1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Fair enough, I'll just have to start seriously doubting your postings if you're happy to adopt the techniques of a known charlatan. We'll leave it there then.

I use it half-jokingly. I think it's hillarious. I know Trump is a bufoon 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burnley

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything specia

Posted Images

Just now, Biz said:

Well tbh there’s not much else 

Saw a random on twitter saying we’d agreed to sign Bradley Johnson from Derby if that cheers you up?

4EE3D097-810C-4542-B97A-AA8F07C691C1.jpeg

Well if Carl Sagan says it, it must be true! 

Hopefully it is 

The latest rumour is a bit of a bombshell to me. My hunch was that the Indians had cut Mowbrays budget hence the distinct lack of movement and that we were apparently outbid for two players. This bolt from the blue has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons but Mowbrays admission that he had to persuade the owners not to spend adds a touch of credence to the story. If it's true then Mowbray isn't the right man to take us up and we should prepare ourselves for the low light oven rather than the microwave we were expecting. But then again why would he target a top six finish and not spend big?

I'm confused but come the end of the window all will be revealed.

Taking the requisite amount of salt - the Butterworth link is very interesting too. Very talented in his spell at Hudds, seems to have dropped off when he should've been coming into his prime. Wouldn't be against it, but a strange one. 

Johnson is a grade A sh*thouse on the pitch. Which is ideal. I'd be absolutely in favour of this on a free, Johnson and Travis would be a pair with serious bite and still try to get the ball forward quickly. 

I don’t think Venky’s are saying go and splash ridiculous amounts of money but more like you have an agreed budget (just like last summer) and you had a plan to spend it which didn’t work out and we were left scrabbling around on deadline day so they want to avoid that by getting business done asap, whereas Mowbray/Waggott seems to want to wait in the hope that as deadline day approaches the market becomes more realistic and we get some value for money. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Nixon now reporting Johnson.

He’s just been logged in, I take it?

Hes always logged in...

Johnson and Travis would be a good pairing. Doesn’t change the fact we should be bringing two defenders in before anything else and with Derby just losing there manager I can’t see any deal for Johnson happening anytime soon. We’ll see.

Are we afraid of signing players from other continents? At least the ones who dont need to worry about work permits. Because bloody hell, its just Irish, Scottish, and Boro Players we linked with or signing 

3 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

I don’t think Venky’s are saying go and splash ridiculous amounts of money but more like you have an agreed budget (just like last summer) and you had a plan to spend it which didn’t work out and we were left scrabbling around on deadline day so they want to avoid that by getting business done asap, whereas Mowbray/Waggott seems to want to wait in the hope that as deadline day approaches the market becomes more realistic and we get some value for money. 

More like he's waiting till deadline day to claim 'oh we tried to get these players but it didn't quite work out' so he can stick to his favourite, incompetent lapdog players

Just now, roverandout said:

More like he's waiting till deadline day to claim 'oh we tried to get these players but it didn't quite work out' so he can stick to his favourite, incompetent lapdog players

Ya, that's definitely it. 

• Mike E unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Mike E pinned this topic
  • Mike E featured this topic
  • Mike E unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E locked this topic