblue.

As far as i'm aware the ladies' team have the full support of the club and presumably therefore the owners. The club appealed the decision not to allow the club to be promoted despite being asked not to by the FA. At the appeal no one from the FA attended but just sent their lawyers. The whole thing stunk.

Never mind Man Utd, Leicester were promoted despite finishing 10 points behind Rovers in the league. There were also two other clubs from the Southern Division promoted to the Championship - Lewes and Sheffield United. West Ham, who finished 7th out of 12 in the the Southern Division, were promoted to the Super League!

The positives are that the rules have been changed and if Rovers win their division this year they will be automatically promoted to the Championship. The way they have started, top of the table on goal difference with two games in hand and a goal difference of +29 after 6 games, it looks like they might do it again.

They are currently playing home games at Bamber Bridge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, only2garners said:

Too right perthblue.

As far as i'm aware the ladies' team have the full support of the club and presumably therefore the owners. The club appealed the decision not to allow the club to be promoted despite being asked not to by the FA. At the appeal no one from the FA attended but just sent their lawyers. The whole thing stunk.

Never mind Man Utd, Leicester were promoted despite finishing 10 points behind Rovers in the league. There were also two other clubs from the Southern Division promoted to the Championship - Lewes and Sheffield United. West Ham, who finished 7th out of 12 in the the Southern Division, were promoted to the Super League!

The positives are that the rules have been changed and if Rovers win their division this year they will be automatically promoted to the Championship. The way they have started, top of the table on goal difference with two games in hand and a goal difference of +29 after 6 games, it looks like they might do it again.

They are currently playing home games at Bamber Bridge.

Unbelievable 

Edited by old darwen blue

5 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/23/womens-football-gates-main-stadiums?CMP=share_btn

Interesting article. Play a ladies game before the 3 o’clock ok?

Good idea that in my opinion. Would we have to pay two admission fees though? 

?

This seems a good idea to me too. The absolute perfect opportunity for this would be 16/2/19. The men are at home to Middlesborough and the women on the day after, so you might get fans from both teams to a double header on the Saturday. Even if only say 1,000 fans came to a 12pm kick-off for the women it would still be way more than they get at Bamber Bridge and you would also have fans in the ground for an hour between games which should increase catering sales.

Off the top of my head I can think of two possible issues with this. I assume Rovers have an arrangement with Bamber Bridge to play the ladies' games, so they may need compensating for lost income. And there might be issues with playing two games back to back at Ewood, particularly in mid winter.

Utter piss take that they still have to play in that league in favour of a bunch of media darlings...well done to them for keeping it together and showing the corrupt decision up for what it was.

Can you imagine if something similar had happened to our first team?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

They are strolling the league, after nine games they are unbeaten, just seen off the team who are third, away.

Plus 49 GD.

Totally agree. Man Ure parachuted into the league above with no history.

As usual, small town club bias.

In fairness, at least that Manure side are second in the league above so far. I suppose they might have put an impressive financial case forward, that they were going to put X amount of money into it and be more than competitive. Still no excuse to be in ahead of us though.

Leicester are 5th in the same league. Part of me thinks, well at least they didn't put teams who ended up being whipping boys in ahead of us...the other, bigger part of me thinks we could be riding high in the league above instead. If Leicester are 5th and finished 10 points below us, we could have been up for a second consecutive promotion.

That West Ham side that got jumped up from 7th in the third tier to the top tier are 8th out of 11 in it, and 5 points clear of the bottom. Makes me think even the top tier isn't all that, and we could be conducting ourselves respectably at that level right now.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...