BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mattyblue said:

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender."

So certainly not true that we had a budget to match last summer’s...

Wonder why he didn't give  Larry , Curly and Moe a ring and ask for that money they were trying to throw at him ,that he slowed them down on. ?

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Who was it said that he did? Honestly can’t remember. Was it Waggott or Mowbray himself?

I thought it was usually the ITK-ers.

Can’t recall Waggott saying anything more than ‘competitive’. I stand corrected, see below...

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom

Assume the two signings tomorrow are that City lad, and possibly Foderingham? Or maybe the target Bbrovers has been hearing about.

Edit: Just read the article and looks like it's the City lad and Walton. 

Edited by DE.

Just now, DE. said:

The club's hierarchy not telling fans the whole truth? Well knock me down with a feather. 

End of the day I don’t expect to spend net £10 million a summer or even close. But why come out with an out and out lie like ‘a similar budget’ when we will probably spend net about a tenth of what we did last summer.

File it with the ‘8 thousand season ticket holders’ tall tale and the others.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

We seem to have been fortunate that Raya pushed for his move, maybe I've only read that on here, so it fitted in with:

Mowbray: “When you have to wheel and deal you have to wheel and deal. “We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender. “Sometimes you have to sell to strengthen other parts of your team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender."

at least th at quote suggesting a permanent central defender will be brought in along with the loan from City.

It was Waggot who said about us having a similar budget, Mowbray might have said it too but i remember quotes from Waggot in telegraph 

Walton would be a strange signing because if he is going to be number 1 then he is not much if at all better than Raya, so we have sold a young player we owned and brought in a another you player but only on loan and will be developing him for another club. If Walton is coming in to be back up then I do wonder what is the point in wasting money on a back up goal keeper when we have other areas that needing addressing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Unless another goalie, and another defender besides the 2 tomorrow come in later ?

Walton's last league (competitive) game was against Millwall last game of 18-19 where he did a clean sheet. But what pre season games as he been involved in? Needs to be match fit if he's starting v Charlton.

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That is an awful admission imo, totally pissed off at that to be honest. 

• Like 2

Interesting to see where the GK situation ends up leading. 

Maybe Fisher is highly thought of? So idea could be to not want to stand in the way of his development by making a long term investment in a GK?

Thought being, get Walton in for a year on loan, who's not much better or worse than Raya, and allow us to spend £3m elsewhere on our team (Gallagher, hopefully another CB).

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Got us promoted and mid-table.  

Promoted was the minimum requirement considering the superior resources compared to league one. Midtable is a bit of a stretch only after a few decent results towards the end of the season

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Why if at the end of it we are a better team for it. 

That statement just really dosnt sit well with me. It's like we really needed thar 3 million for Raya to buy Sam Gallacher. 

I see it as an admission that we didn't have any money to spend this summer. 

• Like 2

Let's wait until the end of the window, your budget isn't just your fees involved in transfers. I'm assuming both Johnson and Downing are going to cost us close to 20k a week? That's 2 million extra straight away. Gallagher will be on the same too, plus his cost of close to 5 million. 

• Like 1