BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We wouldn't get very far in this division with 2 fancy dans in the engine room. I am sure he can pass it well enough to get it to the front 5. 

We don't have any. Which is why Dack has so many games where he is invisible or has to drop too deep because we don't have anyone in midfield capable of getting on the ball and linking up with him. All the top teams last season had central midfielders that contributed goals and/or assists. Of our 3 regular central midfielders last year Evans and Smallwood didn't score and Travis had one goal. Those 3 also managed just 1 assist between them all season, the same amount as Raya. We did have Reed in midfield who was capable of scoring and creating but he spent most his out wide so that we could play two defensive minded 'holding midfielders'.

• Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

Johnson would be a great signing.

I hope the interest is genuine and not just agents drumming up stories for a new Derby contract.

I imagine that's exactly what it is.

Just waiting for the Telegraph 

'It is understood that Derby midfielder Bradley Johnson is not one of the names on Mowbray's list despite national media reporting a move to Rovers was on the cards. Mowbray is an admirer but there havent been any talks and his wages could be an issue'

Might have to wait for Rich Sharpe to get back from his holidays.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

Just now, davulsukur said:

Johnson would be a great signing.

I hope the interest is genuine and not just agents drumming up stories for a new Derby contract.

Interest seems legit from the Derby forum. Also mentions Jacob Butterfield. 

image.thumb.png.f990ffe1964565018dff69c5f48181f9.png

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Just waiting for the Telegraph 

'It is understood that Derby midfielder Bradley Johnson is not one of the names on Mowbray's list despite national media reporting a move to Rovers was on the cards. Mowbray is an admirer but there havent been any talks and his wages could be an issue'

Might have to wait for Rich Sharpe to get back from his holidays.

Well....

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17749866.rovers-linked-derby-midfielder-bradley-johnson/

Basically sounds like the LT are just regurgitating it for now, even quoting the Derby paper. Journo Adam Lord. Seems the denial or confirmation will have to wait as it sounds like it's new info to the LT.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, tomphil said:

When are Rovers going to be linked with some good ####### defenders ?

Is it the Bermuda triangle at Ewood or what ?  Nobody mention it or go there.

What makes you think the winger we got and the central midfielder we are linked with aren't the defenders? ?

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

What makes you think the winger we got and the central midfielder we are linked with aren't the defenders? ?

Yeah wouldn't surprise it appears he might be thinking packing the midfield with old heads and altering the style of play is going to solve all the defensive problems !

So just two cast offs from teams we should be competing with. 

What an absolute disaster of a recruitment policy. Tonys jacket is on a shoogily peg. 

I would be chapping on Mowbrays door if I was Lenihan and Dack.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

What an absolute disaster of a recruitment policy. Tonys jacket is on a shoogily peg. 

Cast offs? Johnson is under contract with Derby until next summer and the article says they were in negotiations to extend that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I don't see the problem with Johnson at all. Another player that can help somebody like Travis, Davenport and Buckley. Another player that might have an idea about game management. We looked so naive at times last season and the likes of Johnson and Downing might just add another intelligent dimension to our play. 

• Like 1

If Johnson has been left at home then it would make sense that he's had a conversation where its been agreed that he should find another club. I don't doubt the Derby fan saying he's travelled up here but I recon it will be purely for talks, I wouldn't expect he'd just travel here and immediately sign, signings aren't that simple. Plus, his agent will be shopping him around to get the best deal possible. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Yeah wouldn't surprise it appears he might be thinking packing the midfield with old heads and altering the style of play is going to solve all the defensive problems !

He virtually said as much in that interview lately (an interview which seriously dampened my expectations). He was saying defence isn't a higher priority than other areas and the reasons being our upturn in form near the end and the new system we are looking to implement meaning the defence doesn't come under as much pressure.

Suicide.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

@JHRover

Reports Brentford are offering £3 million for Raya and we are holding out for £4 million. Pretty much exactly as I predicted 

We might be holding out for that but we won't get it. 3 million maximum but probably less than that.

Brentford don't pay 4 million for a Championship goalkeeper.

Just been posted on Rovers website, Tony Mowbray says nothing is imminent, he has also said again that he thinks/hopes prices will come down closer to deadline.

Nothing imminent, probably means nowt will happen for another week at least imo.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1

Johnson interest could suggest Brandon O’Neill is a no go if we were ANY other club. But because we’re us, and he’s a midfielder, you just never know.

Setting up to play 3-6-1 with a midfield six of Travis, Evans, Smallwood, O’Neill, Johnson and Davenport ?

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Just been posted on Rovers website, Tony Mowbray says nothing is imminent, he has also said again that he thinks/hopes prices will come down closer to deadline.

Nothing imminent, probably means nowt will happen for another week at least imo.

Nice one, great way to get off to a good start to the season, sign everyone after it's started.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Our only successful summer window was one where we did business unusually early. Granted we were the big fish in a lower division, but even so, to spend £750k on Dack in mid-June means we had a budget and plans in place well ahead of time. Seems it's now all back to normal, making no significant signings until the window is practically shut.

The obvious drawback to waiting late and hoping for "better market value" (how's that working out with BB by the way?) is that the player will not have a pre-season with his team mates and be expected to hit the ground running. Should they fail to do so they get stuck behind the favourites until we hit a particularly bad run of form and get thrown in out of desperation. That's basically how Rothwell got his shot last season despite calls for him to play much, much earlier.