BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

17 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sounds like your bluffing to me. 

All will be revealed ?

Cut him some slack. Let's not pressure him into giving info he can't so he loses his contact like Madon did.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Offensively, I think we are right up there.

Alas, a piss poor defence that doesn’t seem to be getting resolved. 

I don't disagree. If we get a decent centre half, keeper and left back then expectations should be to aim for promotion. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

I don't disagree. If we get a decent centre half, keeper and left back then expectations should be to aim for promotion. 

I agree but never forget a team with Danny Simpson at fullback won the Prem...!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You said we weren’t far away, I presume that means from the top 6? So an improved side ergo has us challenging, no?

No extremes with me as we’ll be mid table again, it’s you that sounds like he needs to cool your jets.

Where is the improved ‘game management’ coming from defensively, by the way? Just this keeper who we don’t even know? Or a young lad who’s hardly played centre half?

Jeez, do you think that game management just comes from Defenders? 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Jeez, do you think that game management just comes from Defenders? 

Why would I think that? Danny Graham is the best example of a player with it in the squad.

If you read, I say where is it coming from defensively, i.e from the existing defence with possibly a young loanee who’s hardly played centre half. One of the worst defences in the country last season, remember?

Edited by Mattyblue

Why would I think that? Danny Graham is the best example of a player with it in the squad.

If you read, I say where is it coming from defensively, i.e from the existing defence with possibly a young loanee who’s hardly played centre half. One of the worst defences in the country last season, remember?

Maybe an old 6 foot something GK with a big mouth ?

Sounds great, he’s going to instill this into an entire defence?

A defence of two young full backs, possibly a young centre half and a converted midfielder who though good, is prone to rash decision making.

Edited by Mattyblue

Sounds great, he’s going to instill this into an entire defence?

No, but he, DG, Johnson, Downing and our defence with another year of experience might?

For what it’s worth I expect us to sign an experienced CB too..

Just now, Paul Mani said:

No, but he, DG, Johnson, Downing and our defence with another year of experience might?

For what it’s worth I expect us to sign an experienced CB too..

Biz seemed happy enough with a young loanee and ‘improved game management from the existing defence’.

IF this one youngster is the only one to come in, I think that’s a risky approach and certainly not what TM was planning in May, do you not agree?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Biz seemed happy enough with a young loanee and ‘improved game management from the existing defence’.

I think that’s a risky approach and certainly not what TM was planning in May, do you not agree?

Give it a rest, I said (an echo of Sharpe) I wouldn’t be surprised if we pick up an experienced defender (like Hanley) towards the deadline! 

Just now, Biz said:

Give it a rest, I said (an echo of Sharpe) I wouldn’t be surprised if we pick up an experienced defender (like Hanley) towards the deadline! 

I was resting. Mani brought pages ago posts back up.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything special either, I know a few folk that have low level jobs within the club, they don’t get told everything for obvious reasons. They also could get into bother should a secret deal be leaked so iv no intention of getting them into bother. I pass on what I can. I can tell you a keeper will be signed before the start of the season. They didn’t let raya go without one pretty much done, there have been reasons it hasn’t been confirmed yet but it’s still going ahead and there is options should it not. More than one. Nobody is more annoyed than mowbray that it’s taken so long. Also after Man City lad comes in- as I mentioned weeks ago- there is another defender hopefully following. Up to 5 deals still to go through before end of window. Just way it’s been that deals are taking long

2 GK's, 2 CH's and a winger? (Purely off the loose Simms rumour when Gallagher signed)

Surely some are going to have to leave at some point too?

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything special either, I know a few folk that have low level jobs within the club, they don’t get told everything for obvious reasons. They also could get into bother should a secret deal be leaked so iv no intention of getting them into bother. I pass on what I can. I can tell you a keeper will be signed before the start of the season. They didn’t let raya go without one pretty much done, there have been reasons it hasn’t been confirmed yet but it’s still going ahead and there is options should it not. More than one. Nobody is more annoyed than mowbray that it’s taken so long. Also after Man City lad comes in- as I mentioned weeks ago- there is another defender hopefully following. Up to 5 deals still to go through before end of window. Just way it’s been that deals are taking long

Yeh yeh yeh

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Full back is just continuously blatantly ignored. I just hope the end of this window is the time when this is finally rectified, otherwise the centre backs are going to continue to be overworked.

What you on about, Martin is obviously coming back :) 

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

2 GK's, 2 CH's and a winger? (Purely off the loose Simms rumour when Gallagher signed)

Surely some are going to have to leave at some point too?

2 keepers, 2 defenders and a mid if Davenport injury is significant. Possibly Ádám. Trying to offload a few but not many takers

• Like 1

It’s a sign of the times when a long-standing and very even-handed and fair-minded poster like @Mattyblue is having to defend himself time and time for having an opinion!

We really need a couple of decent signings soon!!

• Like 5