BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

15 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

You could say the same about the football club!

There was once an absolute definitive line drawn in the sand!!

The rest as they say, is fecking history: Time to move on (but never forget)

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!!...................👆

Edited by darrenrover

22 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

There was once an absolute definitive line drawn in the sand!!

The rest as they say, is fecking history: Time to move on (but never forget)

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!!...................👆

Never forgiven never forgot.  I will begrudgingly let it go, the day they move on

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Never forgiven never forgot.  I will begrudgingly let it go, the day they move on

I'm half with you but what then if they chucked in the ticket?

I've thought it through, long and hard and STRONGLY believe it will come good!......

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!

Just now, darrenrover said:

I'm half with you but what then if they chucked in the ticket?

I've thought it through, long and hard and STRONGLY believe it will come good!......

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!

Only with the right manager. If they appointed a proven coach. This squad is capable 

Never forget, but try and forgive. Move forward together. They need to sit down and explain what happened. Would they do that? Until something along those lines happens, it shows they don’t care. It’s about trying to build the ‘broken’ trust. Venkey’s over to you...

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Only with the right manager. If they appointed a proven coach. This squad is capable 

And what evidence is there that they will ever appoint the right manager/proven coach?

I can't see past HSH's current list of out of work clients.

We may think that the only solution is a return to the top flight, but are we sure that is the agenda here? There is not a lot of supportive evidence...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

...and empowered Board governance!!

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!

Therein a contradiction...Venky's/empowered board governance. 

Cheston appointed Warnock and while he was on holiday, someone else overturned the decision. And that was after all the "learning from their previous mistakes". 

Now the agenda looks worryingly like a nursery school for the premiership...

"WE WERE THE ROVERS"?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Never forget, but try and forgive. Move forward together. They need to sit down and explain what happened. Would they do that? Until something along those lines happens, it shows they don’t care. It’s about trying to build the ‘broken’ trust. Venkey’s over to you...

L'eterna attesa

the eternal wait.jpg

59 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Therein a contradiction...Venky's/empowered board governance. 

Cheston appointed Warnock and while he was on holiday, someone else overturned the decision. And that was after all the "learning from their previous mistakes". 

Now the agenda looks worryingly like a nursery school for the premiership...

"WE WERE THE ROVERS"?

Sorry Leonard, I understand and all that but shame on you.

7 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

You clearly don't "understand". Shame on the owners! Jesus, I don't want it to be true...

What evidence can you show that they have ever really gone for promotion?

I'm sorry Leonard but please behave, don't expect me to answer that.

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brilliant owners apparently. People agreeing underneath!

Genius move to be so bad and corrupt at the start that standards become so low and even allowing a key asset to run his deal down is a symbol of the owners beimg brilliant.

Screenshot_20220902-001235_Twitter.jpg

Long way to go before they even come close to being brilliant owners.  

Half the support base want to throw a snowball on sight if they see them, the other portion want more visibility and communication. That gap can’t be bridged, so they’re better off staying away.

I still think that if we hypothetically got to a playoff final it would be a shame if they didn’t feel able or willing to come over to Wembley and watch the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What makes you think they’d be remotely interested in doing so? Their attitude to us is like my attitude to the Netflix subscription that I have but don’t use.

I think you are wrong on your 50/50 judgement. A lot of people who would like to throw a snowball/brick/hand grenade at them are gone now. As a percentage of our vastly reduced crowd, it’d be about 15%. You’d have a slightly higher percentage who would cheer them and give them the heroes welcome they’d arrogantly expect; Some due to a desire to be the superest of fan, some like the tweeter mentioned above, because they genuinely think that by lavishing Venky’s with praise they will be allowed to run the club with their old school pals. The vast majority would display total indifference though.

I’ll tell you what is a shame - that they were ever allowed anywhere near our club. They should feel ashamed every day.

I didn’t intend for my post to reopen old wounds. If you thought that was the intention I apologise. I agree that overall their ownership has been a dismal failure, it couldn’t be judged as anything else.

I think they’d attend a game like that because they love basking in the glory of the huge occasions, when we’re playing one of the big six, cup final etc.

I think you would accept that the several different positions amongst the fan base cannot be reconciled. I just think this current truce is relatively painless compared to the toxicity of several years ago.

• Like 4