BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I remember going to QPR in '93 and everyone was singing: "QP-RRRRR, QP-RRR, QP-hahahahahahaaa!"

Which is a lot better than 2013 I think it was, with a load of anti-Burnley songs and digs at Charlie Austin, and generally shouting the w word as often as poss.

Was that the 0-0 draw? If so I was there too - awful game and Rovers fans were at their foul-mouthed worst

Luetwiler

Bennett Lenihan Rodwell Williams

Reed Evans

Palmer              Dack           Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler/Fisher, Bell, Nyambe, Smallwood, Conway, Rothwell, Brereton

Rovers to win 1 nil. But a very tight game. 

The team I think Tony will pick

Luetwiler

Bennett Lenihan Rodwell Williams

Reed Smallwood

Palmer          Dack           Rothwell

Armstrong

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya/Luetwiler

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Reed Evans

Graham

Raya/Luetwiler

Reed Smallwood

Armstrong

Both decent sides, think a lot will depend on fitness, with Graham,Mulgrew,Rodwell and Nyambe and obviously Raya, but we know Tony will probably throw a surprise or two, to keep McLaren guessing.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya/Luetwiler

Reed Evans

Graham

Raya/Luetwiler

Reed Smallwood

Armstrong

Hopefully Graham is back, replace Armstrong with him and that second team would be a winner!

Will always remember QPR for the game in  our relegation season to Div 3 under Quigley/Carey. Needed to win and lost 1-0 with an even worse ref than last Saturday, to which one fan, who had been stood right behind me in the Bburn End, responded by running on the pitch and kicking Phil Parkes in the nuts.

Happy days!

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

Just now, arbitro said:

Early injury news from Brockhall. It doesn't sound too good for Raya and Mulgrew but Rodwell should make it. Curiously no mention of Lenihan.

Think Lenihan already tweeted that it wasn't all that bad, so hopefully that sorts itself out. 

The fact that Raya still has another couple of days left in Spain sounds like he's not even being considered for the weekend, which considering how bad it was, is fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Early injury news from Brockhall. It doesn't sound too good for Raya and Mulgrew but Rodwell should make it. Curiously no mention of Lenihan.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/october/injury-update/

Sounds like Mulgrews injury is minor enough. I reckon him and Lenihan will play. 

I hope what happened Raya doesn't effect his gane going forward. Certainly out for the weekend 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The problem could be possibly be something I noticed when watching him. When he gets the ball, his first thought is attack and get it forward. He dribbles , runs sprays passes and tries to create things. Hes not afraid to have a shot either. Us as fans love this, particularly when the game is slow paced or possession based. I love players like this, but for every 30 yard shot tipped over the bar or mazy dribble into the area he will lose possession at least three times. Tony likes safe , structed play. This approach is what divides fan opinion on here at times. Some would love to see what we could do when let off the lead with the attacking creativity we have. Some like the sensible safe approach Tony displays. No right or wrong answer just something I think when I see the team and rothwell play

Whilst I agree with your points about his style of play. I think its worth noting that for all his promise, albeit in very small cameos, hes not actually done anything at the end of it.

The best thing about Dack is the numbers, the goals and the assists he guarantees, for all the entertainment he brings. I don't think Rothwell's problem is just his off the ball play, or his style in general perhaps taking time to fit within the structured team that Mowbray clearly favours. Hes not doing anything conclusive at the end of all of his dribbles, his skills, his speculative shots. He had a guilt edged chance on Saturday and fluffed his lines. Palmer has 3 goals, yes 2 were in the cup but hes showing that he offers a goal threat. Rothwell was involved in the very good goal at Bolton, but that all came from persistence and skill from Palmer. 

At the moment, that "attacking wide" role has 3 potential candidates, Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong. I would like them to really push for that place in the team. Armstrong has had a really poor season himself, bar the Leeds game.

I never see Rothwell being a central midfielder either, a number 10 maybe.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Think Lenihan already tweeted that it wasn't all that bad, so hopefully that sorts itself out. 

The fact that Raya still has another couple of days left in Spain sounds like he's not even being considered for the weekend, which considering how bad it was, is fair enough. 

i thought Raya was a bad injury and Fisher did not play last night so must be on bench on saturday

For the singers:

"He's got a Hair Island, a Hair Island" and repeat, repeat.

I doubt that Andy and Bob at Althetico Mince will mind but if they do tell them to fuck off, they will understand the language and may even suggest a song about Steve's Fat Slag and Casper, Steve's pet snake who will turn up at Ewood spewing sick as it's a bad traveller

Doesn't sound like Raya or Mulgrew will be playing so I would go with the following. 

Leutwiler

Nyambe           Lenihan                    Rodwell            Williams

Reed                         Evans

Palmer                             Dack                                   Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Fisher, Downing, Travis, Smallwood, Bennett, Conway, Armstrong

I hope Mowbray goes for it at home and plays with a proper striker along with the attacking flair of Dack, Palmer and Rothwell in behind. However I fear that he may go with a more cautious approach and play one of Bennett or Reed out wide.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get from those comments that Mulgrew is out. What are people seeing that I'm not?? 

They are saying another scan/ x Ray needed, can’t see him making it, or to be more precise another assessment.

Edited by unsall

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Doesn't sound like Raya or Mulgrew will be playing so I would go with the following. 

Leutwiler

Palmer                             Dack                                   Rothwell

Graham

I hope Mowbray goes for it at home and plays with a proper striker along with the attacking flair of Dack, Palmer and Rothwell in behind. However I fear that he may go with a more cautious approach and play one of Bennett or Reed out wide.

Decent side, or if doubt with Rodwell stick Williams in at c/h and Bell at full back, but like you say TM loves Bennett, do think he’ll find room for him somewhere.

41 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Leutwiler

Graham

Like it but who would be captain?

Evans? or Rodwell??