BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Would you ever...

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, but it wasn't a complete reserve team; Mulgrew, Evans, Lenihan, Smallwood, Bell and Armstrong all started and we should have won the game. I recall us having far more chances than them. Obviously we would have had a better chance of winning if Dack, Graham, Raya and Nyambe all played, but I can understand why Mowbray gave some fringe payers a run out. I just wonder what would be said on here if Dack or Graham played and got injured. 

I doubt many would have been that bothered. We were promoted and it’s not like they were in contention for the World Cup squad....

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not bothered if one of our players got injured? Bit harsh that. Depending on the injury it could have led to ongoing issues 

I’ll re phrase. Assuming it was a minor injury, I suspect people wouldn’t have been that bothered. 

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not bothered if one of our players got injured? Bit harsh that. Depending on the injury it could have led to ongoing issues 

Presumably you think that we should have just sent a team of kids and a few reserves out for the last 2 games then? 

Edited by Ewood Ace

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not missing any point. It just doesn't bother me. Promotion was the goal. I didn't like being in League 1 and I don't want to be back there competing for that "trophy" any time soon. 

Neither would I. I am not unhappy that we didnt win League 1, it is that Mowbray didnt seem bothered about it.

Promotion was the primary and most obvious goal yes, it had already been achieved therefore was irrelevant at that point.

Taking it to the extreme, if we had reached the FA Cup final last season, promotion already secured, so Mowbray said to our best players, you go on holiday and played a weak team and said in the media that it wasnt that important. Would you still agree? Surely promotion was the goal, right?

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Neither would I. I am not unhappy that we didnt win League 1, it is that Mowbray didnt seem bothered about it.

Promotion was the primary and most obvious goal yes, it had already been achieved therefore was irrelevant at that point.

Taking it to the extreme, if we had reached the FA Cup final last season, promotion already secured, so Mowbray said to our best players, you go on holiday and played a weak team and said in the media that it wasnt that important. Would you still agree? Surely promotion was the goal, right?

Are you actually trying to compare winning the FA cup to winning League 1? If so, very silly analogy! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you actually trying to compare winning the FA cup to winning League 1? If so, very silly analogy! 

Obviously not. I was testing your "promotion was our aim" mentality which implies thats all that mattered was promotion. That had already been achieved but there was no reason to not give 100% and do our utmost to win the league, rather than play down its importance. You mention injuries which is very much clutching at straws, but if ever there was a time to get injuries that was less critical, it was surely 3 months before the new season starts. 

You also keep reiterating how close the game was at Charlton. For me that suggests that you think people were annoyed at not winning the league, when they were annoyed at Mowbray not being bothered about winning the league. Big difference.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously not. I was testing your "promotion was our aim" mentality which implies thats all that mattered was promotion. That had already been achieved but there was no reason to not give 100% and do our utmost to win the league, rather than play down its importance. You mention injuries which is very much clutching at straws, but if ever there was a time to get injuries that was less critical, it was surely 3 months before the new season starts. 

You also keep reiterating how close the game was at Charlton. For me that suggests that you think people were annoyed at not winning the league, when they were annoyed at Mowbray not being bothered about winning the league. Big difference.

Ha ha, there is one person clutching at straws and it ain't me :D