BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

favourite tugay moment was against arsenal circa 2003, one nil up around the hour mark,deep inside arsenals half,tugay feigned to pass it out wide then arrowed a low shot,right in the corner,past the moaning git goalie lehman,it messed up arsenals title challenge as well,tugay was immense that day and gillespie tormented  the arsenal full back van bronkhorst back so badly he was taken off at half time,tugay is  deffo in the top five of my rovers legends,nearly as good as the immortal garner himself☺️

• Like 2

On 14/08/2020 at 10:59, Displaced Rover said:

"Tugay and Dunn were flanked by Damien Duff and Gary Flitcroft, two wingers who added electric pace and cutting edge creativity to the ranks"

The electric pace of renowned winger Gary Flitcroft?!?! Ha ha

My favourite Tugay memory is probably him having Gerrard on a piece of string for 80 minutes, including that step over and slide rule pass to set up the winner.

I find reminiscing about Tugay (and others from our illustrious history) a very sad reminder of what has happened to our club...

I often catch my mind drifting at Ewood these days and thinking "I used to sit here watching Tugay, Jansen, McCarthy, Duff...what the fuck happened?"

It makes the current dross painful to watch.

• Like 7

One of my favourite players at Rovers. He always reminds me a little bit of Salgado. Both tremendous players from famous club backgrounds who both gave their all for the club. No big time Charlies. 
I remember feeling gutted when Tugay was banned for the League Cup Final as it would been his showpiece game.

Does anyone know where he is now and what he’s doing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonygreenbank said:

One of my favourite players at Rovers. He always reminds me a little bit of Salgado. Both tremendous players from famous club backgrounds who both gave their all for the club. No big time Charlies. 
I remember feeling gutted when Tugay was banned for the League Cup Final as it would been his showpiece game.

Does anyone know where he is now and what he’s doing?

Last worked as Mancini's assistant at Galatasaray in 2014.

This is from his wiki though:-

His prowess as a cook is also revered, and in 2010 he was victorious in the Turkish version of the television programme MasterChef.

He certainly left me drooling...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

I've shared these photos before but what the hell...

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0ZJqWzChGIq96G

First time I've seen that 'Goodbye Tugay Welcome Tuncay' banner (penultimate pic)! Having googled, it looks like we were linked with him a year later, summer 2010, but not before. Random one.

Great album though and an excellent day - Ewood packed, top players in the blue and white including the great man's final game, the sun shining and yet another season of top flight football to look forward to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Never mind late thirties, he looks about 90 in some of those snaps! No wonder Noble thought he could run him ragged.

Noble said he was the best player he’s ever played against didn’t he lol, he was wrong, found out the hard way didn’t he.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Incredibly sad to know that the chances of seeing a player of that level play for us again, is slim to none.

Don't give up hope. In the late 80s/early 90s we saw our best player, Simon Barker, sold to first division QPR (ffs) in order to balance the books. Financially Rovers were knackered and then Jack came along and waved a magic wand.

We never know what the future holds for us so don't give up hope.

• 9 months later...
On 15/08/2020 at 20:35, AAK said:

Noble said he was the best player he’s ever played against didn’t he lol, he was wrong, found out the hard way didn’t he.

he also said he fancied his chances against him cos he had grey hair and looked about 60,taught him a lesson did`nt it,i don`t think noble got within tackle distance the who match,rovers 7-1 west ham!!!

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he also said he fancied his chances against him cos he had grey hair and looked about 60,taught him a lesson did`nt it,i don`t think noble got within tackle distance the who match,rovers 7-1 west ham!!!

Was talking to a WH fan on another forum and I posted the clip of Noble saying that Tugay was the best he'd played against.

His response which I thought was quite funny was: "I knew his (Noble's) legs had gone, I didn't think his head had though"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Different games mate. In the video Noble is talking about an FA Cup game, early in his career (think Noble made his debut 04/05).  The 7-1 was in our first season back, Autumn 2001.

One Tugay goal that never gets the credit it deserves was the one against Basel in the UEFA cup at Ewood when we wore red at home.

The touch, the turn, the way he just lifts it in the top corner from 25 yards. Ridiculous goal. Doesn’t get the hype that some in the premier league do, but probably his best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

How many things did Tugay famously do when substituted to waste time? Summat like 24? Can remember shin pads off, boots off, waving to the fans and shaking hands with the officials. 

And all after walking over to the Riverside before the board went up to make the journey as long as possible.

I credit Tugay with the rule change for subs going off the field at the nearest point. ☺️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

One Tugay goal that never gets the credit it deserves was the one against Basel in the UEFA cup at Ewood when we wore red at home.

The touch, the turn, the way he just lifts it in the top corner from 25 yards. Ridiculous goal. Doesn’t get the hype that some in the premier league do, but probably his best.

Yep I agree, this goal was unreal and definitely one of his very best.

• Like 1