BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

7 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

My replacement for Dack... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ianis_Hagi

I watched him play last night against England and his stock has probably gone up fivefold. 

I wonder if Rovers have anybody out in Italy watching the European under 21 finals though. From what I have seen there is some real talent.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Who knows. If we're lucky he might come back from his next visit t'Spar with some Rizlas, a Warby's toastie, a pint of full fat and a centre back from the marked down bit under the pies and pasties.

Now your just being ridiculous

there is no way Tony goes for all that and walks past the lemon drizzles

Edited by Oldgregg86

7 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Downing, O’Neill, Morrison, Hanley and Gallagher doesn’t inspire me and I can’t imagine it inspires many. But worry that’s what we’re going to get.

That doesn't inspire me either but it's got to the point were I'd be relieved if he manages to pull them of

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

So who might this be?

20190622_075138.jpg

I’ll try a complete guess. No evidence. Adam Clayton based on pick an idea and find facts to justify it.

1)defensive midfielder age 30 has experience. 

2) has beard

3)is northern and from Manchester.

4) plays for Middlesbrough 

5) boro are trying to reduce the age of their squad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

My replacement for Dack... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ianis_Hagi

He looked good against England.

that Romanian team had a lot of quality. One of the best youth teams I've seen in a long time. Anyway there was a lad came on for France against England and he looked awesome. It was non other than Lilian thurams son. He plays as a forward. Looks one for the future . Sadly I can't see master haghi or alike coming to rovers. Scouts and top teams will be aware of these lads from primary school. Wouldn't surprise me if they have a promising genetics/DNA database for everytime a half decent player has a baby

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Don't know how true this is but I can't see it myself. Firstly if he's so promising then why would Norwich let him leave for free. He is leaving for first team football something tony definitely would not offer 19 year old keeper. Can't see this having legs

7 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Downing, O’Neill, Morrison, Hanley and Gallagher doesn’t inspire me and I can’t imagine it inspires many. But worry that’s what we’re going to get.

What do you actually expect, decent names there, you do realise we aren’t in the premier league, still living in 1995 ?things have changed, we have to build the team again and hope to get back amongst the big boys, and then, we can get the bigger names in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

I’ll try a complete guess. No evidence. Adam Clayton based on pick an idea and find facts to justify it.

1)defensive midfielder age 30 has experience. 

2) has beard

3)is northern and from Manchester.

4) plays for Middlesbrough 

5) boro are trying to reduce the age of their squad.

He only played 14 games last season, was that due to injury?

Did Mowbray ever have a position at Southend ???

Seems to me the only 'thinking outside the box' really good player he's ever actually sourced and bought comes from a club he's had nothing to do with !

We've not had one from Celtic yet I suppose ....

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He looked good against England.

that Romanian team had a lot of quality. One of the best youth teams I've seen in a long time. Anyway there was a lad came on for France against England and he looked awesome. It was non other than Lilian thurams son. He plays as a forward. Looks one for the future . Sadly I can't see master haghi or alike coming to rovers. Scouts and top teams will be aware of these lads from primary school. Wouldn't surprise me if they have a promising genetics/DNA database for everytime a half decent player has a baby

The Romanian keeper looked different class

• Like 1

As it stands..

Graham,  Dack,  Armstrong,  Rothwell,  Downing,  Chapman,  possibly another..

Other clubs fans might look at that and think we should be a handy side in attack next season.  Sort that defence and loan out Samuel in favour of someone who offers a bit more.

Just now, tomphil said:

As it stands..

Graham,  Dack,  Armstrong,  Rothwell,  Downing,  Chapman,  possibly another..

Other clubs fans might look at that and think we should be a handy side in attack next season.  Sort that defence and loan out Samuel in favour of someone who offers a bit more.

I'd look at that  and say that if we were to lose Dack we'd have next to nothing as Graham and Downing are past it, Samuel isn't good enough, Armstrong is very inconsistent and Chapman and Rothwell can barely get a start.

If we were to sign a new main striker who came off or if Brereton was given a proper chance down the middle and clicked and Rothwell and Chapman became mainstays and Dack stayed and Armstrong became more consistent I'd agree. 

Lot of it's buts and maybe's  there though.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd look at that  and say that if we were to lose Dack we'd have next to nothing as Graham and Downing are past it, Samuel isn't good enough, Armstrong is very inconsistent and Chapman and Rothwell can barely get a start.

If we were to sign a new main striker who came off or if Brereton was given a proper chance down the middle and clicked and Rothwell and Chapman became mainstays and Dack stayed and Armstrong became more consistent I'd agree. 

Graham past it??? Yeah he looked it last season when he collected the player of the year trophy! 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Mercer said:

A staggering statement from you!

Just checked the date and it's not April 1st.

Come on, suspicions seem soon to be realised.  Mowbray's LT article says it all.  Think our budget for player trading is almost zilch.

Perfect!

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Like I said as it stands, just saw a William Hill tweet listing those forwards and saying it's shaping up nicely so thought i'd look at it from a neutral perspective.

The biggest IF and BUTs for me are in regards to the manager and how he uses them because more likely we'll end starting every game with DG & Dack behind him again, Downing in the middle or somewhere else and Samuel coming on in front of Rothwell.

We shouldn't have those kind of concerns when we have a decent forward line imo.

• Like 1

• Backroom

With Chapman's injury record I don't think we can rely on him to be a consistent starter for the entire season. If we get 20 games out of him then that'll be a good haul considering his recent history. 

Graham has been great for us, but he has to start declining at some point. At 33 his form could crash just as quickly as Mulgrew's did last season. Armstrong and Rothwell both have potential but it's yet to be proven that either of them can be a consistent threat. Downing has just been released from a club that couldn't even get into the playoffs so I'm not expecting much from him, especially at his age. Brereton looks far from ready to contribute regularly. Samuel is a League 1 player.

Dack is the jewel in the crown for sure, but he has his own problems with consistency (exacerbated, imo, by Mowbray's sludgy style of play). That said if he left there would be a huge gap to fill in terms of goals and assists.

I don't see enough in our team right now to challenge for the playoffs, particularly taking Mowbray's abilities as a manager into account. We've got enough to finish mid table again, but I don't expect any more than that without some serious improvements.

• Like 1