BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Stuart said:

The statement in bold is what many call “moaning” or even “negative”.

As for waiting until after the Charlton game to pass comment, really? Shut the forum down and just read the LT!

The irony is that in the post-Dack/Travis, home defeat there would still be people saying “stop being negative”. (The swear filter could replace “negative” with “concerned” and there might even be better understanding). Right now I’m concerned about there being no keeper and a makeshift defence despite weeks of talk!

Ultimately, forums are about venting, passion, hyperbole - we are all fans or we wouldn’t be here. People just need to leave out the personal digs and enjoy the ride.

I think we might need to replace the words moaning, negative, positive and happy clapper as I can never remember people being so polarised. 

Be critical or even slightly critical (in some cases) an opinion- negative. 

Praise things about the club- positive. 

Or it’s just people voicing their opinions on an Internet forum. 

The last thing we want is people not coming on here because they know that as soon as they post, their opinions will be jumped on and labelled as one of the above. Take them for what they are, opinions, which each individual has. 

I’m surprised we all need to have this conversation again, I’m feeling like there’s an echo in here....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

Just now, K-Hod said:

The last thing we want is people not coming on here because they know that as soon as they post, their opinions will be jumped on and labelled as one of the above.

You mean like a sarcastic “what a surprise” if they like a shirt many do not? ;) 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Biz said:

You mean like a sarcastic “what a surprise” if they like a shirt many do not? ;) 

Is the winking emoji still a thing? I thought that was for Jay from Inbetweeners as it’s ‘cheeky’. 

For real though, that was via WhatsApp and not on here. 

Must try harder ✌️

Just now, Tormund said:

Don’t bloody need two goalies, get a number one in and two defenders.

But if you can't or won't get quality then quantity seems the way forwards, rotate and hope.....

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I’ve never known the board like this.

Its just very strange that people can’t seem to see the difference between being ‘negative’ on Ewood Park, I HATE that, we can really help get them over the line, and being ‘negative’, I.e criticising club policy, transfers, manager etc on an Internet forum.

One is counter productive and not what a fan should be about, the other, isn’t that what a forum is all about?

It's never been any different really it's just that there are more moaners about perceived moaners these days.

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

Is the winking emoji still a thing? I thought that was for Jay from Inbetweeners as it’s ‘cheeky’. 

For real though, that was via WhatsApp and not on here. 

Must try harder ✌️

It’s a great example though lad, opinions aren’t meant to be all the same, that would be boring.

• Backroom
Just now, FGS5635 said:

Everyone is a different character and has their own opinion. However i think in general, forums have a larger collection of glass half empty types than the average of a fan base

Forums tend to be where the more hardcore fans end up, rather than casual fans. I don't think it's so much "glass half empty types" as fans who are by and large looking at the finer details and long-term outlook as opposed to taking things as they come and not getting overly invested in what is happening outside of match day, as the more casual fans tend to do. I imagine the people on here know far more about what happened with Jerome Anderson, SEM, Shebby Singh, our cash flow issues from 15/16, etc than the vast majority of those who attend Ewood and likely don't know or care about any of that. It's inevitable that as a result many of the opinions and perspectives on here will skewer significantly towards the more pessimistic/cautious side of the fence. 

• Like 6

I think people use a forum to vent. When the wife and kids dont listen and dont care what you gunna do :). It can get annoying at times, but without different types there would be no discussion. If everyone was happy there would be one post a day saying we are awesome and everyone would just like it and log off

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

It's never been any different really it's just that there are more moaners about perceived moaners these days.

Seems to be a new thing since 2018. Entitled millennials who think the world is all about shouting down people who don’t agree with you on the social media: “you can’t say that!”. #blacklivesmatter #metoo #genderfluid #lovethenewkitnotseenityet

• Like 3

10 years ago forums were pretty much the only place for chat about our club. 

Now with the LT comments, Facebook groups etc, which are definitely more ‘positive’ than here, this place does stick out as ‘negative’ (realist?).

