BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sunderland Netflix documentary

Doubt it.The original series was meant to document a fallen big club coming back from the ashes to piss the championship and make it back to the PL. As it transpired it went tragically wrong but also made for good viewing as they suffered back-to-back relegations. Think they decided to give it one more shot in the hope they then walk L1. Obv, they didnt and lost out in the playoffs. 

Would get a bit boring now if they did another tbh - wouldnt mind them doing other clubs tho.    

Edited by JacknOry

On 10/06/2020 at 08:49, JacknOry said:

Doubt it.The original series was meant to document a fallen big club coming back from the ashes to piss the championship and make it back to the PL. As it transpired it went tragically wrong but also made for good viewing as they suffered back-to-back relegations. Think they decided to give it one more shot in the hope they then walk L1. Obv, they didnt and lost out in the playoffs. 

Would get a bit boring now if they did another tbh - wouldnt mind them doing other clubs tho.    

Amazon have quite a few different ones that are similar. The Leeds one is a pretty good watch.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Anyone watching Tottenham Hotspur behind the scenes all or nothing documentary series on amazon? 

Only watched 2 episodes but so far brilliant watching. 

I'd say it's interesting and will watch it through.  Its not the enthralling car crash of the first Sunderland documentary though.

Its shows a bit about what happens behind the scenes but I just feel Spurs have had a bit of license to edit this as a PR piece. I doubt there will be much in it  to paint anybody at the club in a bad light (I've also watched 2 episodes)

Really enjoying the Tottenham documentary on Amazon.  It highlights the size of the operation at Tottenham today.  Been to White Hart Lane on more occasions than I care to remember - not the best of hunting grounds for us - but the new stadium and the administrative centre are light years away from what the old ground used to be.  Looking at the infrastructure they have in place both at the ground and at the training ground you can see why the top club's require Champions League football.  

On another level its quite depressing as it shows just how far away we are from that level of operation - in fairness probably the overwhelming majority of Premier League and Championship clubs are.  There are probably five or six clubs - United, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, and Arsenal if they ever get their act together - who can operate at that level year in and year out.  Every other club is hoping for one lucky season when they get everything right and one of the top six slip up.  

• Like 2

Sunderland docu highlighted the risks in not planning properly.

They found themselves desperately needing 2 keepers. Grayson signs 2 complete duds. One because he fits the nice lad who he knows, local to the area and is affordable. The other a foreign lge gamble.....

• Like 1