BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I mean I’ve read pages of this topic and you lot just seem to want to bicker with each other without looking at the bigger picture. It’s either all Venky’s fault or Tony is a waste of space and useless. Maybe we sold our goalkeeper so we could comply to FFP and top up our already healthy budget. We are clearly gonna spend 10 mill this window once we have bought a centre half, if you include wages for the free transfers then that is healthy budget for a club with our income. We are obviously very well managed and I for one am glad the club is being run this way. 

• Like 7

Just now, roverandout said:

Mowbary is all smoke and mirrors. Basically full of shit. Two things will happen either he will be gone by Christmas or rovers will be in the bottom 3 come may

So you’re not a fan of his?

Never mentioned it.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

I honestly think that was largely to do with the direct game we were playing. I don't understand why we were doing that early doors when players aren't tired. Aside from the very early incident where we should have capitalised, we were on the back foot because of poorly-launched balls towards Armstrong.

I also don't understand why Evans is receiving more criticism than Johnson, either. If Evans had played like Johnson did in the first half, I can only imagine the comments levelled toward him.

It's called cutting the new guy some slack can you imagine on here if people were slagging him already ?

With Evans it's what you see is what you get rinse & repeat about 150 times since he's been here and quite frankly im sick of it i just hope they were putting him in the window but doubt it very much as like Mulgrew he's been popping up on the official club photo's with the kit and one thing or another.  That usually suggests they are seen as very important.

I thought from the min he was signed Johnson would not be a good partner for Evans and likewise neither would Downing, common denominator in our mostly shite midfield over the past 5 or 6 years has been Evans, maybe a dozen games or so aside where he's looked like a different player.  Usually around contract or pre International selection time.

I just hope Mowbray has realised it's time to move forwards from that but very much doubt it, Evans has had it far too comfortable here for too long god knows why.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

Just now, imy9 said:

Let's wait until the end of the window, your budget isn't just your fees involved in transfers. I'm assuming both Johnson and Downing are going to cost us close to 20k a week? That's 2 million extra straight away. Gallagher will be on the same too, plus his cost of close to 5 million. 

We’ve sold our keeper for £3 million to pay these additional incoming wages. Then 4-5 million on transfer fees. Still not £10 million, even if we now have a bigger wage bill.

Which is fine, by the way, a decent budget from where I’m standing. Most clubs trade and wheel and deal at this level, but just level with fans instead of the politicians answers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender."

So certainly not true that we had a budget to match last summer’s...

Slightly different than last week's insuation that Raya had instigated the move.

His ramblings change from one day to the next. Tomorrow he will have another version of events, when he forgets what he said today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Also, if Mowbray isn't going to play Nyambe, why not sell him and put the money towards a replacement?

That's something i suspect might happen in the next 12 months or less but first it looks like they will try and add centre half cover to his cv to get the value up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We seem to have been fortunate that Raya pushed for his move, maybe I've only read that on here, so it fitted in with:

Mowbray: “When you have to wheel and deal you have to wheel and deal. “We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender. “Sometimes you have to sell to strengthen other parts of your team.

I’m not even convinced that Mowbray would have sold Raya if he hadn’t pushed for a move. Shows a lack of decisiveness.

That said, a new Number 1 with Raya as Number 2 is something we should have done as soon as Steele left. Our goalkeeping situation has been left to rot by a succession of managers and now it is coming home to roost.

Robinson, Bunn, Brown, Sandomierski, Usai, Kean, Steele, Eastwood, Raya, Leutwiler

We have got away with it because of the quality of centre backs we have had but now that has been neglected too we are pretty exposed.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

That's strange. Common denominator on here is that he has been accused of being coincidentally injured and picking up his comfortable wage.

Well there is that as well.

• Like 1

Just now, martonrover said:

Slightly different than last week's insuation that Raya had instigated the move.

His ramblings change from one day to the next. Tomorrow he will have another version of events, when he forgets what he said today.

Just like how your ramblings change from one day to the next. Shit happens and things change, I’d like to see how you would perform with a microphone shoved under your nose everyday. Continuity would be very difficult.

• Like 2

Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Just like how your ramblings change from one day to the next. Shit happens and things change, I’d like to see how you would perform with a microphone shoved under your nose everyday. Continuity would be very difficult.

I think Tony has had a microphone shoved under his hooter enough times down the years to know he's speaking in public, it's being recorded and typed down and people will discuss it and question him on it.

His lack of consistency these days is getting hard not to notice.

• Like 3

Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Is that so? Not that you know me at all, or are interested in bickering with people, (or so you say).

• Like 2

“We work to a budget and as I’ve done throughout my career I’ve tried to stick to budgets.

“I don’t go back cap in hand to the owners asking for more money.

“When you have to wheel and deal you have to wheel and deal.

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender.

“Sometimes you have to sell to strengthen other parts of your team."

Can you imagine Kenny telling this to the press when Uncle Jack owned the club?

So much for the billionaires in India. I know we'd have gone under like Bolton before now if it weren't for them, but surely they can support the club better financially than they do. And don't start all that FFP crap to me.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

He was let go becasue we were offered good money and TM thought we could do better.

Wether we do better only time will tell, but personally I think all the keepers we have been linked with are better than raya

He was let go because he wanted to go and we needed the money for Gallagher.

47 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Also, if Mowbray isn't going to play Nyambe, why not sell him and put the money towards a replacement?

Oh no, you've done it now... Mowbray will be forwarded this 1 message and told it is a solid reflection of "fan consensus" and will now go forward gung ho with "fan favourite Elliott Bennett" and Nyambe sold for £1m to fund Glen Whelan and his 1 year wages.