I think this definitely is part of why you see more ‘soo negative in here’, ‘get behind them’ posts as that is what people see elsewhere.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Seems to be a new thing since 2018. Entitled millennials who think the world is all about shouting down people who don’t agree with you on the social media: “you can’t say that!”. #blacklivesmatter #metoo #genderfluid #lovethenewkitnotseenityet

It's always been there, just more prominent than ever nowadays due to the vast outreach of social media. Back in the 2000s there was no Twitter or Instagram for everybody to vent their opinions. At best you had the early incarnation of Facebook and MySpace which were effectively closed communities, much like forums. Increased connectivity and visibility of the general public just shows how little people are interested in debate, they are mainly just concerned with proving themselves right. I think it's always been like that though. 

Anyway, that's going way off topic so... experienced GK and CB ASAP please Tony. 

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Don't get me started on all that complete bollocks ?

You've touched on something there though there definitely is an element of crossover from social media style v long term old school forum style posters resulting in a few regular clashes.  There's an arrogance and faux offence that can be got away with on other platforms that can't be on these type of forums.

Can’t believe the gk situation is dragging into next week, I know mowbray is tearing his hair out at the length is taking to get deals done, not been an easy window by any stretch. Can’t give the keeper name but it was my understanding it was all but tied up Wednesday. Haven’t been given a reason for delay 

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

I assume you are well over 40 years of age then.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can’t believe the gk situation is dragging into next week, I know mowbray is tearing his hair out at the length is taking to get deals done, not been an easy window by any stretch. Can’t give the keeper name but it was my understanding it was all but tied up Wednesday. Haven’t been given a reason for delay 

No name?

Ok,

Does he play in the Championship?

Premier league perhaps?

Can you tell us the first letter of the club he plays for?

Is he between the age of 18 to 26 or 27 and above?

Has he ever represented his country?

What nationality is he?

Does he like Lemon Drizzle Cake?

• Like 4

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I assume you are well over 40 years of age then.

Surely the ability to debate shouldn’t be age specific?

Social media has created echo chambers where you largely ‘follow’ people with the same views as you .

Apart from being Rovers fans, this place is a free for all when it comes to views, ergo some people seem to struggle to accept ‘negativity’, or ‘positivity’ for that matter, as it differs from their own viewpoint.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Raya wasn’t the problem he didn’t drop us that much points and the stats show he prevented a lot of goals,

two week to get a keeper in and hope he clicks with the team is ridiculous.

makes you wonder what Mowbray was doing for the last 4 months when most managers would have a plan to execute.

Can we please stop referring to those stats, they are wrong. In fact, they are IMPOSSIBLE:

image.png.56a7f5096c936929effcd913f0c34749.png

If Raya had made 2.9 saves per match and 3.5 saves per goal, we would HAVE to have conceded less than 1 goal per match. Which we did not. Unless Raya let a hell of a lot of crosses go straight past him anyway.

I didn't want us to sell Raya, but it's well documented that we wanted to bring in a new 1st choice keeper, and if he didn't want to sit on the bench every week (which is fair enough) then it simply is what it is.

Not making a comment on how long it's taken to get a GK, how I think we'll perform this season or whether we should have focused on CB over a new GK.

Just trying to stop the spread of false "fact".

Also not meaning to pick on you @pick32, I've seen posts referencing those stats a lot, yours was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Just now, JacknOry said:

No name?

Ok,

Does he play in the Championship?

Premier league perhaps?

Can you tell us the first letter of the club he plays for?

Is he between the age of 18 to 26 or 27 and above?

Has he ever represented his country?

What nationality is he?

Does he like Lemon Drizzle Cake?

Has he played for Mowbray before or one of his clubs ?

Who's his agent ?

Is he over 6ft ?

Has he plenty first team experience ?

Can he kick ?

Is he any effing good ?

• Like 2