BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

2 days from the first pre season game and one oap signing for free

Yea I’ll be gutted if Barrow take points off us.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 2

I don't think I'm exaggerating as I genuinely cannot think of a better example... but Bradley Johnsons performance at Ewood for Norwich (in a 2-1 defeat) 4 seasons ago was the most impressive individual performance from a player I have seen in the Championship at Ewood. Not just for the 20 yard rocket to win it.

(Of course we have seen better players - Zaha etc)

Clearly Johnson isn't the same age or even capable of the same performances, but unlike Glen Whelan or Charlie Adam, I think he would be an outstanding signing for a 32 year old on a 2 year deal. 

Johnson and Travis would actually allow for an attacking trio ahead of them in (Dack, Rothwell and Armstrong/Chapman) - the complete opposite of what we could do with Smallwood and Evans.

... of course it probably won't happen.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

I don't think I'm exaggerating as I genuinely cannot think of a better example... but Bradley Johnsons performance at Ewood for Norwich (in a 2-1 defeat) 4 seasons ago was the most impressive individual performance from a player I have seen in the Championship at Ewood. Not just for the 20 yard rocket to win it.

Clearly Johnson isn't the same age or even capable of the same performances, but unlike Glen Whelan or Charlie Adam, I think he would be an outstanding signing for a 32 year old on a 2 year deal. 

Johnson and Travis would actually allow for an attacking trio ahead of them in (Dack, Rothwell and Armstrong/Chapman) - the complete opposite of what we could do with Smallwood and Evans.

Johnson is a work horse like Smallwood and Evans but the big difference is, he’s good technically and actually scores goals. We haven’t had a goal scoring centre mid since Cairney and he is the only one we’ve had for years and years. Johnson on a 2 year deal is a no brainer if it can be done. EDIT: Just seen he scored no goals last season but yeah, still a no brainer! ?

Edited by Butty

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I don't see the problem with Johnson at all. Another player that can help somebody like Travis, Davenport and Buckley. Another player that might have an idea about game management. We looked so naive at times last season and the likes of Johnson and Downing might just add another intelligent dimension to our play. 

It’s not helping the youngsters if he keeps them from getting game time. 

• Like 1

Mowbrays quotes have a sad predictability to them.

I'm not swallowing him bemoaning having to work on a budget, so does everyone and other teams around us with presumably similar budgets (to be honest ours is supposed to be similar to the healthy budget we had last year so maybe lesser budgets) such as Preston, Brentford, Swansea, QPR and Stoke have all improved their defences for cheap/free by signing players who would have also improved us.

I am still far from convinced that making him wait until well after the season finishes (baring in mind we were 100% sure of our division for this season well in advance) before he has the foggiest regarding his budget isnt a massive hindrance.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

At this time it’s all about adding quality. Is Bradley Johnson better than anything else we’ve got? Imo, yes! 

Johnson would be a decent addition, adding some experience in the middle, but Butterfield certainly wouldnt be an improvement, crap player who ended the season on Bradfords bench.

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Lovely, that was four years ago.

I saw him less than 4months ago at Ewood chasing shadows and getting played off the park.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Johnson would be a decent addition, adding some experience in the middle, but Butterfield certainly wouldnt be an improvement, crap player who ended the season on Bradfords bench.

Don’t read too much into that. Butterfield is a class act. Needs a fresh start, regain fitness and a bit of love. Has that killer pass off both feet. Get him playing and you’ve got a really good player imo.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Lovely, that was four years ago.

I saw him less than 4months ago at Ewood chasing shadows and getting played off the park.

Hmmm, yes, he was very poor that night, and looked like his best days were behind him. Although the majority of Derby fans seem like they would prefer to keep him, although that may be, because half of there first team from last season, have left, due to them all being on loan.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Don’t read too much into that. Butterfield is a class act. Needs a fresh start, regain fitness and a bit of love. Has that killer pass off both feet. Get him playing and you’ve got a really good player imo.

Also, he used to play for Boro, signed by, you guessed it, Tony Mowbray, so he's perfect. Fit's the bill, for TM, ex player of his and also played for Boro.

Edited by AAK

This Johnson one I'm not keen on. Seemed like a decent player at Norwich but for the most part has been trash at Derby. I think people are just choosing to look at his peak thinking he still has that ability but I think its long gone. 

I'd be looking at Bielik from Arsenal. Can play centre half and holding mid, big lad, years in front of him but already has plenty of experience. Might be bigger clubs interested though. 

• Like 6

Just now, Neal said:

I'd be looking at Bielik from Arsenal. Can play centre half and holding mid, big lad, years in front of him but already has plenty of experience. Might be bigger clubs interested though. 

Now that’s a good shout.

Also, I'd have a look at Koziello at Koln. Moved from Nice where he was thought of highly but its definatley not worked out at Koln. His stock has fallen but at 23 there is definately a player in there if we can get him back to his early promise. Loan to buy would be a good shout. 

Edited by Neal

Just now, Neal said:

Good shout but I think it will be something like, juninho and ravenelli

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

This Johnson one I'm not keen on. Seemed like a decent player at Norwich but for the most part has been trash at Derby. I think people are just choosing to look at his peak thinking he still has that ability but I think its long gone. 

34 appearances and 3rd highest rating last season...?

33329D28-3EE2-46CC-82D7-9018C5DDB8C0.jpeg

• Moderation Lead
Just now, kokkini said:

Football Manager warriors out in force again ?

Thanks for your input. 

Any comment on these players we are rumoured to be signing? Or are you just going to criticise those that have?

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Gee I wonder why Derby are getting rid of their third best player??

Not sure, seems as if he was getting an extension until Lampard left? Maybe the new manager has others in mind?