BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Miller11 said:

My reactions would be something like this...

Mulgrew, Williams, Bell, Evans, Armstrong, Brereton, Chapman, Wharton, Samuel, Nuttall, Davenport, Hart - indifference.

Lenihan, Dack - Grudging acceptance

Bennett, Smallwood - relief

Rothwell, Magloire, Buckley, Butterworth - annoyance

Nyambe, Travis, Graham - Fury

Mostly agree but ;

Armstrong--would like to see him  up-front, in the middle with Graham in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 before writing him off. Playing out of position.

Davenport---came to us with some sort of reputation but we hardly saw him because of injury. Have to hope he's fully recovered and can play at his best----not on the wing though.

Chapman--was almost  our most exciting player when on-loan but never picked after we signed him! Curious. Like to see him on the left wing.

Otherwise agree.

So it's confirmed that Jacob Butterfield is training with the club. 

Something is going to have to give pretty soon with regards outgoings in midfield... 

I think it's a good call by Mowbray to get these lads in and have a look. For one thing, at a minimum it will give a kick up the arse to those here already and let them no their places are under threat. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So it's confirmed that Jacob Butterfield is training with the club. 

Something is going to have to give pretty soon with regards outgoings in midfield... 

I think it's a good call by Mowbray to get these lads in and have a look. For one thing, at a minimum it will give a kick up the arse to those here already and let them no their places are under threat. 

Can only assume Smallwood (Yay) and another midfielder are being sold. Here's hoping it's not Travis or Buckley. Would send me through the roof.

13 minutes ago, m1st said:

No disrespect to Scottish football; but there's a history of Scottish players, especially forwards, who, in my memory of watching the game, have looked good north of the the border only to disappoint the English clubs who buy them on the strength of their performance in the Scottish leagues.

E.g. Ally McCoist. And in more recent times, will the real David Goodwillie please stand up?!' I'm not saying, "Don't buy Brophy." What I am saying is "Caveat emptor."

David Marshall, Andy Robertson, John McGinn, Ryan Fraser, Callum Paterson, Stuart Armstrong and now Kenny McClean all of whom over the last year or so have come from Scotland and played premier league and stood out bar the exception of McClean who’s just go to promoted.

Forwards wise when Rhodes can’t even get in the NT nor Fletcher these days ahead of Broohy you do worry

Just now, Miller11 said:

Because I think if they do leave it will be to Premier League clubs for big money. Obviously I don’t want to see them go as they are our best players, but we are where we are and we wouldn’t be able to stand in their way.

Except, as you know, it isn't like the old days. The large transfer fees could just ..er..vanish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Smallwood has league one options and there Looks to be another slightly unexpected departure. Few might be as miffed as raya with that one. 

Sounds ominous. I'll be very unhappy if we lose any of: Dack, Travis, Lenihan, Nyambe, Rothwell, Graham or Armstrong.

From the way you've phrased it I'm thinking you mean Nyambe, but could be Arma or Rothwell. I can't see anyone else splitting opinion in the way you imply - we'd either pretty much all be furious (though I imagine we would be for Rothwell too, mostly) or mostly happy. The way Nyambe was frozen out makes me think TM doesn't really rate him.

This all assuming it's none of the fringe youth players.

Regardless...please fill us in on who you've heard it is. 

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

OK, now the line on twitter is Evans to Rangers. Which would make sense. 

Anyway, it's all guesswork I would say 

Swap for Grezda I’d hope!

Rangers affording 20k per week for a non first teamer though 

OK, now the line on twitter is Evans to Rangers. Which would make sense. 

Anyway, it's all guesswork I would say 

I'm not seeing any of this on twitter....

Would make sense with us agreeing a friendly with Rangers as a potential clause.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
Additional wording
  • Like 1

Just seen a very badly written article saying Newcastle and possibly ourselves want Dann. And that the asking price is 6 million. Bloke is 32, we shouldn't entertain paying even half of that. Sounds like a non-starter or just some shit Nixon made up.

• Like 3

Bring in adam and Butterfield ..sell Smallwood and Evans and loan out buckley for a year   and that should be our midfield sorted 

Ruddy, foster or Carson for GK 

Jake cooper and Hanley to come in as CB 

Would be my dream window with assombalonga thrown in for good measure 

• Like 3

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Bring in adam and Butterfield ..sell Smallwood and Evans and loan out buckley for a year   and that should be our midfield sorted 

Ruddy, foster or Carson for GK 

Jake cooper and Hanley to come in as CB 

Would be my dream window with assombalonga thrown in for good measure 

I'd prefer to develop Buckley in the first team. His short cameos showed he offers more than Evans and Smallwood currently.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

I'd prefer to develop Buckley in the first team. His short cameos showed he offers more than Evans and Smallwood currently.

Ya but will he get game time if we have Johnson, Adam, Davenport, Travis and Butterfield as the midfield options? I can't see it. Loan be best for him this season. 

I think it's a bit much to say Buckley offers more based on two 10/15 minute appearances. Looked very lightweight for me. A season on loan in League One would help him no end. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him starting games for us this season

• Like 3

Ya but will he get game time if we have Johnson, Adam, Davenport, Travis and Butterfield as the midfield options? I can't see it. Loan be best for him this season. 

Imo Charlie Adam being signed is just a development blocker for someone like Buckley who could surpass him during the season.

So somebody could leave that will leave us AS miffed as Raya? So that means it wont be anyone that woud leave us MORE miffed such as Travis, Lenihan, Dack, Graham?

It could also mean it wont be somebody that would leave us LESS miffed such as an Evan, Smallwood, Bennett, Mulgrew.

Someone in the middle then...I reckon maybe Nyambe. Hope not though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

And we have a history all of our own in the Scottish striker department....Joey Craig-I remember we actually chanted his name with irony-Stokes and the ironically named Goodwillie....so emptor well and truly warned!

You are being unfair Lenny. Andy Kennedy was distinctly average for us.

• Like 1

Imo Charlie Adam being signed is just a development blocker for someone like Buckley who could surpass him during the season.

I think Adam would be the better option now and Buckley off on loan for a season to league 1. 

Do you think Buckley could be a starter next season? Not so sure from what I have seen. I don't think he looks as robust as Travis.