BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Boro

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I know times have changed but souness tried to improve diet at Liverpool and Ian rush insisted on steak and chips before a game and he didn't do to bad.

I agree with dieticians etc but sometimes it can go to far. If you want to be the best ala Ronaldo/Kane , you will do anything for small gains. I guess Bradley just wants to play football but doesn't have the ambition or drive to push himself to his peak potential

Back then, that was probably better than a lot of players were eating! Now we are competing with teams who have nutritionists and dietitians. I wouldn't say many are eating pre-game fry ups.  

I think that we may see a few more teams play 3-5-2 against us now. We really struggled yesterday and at home to Sheffield United. Mowbray in both games was constantly changing formations but still could not get to grips with the oppositions system and in both games we were comfortably beaten.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17439405.blackburn-rovers-0-middlesbrough-1-tony-pulis-reaction/

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I think that we may see a few more teams play 3-5-2 against us now. We really struggled yesterday and at home to Sheffield United. Mowbray in both games was constantly changing formations but still could not get to grips with the oppositions system and in both games we were comfortably beaten.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17439405.blackburn-rovers-0-middlesbrough-1-tony-pulis-reaction/

Indeed. It completely nullified us Saturday. Pulis gave tomo a schooling 

6 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Even so thats an outlay of £5 million plus wages. For a club who has been penalised for financial problems not peanuts

Income from promotion has just gone back up 5 or 6 million guaranteed so balances that outlay somewhat.

And for billionaires your right it's not peanuts it's a grain of sand.

12 hours ago, DaveyB said:

He said it’s not really a full English, just sausage and beans and a bit of toast. 

I seem to remember a former Rovers player saying he had chicken and beans before a game, which isn’t too dissimilar, and I think he did ok

I'm no dietitian but sausages and chicken are the total opposite. Sausages are full of fat and red meat offal, chicken is very lean, has lots of protein and minerals.

Beans aren't the problem in any case.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

To me, the Brereton signing spoke volumes.

If it was Mowbray's decision then I think it's proving to be a horrendous decision as evidenced by the gaping holes all over our team whilst Brereton spends most of the time sat on the bench and when he does get on the field of play, he looks, IMO, no better than a free transfer 'chance'.

If it wasn't Mowbray's decision to sign Brereton then, IMO, he is not the purported man of principle;  he simply should have walked and said he was not prepared to put up with any interference in team affairs. 

Principles don’t pay bills though. 

14 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I appreciate the delicacies of Indian rices but must say that chips with many Indian dishes is a joy.

Problem out here is they can't cook a decent chip.

I love curry with chips, especially when it’s a Fareeds karai. 

12 hours ago, DaveyB said:

He said it’s not really a full English, just sausage and beans and a bit of toast. 

I seem to remember a former Rovers player saying he had chicken and beans before a game, which isn’t too dissimilar, and I think he did ok

Leavers still sell those chicken and beans pies on match day by the way. 

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Back then, that was probably better than a lot of players were eating! Now we are competing with teams who have nutritionists and dietitians. I wouldn't say many are eating pre-game fry ups.  

Didn't Usain Bolt eat 100 chicken nuggets a day at the 2008 Olympics, including a 20 box before the final? I do think it's a bit of an OTT reaction myself. Albeit sounding slightly unprofessional, Dack's diet is the least of our concerns right now. If he ate clean he might lose that arse of his and be shrugged off it with ease ?

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Didn't Usain Bolt eat 100 chicken nuggets a day at the 2008 Olympics, including a 20 box before the final? I do think it's a bit of an OTT reaction myself. Albeit sounding slightly unprofessional, Dack's diet is the least of our concerns right now. If he ate clean he might lose that arse of his and be shrugged off it with ease ?

I think it is safe to say that Usain Bolt was in better physical condition than Dack 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it is safe to say that Usain Bolt was in better physical condition than Dack 

Different kinds of fitness. Bolt couldn't cover 10km in a 90 minute sport just as you wouldn't expect Dack to do 100m in sub 10 seconds.

Take it from those who go and watch every week and the sport scientists Rovers employ, his fitness is fine and he puts in more than his fair shift. If he wasn't then I'd be first on his case.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Different kinds of fitness. Bolt couldn't cover 10km in a 90 minute sport just as you wouldn't expect Dack to do 100m in sub 10 seconds.

Take it from those who go and watch every week and the sport scientists Rovers employ, his fitness is fine and he puts in more than his fair shift. If he wasn't then I'd be first on his case.

Ya, but imagine how good he would be if he wan't wolfing down mayo and have pre-game fry ups!

Better late than never. Always harder to get motivated in the middle of a bad run. Not much to get excited about in this match, only positive would be the desire in the 2nd half to try and salvage anything.  However, we got out played and continued our shitty run! Thoughts form the gaffa, the fans and more. On to Brum next!