Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

5 hours ago, rigger said:

When you say you would swap places with Burnley, is that because at the moment they are relatively successful. Or would you also swap with say Bolton or Blackpool ? 

I'd rather dance with the devil than even consider swapping anything with that lot. They won The League 60 years ago and what else?

Moreover, I'm more than satisfied with 2 lots of 4 fingers and a thumb, thanks very much!

Fecking Mormon owners, jeez, £90 million debt laden leveraged buy out, Garlick, Kilby and co. pissing themselves as they sip their Margaritas in The Bahamas, Dyche soon on his bike...........ain't it great!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

PS: Has Pendle Hill been terraced yet?

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Incredible how much time has been and gone under their ownership.  At my age I was too young to really enjoy the golden era of the early to mid 90s and wasnt old enough to be able to go to the Eu

I wonder which dropped first?

They can rot in hell for me. We need bailing out to the tune of £20m per season, due to theirs and their stakeholders, total disregard for the club and Jack's legacy, when they bought it. All this non

Posted Images

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Firstly I'd like to say thanks Blue Blood for a considered and courteous response. I'll try my best to reciprocate.

I've thought long and hard about matters, carried out some lengthy and detailed research (which I'll keep to myself), sat back and thought about things, in addition to carrying out some in depth discussions with my close, Rovers daft mates of many years. It's only then that I've formed an opinion, as to how we could all play a part in re-invigorating and perhaps restoring it too, to its' former glories.

Firstly, what's the likelihood of someone trotting along from Tockholes or Wilpshire, with sufficient brass to both buy the Club and provide it with sufficient capital on an annual basis to both sustain it at a level that we would deem to be acceptable and provide a reasonable, twice annually, transfer kitty? Answer, zilch.

Secondly, We probably all agree that Rovers' local governance has been substandard at best and downright embarrassing at worst, during the past 10 years. Wouldn't it be great if that situation could be addressed somehow and backed with the levels of cash that we're now 'grateful' for but The Rao's appear to find nothing more than 'arse pocket change'?

Create a vision, a strategy, direction, a plan and measures of success (or failure) which everybody, could sign up to and benchmark against. Create ambition most importantly!

Thirdly, Complete re-engagement with our supporters (customers), the lifeblood of the football club and include every last one of them (us) in helping us achieve whatever it is we deserve. We're not 'entitled' as supporters of other clubs sometimes label us but having tasted success not too many years ago, we've had a taste and yearn for more.

Yeh, it may be a dream but sometimes if you work hard enough at it, sometimes they do become a reality. Today is one such day for me on a personal level and perhaps why I thought I'd share my dream for Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Our eldest son's partner has just been induced into labour as I type this and hopefully the 6th generation of the darrenrover, Rovers daft, family, will today enter the world and be our first grandchild. I'm absolutely beside myself with emotion and excitement as you can probably imagine, I sincerely hope it's not the only family dream to come to fruition in 2021.

WE ARE The Rovers!!

Hope all goes well for your son and their partner. 

Can't say I disagree with a single thing in your post - a well thought out process of recovery imo. 

The problem is for me that Venkys seem utterly Incapable of point 2. There is no vision, strategy, nous. Heck even getting basics right like the timeliness of budget setting would be a huge step in the right direction. Until that happens the plan really won't work. They hasn't been any indication in the last 10 years that they will get this right, so I am not optimistic. 

With that in mind we're trapped in a Venkys nightmare, as agree with point 1 and would add Venkys aren't interested in selling to grey knights ejthrr. So we are dependent on them, with no way out and very little hope for better. It's a horrible place for us to be in. 

6 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Until our owners get THEIR act together and themselves re-engage on all points you have touched upon then this Club and its supporters will remain between a rock and a hard place darrenrover.

'Vision,strategy,direction and planning' all have to come from the very top,some decade down the line we are still waiting,nay,hoping in vain....

The great question still  remains unanswered: WHAT DO VENKYS WANT FROM/FOR ROVERS?

Brilliant post and a much more concise and eloquent summary of the situation than I managed. 

That's the £150 million pound question isn't it. My view, from all I have read and having spoke with a number of Indian friends, is saving face/hiding the skeletons in the closet from being viewed. There's no more plausible explanation for them both continuing to fund us and prevent administration whilst at the same time not doing anything to do with the club properly. 

Problem is with this is that it means we are stuck with them for a very, very long time. 

Strange how the venkys don't get a mention there ! 

Did they ever actually really own it or was it just another bit of cheap publicity by the SEM propaganda crowd ?

20 hours ago, tomphil said:

Strange how the venkys don't get a mention there ! 

Did they ever actually really own it or was it just another bit of cheap publicity by the SEM propaganda crowd ?

You could say the same about the football club!

15 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

You could say the same about the football club!

There was once an absolute definitive line drawn in the sand!!

The rest as they say, is fecking history: Time to move on (but never forget)

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!!...................👆

Edited by darrenrover
22 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

There was once an absolute definitive line drawn in the sand!!

The rest as they say, is fecking history: Time to move on (but never forget)

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!!...................👆

Never forgiven never forgot.  I will begrudgingly let it go, the day they move on

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Never forgiven never forgot.  I will begrudgingly let it go, the day they move on

I'm half with you but what then if they chucked in the ticket?

I've thought it through, long and hard and STRONGLY believe it will come good!......

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!

Just now, darrenrover said:

I'm half with you but what then if they chucked in the ticket?

I've thought it through, long and hard and STRONGLY believe it will come good!......

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!

Only with the right manager. If they appointed a proven coach. This squad is capable 

Just now, roverandout said:

Only with the right manager. If they appointed a proven coach. This squad is capable 

...and empowered Board governance!!

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!

Never forget, but try and forgive. Move forward together. They need to sit down and explain what happened. Would they do that? Until something along those lines happens, it shows they don’t care. It’s about trying to build the ‘broken’ trust. Venkey’s over to you...

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

And what evidence is there that they will ever appoint the right manager/proven coach?

I can't see past HSH's current list of out of work clients.

We may think that the only solution is a return to the top flight, but are we sure that is the agenda here? There is not a lot of supportive evidence...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

...and empowered Board governance!!

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!

Therein a contradiction...Venky's/empowered board governance. 

Cheston appointed Warnock and while he was on holiday, someone else overturned the decision. And that was after all the "learning from their previous mistakes". 

Now the agenda looks worryingly like a nursery school for the premiership...

"WE WERE THE ROVERS"?

41 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Never forget, but try and forgive. Move forward together. They need to sit down and explain what happened. Would they do that? Until something along those lines happens, it shows they don’t care. It’s about trying to build the ‘broken’ trust. Venkey’s over to you...

L'eterna attesa

the eternal wait.jpg

59 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Therein a contradiction...Venky's/empowered board governance. 

Cheston appointed Warnock and while he was on holiday, someone else overturned the decision. And that was after all the "learning from their previous mistakes". 

Now the agenda looks worryingly like a nursery school for the premiership...

"WE WERE THE ROVERS"?

Sorry Leonard, I understand and all that but shame on you.

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Sorry Leonard, I understand and all that but shame on you.

You clearly don't "understand". Shame on the owners! Jesus, I don't want it to be true...

What evidence can you show that they have ever really gone for promotion?

7 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

You clearly don't "understand". Shame on the owners! Jesus, I don't want it to be true...

What evidence can you show that they have ever really gone for promotion?

I'm sorry Leonard but please behave, don't expect me to answer that.