BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom

I'll say the same thing as last season. Isn't it refreshing to not know about signings until a day or two beforehand instead of weeks of sagas?

• Like 5

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Nice to see Johnson coming in but really don't see the sense in letting Raya go.

Presumably to raise the funds needed to bring in Johnson and Downing.

Expect to see a freebie or loan keeper come in and then the cash we get for Raya will cover our summer spending.

Just now, Mike E said:

I'll say the same thing as last season. Isn't it refreshing to not know about signings until a day or two beforehand instead of weeks of sagas?

100% agree. Kept under wraps until the very last minute.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Talk about ups and downs - happy with Johnson but a little miffed at Raya leaving the building. Are we to assume that Raya is getting most of the blame for our poor defence last season? Schmeical would have struggled with that back four in front of him (bar Lenihan).

Maybe Raya also pushing for a move now? 

He was part of the problem last season and yes not entirely all his fault 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

That's because of the entertainment value they get from watching these threads every summer ?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Presumably to raise the funds needed to bring in Johnson and Downing.

Expect to see a freebie or loan keeper come in and then the cash we get for Raya will cover our summer spending.

We have the same to send as last summer, so really not sure why you keep saying this! You used to be a pretty rational poster. Now it seems you just ignore reality to trot out irrational lines like this repeatedly. Like I mean last summer it was the same stuff about us having no money to spend over and over again. All of which proved unfounded. 

• Like 1

The Raya thing depends on who we bring in to replace him. A Carson/Forster/Ruddy-type then I think it's okay. Raya will be a top keeper in future but he's a long term project and one clearly Tony isn't up for. 

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Johnson seems like a bit of a character. We needed more metal on the field badly so I am pretty happy with this signing. Great reviews from Derby fans too. 

I can only assume we have signed him instead of Rodwell. I wonder is that deal now off the table? 

I wouldn't be bothering with Rodwell anymore to be honest. 

Johnson, Travis, Davenport and Evans in for CM.

Smallwood out the door.

No need for Rodwell, definitely not for Centre Back either.

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I think Tony's got a keeper up his sleeve....Carson for me

Just needs someone with a bit bigger with more presence and confidence than Raya if he's off.  Be hard to replace his reflexes but someone who is steadier will atone for that.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Waggott said we have the same budget as last summer. I doubt very much he is openly lying. If ye want to think that, fair enough. I'm not going to change your minds. 

I don’t think anything at this stage.

We spent net £10milliion + last summer.

So far this summer we’ve brought in two frees and about to sell our keeper for 3.

So that’s a net spend of minus 3 million. So if we are now going to spend £13 million in a month... cracking!

Pleased with Johnson - always played well against us and has a dirty streak which we’ve missed big time. Knows when to slow the game down too.

Disappointed about Raya - just don’t understand it. Get a Carson or someone in to compete with him, not to replace him. 

Time to get some 20 somethings in now though with Downing and Johnson on board.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Just needs someone with a bit bigger with more presence and confidence than Raya if he's off.  Be hard to replace his reflexes but someone who is steadier will atone for that.

Jamal Blackman it is then, 6 foot 6

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think anything at this stage.

We spent net £10milliion + last summer.

So far this summer we’ve brought in two frees and about to sell our keeper for 3.

So that’s a net spend of minus 3 million. So if we are now going to spend £13 million in a month... cracking!

The good times are back man :)

• Like 1

There has been something brewing with Raya for a while now. Was massively unhappy at the public slating he recieved from Mowbray. For me yes potential to be a top class keeper but way too many mistakes and a bit of a i am the bigun attitude. Will only let himself down as he has all the potential. 

• Like 1