BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I can't see Venkys forking out for the likes of Hughes or his support staff, or indeed similar.

Mowbray accepted the job which had the condition he worked with the existing backroom, hence we still have Lowe and no proper goalkeeping coach.

Venkys do it on the cheap.

I can't imagine Hughes settling for consolidation either!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

yes our form hasn't been consist enough as we would have like but I always though we wouldn't a top 6 side and predict 14th place finish 

I predicted 14 th at the start of the season too. But as the season went on and we did better than expected I raised my horizons. That's what TM should have done.

Now, I'm disappointed. It could have been so much better. We have lost the momentum and excitement created by last season. A real shame.

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

How many top 10 champ teams would be after mowbray should they move their current man out? I can tell you none. I get that he gets kudos from rovers fans for getting us promoted but so did souness and before he jumped ship I remember thinking his time was up here despite getting us up and winning us silverware. Put it another way had we survived a few seasons back, and Mowbray had is languishing bottom half of the table the last few years wouldn’t fans be asking for a change to push us on. Top champ teams are hiring progressive managers like Bielsa, farka, santo, Wagner to take them to the next level, we should be thinking the same. It’s a gamble of course it is but I’m happy to take it 

I’ve talked to more than a few Boro fans online and in person that would swap him with Pulis in a heartbeat.

I know what you are saying but I really feel we need a bit more patience and to give him a couple of years. 

We had one season where we nearly almost never really troubled the playoffs since the Venkys came in. That’s when we had quality players all over the park. We aren’t that parachute payment club anymore.

It will take time and it would take time no matter who is in charge.

I just really don’t think we can afford to gamble again right now.

We are only just getting some normality, structure and trust back within the club and it’s not like we have a squad of mismanaged Barcelona players. Nor have we been too attractive a proposition for top players to join us since TM has been here.

No one is untouchable of course and if and when it starts to go backwards and tits up big time then you’ll see me on your side.

But for now I’m right behind Mogga, he’s a safe pair of hands and I can’t ever really see myself being vitriolic in my protests for him to be replaced.

Unless he gets an invisible dog of course.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not arrogant to have a view contrary to that of the manager,

And Graham has played 3 games (the majority of) 3 times in a week this season already, as I said the other day.

If thats the case hes a poor journalist! Gets a story and doesnt release it?!

No you didn't say majority of the time at all. 

Sharpe isn't going to upset the club or Mowbray

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No you didn't say majority of the time at all. 

Sharpe isn't going to upset the club or Mowbray

In 8 days, he played a full game v Villa, an hour at Derby and all but the last 5 minutes at Stoke.

In 8 days, he played a full game v Forest, an hour v Sheffield United and a full game v Bolton.

In 11 days, he played full the 90 minutes against Norwich, Leeds and West Brom.

So there you go, myth debunked, he can play the majority of games even inclusive of a game midweek.

And what use is a journalist having loads of information that he cant or wont release to the public :lol: thats his bloody job! 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In 8 days, he played a full game v Villa, an hour at Derby and all but the last 5 minutes at Stoke.

In 8 days, he played a full game v Forest, an hour v Sheffield United and a full game v Bolton.

In 11 days, he played full the 90 minutes against Norwich, Leeds and West Brom.

So there you go, myth debunked, he can play the majority of games even inclusive of a game midweek.

And what use is a journalist having loads of information that he cant or wont release to the public :lol: thats his bloody job! 

well what you didn't say that he didn't take part in the Sheffield United game between Leeds and WBA game? wonder why? 

myth debunked? :lol:

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well what you didn't say that he didn't take part in the Sheffield United game between Leeds and WBA game? wonder why? 

myth debunked? :lol:

Irrelevant. Thats at a time of the season that is unprecedented in terms of quantity of fixtures, but even if we had 11 games in 11 days and he played 3 in that time, he has still proven that he can play 3 games in quick succession. The number of games he doesnt play is irrelevant to the number of games he did play. And why no mention of my other 2 examples?

I've never once claimed he can play 4 games in 11 days, or that he might tire during one of 3 games in a week and a sub may be needed for half an hour, but he quite clearly can play 3 games in just over a week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Irrelevant. Thats at a time of the season that is unprecedented in terms of quantity of fixtures, but even if we had 11 games in 11 days and he played 3 in that time, he has still proven that he can play 3 games in quick succession. The number of games he doesnt play is irrelevant to the number of games he did play. And why no mention of my other 2 examples?

I've never once claimed he can play 4 games in 11 days, or that he might tire during one of 3 games in a week and a sub may be needed for half an hour, but he quite clearly can play 3 games in just over a week.

3 games in 11 days.  not in 8 days. So he was rested for one game during the 11 days period so he didn't have to 3 games in 8 days

Why no mention of yours 2 examples? Irrelevant to the point/info present by Mowbray. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 games in 11 days.  not in 8 days. So he was rested for one game during the 11 days period so he didn't have to 3 games in 8 days

Why no mention of yours 2 examples? Irrelevant to the point/info present by Mowbray. 

He's given you 2 examples of him playing 3 games in 8 days but you deem them irrelevant. It's pointless arguing with you as whatever facts are presented that contradict your previous statements you still won't except them. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's given you 2 examples of him playing 3 games in 8 days but you deem them irrelevant. It's pointless arguing with you as whatever facts are presented that contradict your previous statements you still won't except them. 

Earlier on the season so not relevant to the current point or spell of games..

• Moderation Lead

Chaddy, you’d make this a lot easier for yourself if you just admitted you were wrong. Or just admitted to what you’d said previously. 

Saving face really isn’t that important!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You really do beggar belief ? 

Typical response.

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Chaddy, you’d make this a lot easier for yourself if you just admitted you were wrong. Or just admitted to what you’d said previously. 

Saving face really isn’t that important!

Ive also admit I was wrong previously on it. 

On 14/02/2019 at 05:34, Silas said:

Sound like moaning minnies, but I wouldn't care if it was fair both ways round.

I'm sure there's been a couple of times at Ewood this season where a min or two has been tacked on when we were trying to cling on to points .

Don't know why, but it's something that really winds me up. 

Noticed that too.

On 14/02/2019 at 09:07, FGS5635 said:

Quite what Rothwell has to do to get let off the leash I dont know.

He just looks a threat everytime he gets the ball.

God knows what he thinks sat on the bench watching Conway and Brereton.

The formation last night was perfect for him to play instead of conway

Had a weird testimonial feel last night with folk playing anywhere and people just being chucked here there and everywhere to get a game

I'd say he's thinking he made a bad move that or he should not have done tony's missus.