BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Gary C said:

The next few days will give us lot something to talk and squabble about then 

Yeah it's about time we had something it's been far too peaceful on here......... ?

Christ i almost wish we were under embargo again at least everyone moaned in unison and blamed mostly the same people.  Apart from the usual 2 or 3 suspects of course !

Just now, FGS5635 said:

You have to realise that everything TM says isnt for the fans ears. Some of it is smoke and mirrors imo for other ears. Like sometimes its like he is talking to the owners through the press.#

Other times it will be a game of poker trying to push a deal through hinting we have no money etc.

Then its trying to squeeze extra cash out of another club by hinting we have a good budget and dont need to sell etc.

Im not saying his isnt changing his mind from time to time, but to think everything he says is for us is a bit short sighted

Amen, clearly you see the light rather than dark.

Just now, Swanson said:

So Myers claims there will be a forward, 2 GK's and a CB coming in addition to the kid from City?

We were told here there were up to 5 deals still being worked on, after all.

Alan says it’s possibly a winger.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

“We work to a budget and as I’ve done throughout my career I’ve tried to stick to budgets.

“I don’t go back cap in hand to the owners asking for more money.

“When you have to wheel and deal you have to wheel and deal.

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender.

“Sometimes you have to sell to strengthen other parts of your team."

Can you imagine Kenny telling this to the press when Uncle Jack owned the club?

So much for the billionaires in India. I know we'd have gone under like Bolton before now if it weren't for them, but surely they can support the club better financially than they do. And don't start all that FFP crap to me.

FFP crap !! Crawl back under your cave batman. We’ve fell foul of FFP before and there is no chance our gem of a manager will let it happen again. 

16 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yeah another striker, why not. If Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Brereton, Samuel and Nuttall all get injured we won't have anyone to play in that one position up top so better to be safe than sorry.

Didnt he also come out and say that we're not going to play anyone "down the middle" anyway?

I thought I was baffled anyway, but If he brings in another forward I'll just admit defeat, not criticise and just see watch the car crash unfold in front of my eyes.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Didnt he also come out and say that we're not going to play anyone "down the middle" anyway?

I thought I was baffled anyway, but If he brings in another forward I'll just admit defeat, not criticise and just see watch the car crash unfold in front of my eyes.

I’m certain it’ll be striker for the u23’s, nought to fret about.

• Like 2

Worth pointing out that FFP IS a serious problem for Rovers.

It is a problem 90% of Football League clubs can only dream of having because they have ownership which will go nowhere near injecting cash to the extent FFP would become an issue.

Just now, philipl said:

Worth pointing out that FFP IS a serious problem for Rovers.

It is a problem 90% of Football League clubs can only dream of having because they have ownership which will go nowhere near injecting cash to the extent FFP would become an issue.

Last summer we chose to spend £7 million on a teenager who wasnt ready to play games. We were told that we were Ffp compliant and were not risking breaking those rules. If there is an issue with Ffp that deal will have gone a long way towards that. Mowbray or Waggott were responsible for allowing that deal to go through.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Last summer we chose to spend £7 million on a teenager who wasnt ready to play games. We were told that we were Ffp compliant and were not risking breaking those rules. If there is an issue with Ffp that deal will have gone a long way towards that. Mowbray or Waggott were responsible for allowing that deal to go through.

Missing my point.

We are within FFP but it needs careful management.

If Venky's weren't still pouring the cash into Rovers, FFP would be the very least of our worries. Ask Bolton and Bury fans what that feels like rather than the paranoia filling the last 490 pages of this thread.

• Like 6

Not missing the point at all. Spending is great, but it has to be done wisely or we are back to the late Bowyer era and every chance of the 3rd division (that yes, is still better than Bolton).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

Nuttall set to go out on loan, Accy back in for him.  

Billy Kee hasn't reported back for pre-season for personal reasons so he would probably be Stanley's main striker. 

I think he'd do well there.

I think that would be a good move for all parties. Fingers crossed

• Like 4

Just now, philipl said:

Missing my point.

We are within FFP but it needs careful management.

If Venky's weren't still pouring the cash into Rovers, FFP would be the very least of our worries. Ask Bolton and Bury fans what that feels like rather than the paranoia filling the last 490 pages of this thread.

If Venkys hadn't started pouring it in again they'd be selling assets to cover it like a few years ago something a lot are suspicious of happening again so i think the paranoia can be excused a little.

We weren't far off being a Bolton or Bury not long ago and with respect nobody warned of that more than your good self you seem to have done a remarkable U turn - in Venkys you trust ?

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

If Venkys hadn't started pouring it in again they'd be selling assets to cover it like a few years ago something a lot are suspicious of happening again so i think the paranoia can be excused a little.

We weren't far off being a Bolton or Bury not long ago and with respect nobody warned of that more than your good self you seem to have done a remarkable U turn - in Venkys you trust ?

...and it's not as if nobody (albeit nowhere near enough) has condemned FUP on here is it?

Just now, tomphil said:

I

Maybe Sergei the meerkat has hacked his account?

• Like 1

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Madon said:

Nuttall set to go out on loan, Accy back in for him.  

Billy Kee hasn't reported back for pre-season for personal reasons so he would probably be Stanley's main striker. 

I think he'd do well there.

Good for Nuttall, hope Kee is ok hasn’t he been pretty open about mental health struggles in the past?

• Like 6

Just now, Tom said:

Good for Nuttall, hope Kee is ok hasn’t he been pretty open about mental health struggles in the past?

Yeah, saw he hadn’t reported back a few weeks ago but still no news?

All the best to him - his health is more important than football.

• Like 2

What exactly has Alan Myers got to do with all this? Is he a journo now? Why would anyone leak information to him so that he can publish it on Twitter?

Then there’s his message. Yet another striker? Why?

All very odd. Especially when the actual journos like Sharpe don’t do any real investigation and seem to simply print whatever statements the club or Mowbray put out.

Just over two weeks until the window closes. Just under two weeks until the season starts. Still time to get bodies in but they won’t be ready to start for some time. I can see today’s defence being the one that starts against Charlton.

1 hour ago, CD_93 said:

We were told here there were up to 5 deals still being worked on, after all.

Alan says it’s possibly a winger.

I am sure that somebody on here had said that we had representatives up in Glssgow and intimated that they were after a winger who could play as a wing back. I would presume that it would be a right sided wingback as Nyambe is good defensively but doesn’t have an end product when he goes forward. 

Downing

Gallagher

Walton

Another GK? (Loan)

Adarabioyo (Loan)

Johnson

White (Under 23’s)

490 pages ago, if somebody said that was our summer transfer business, including the sale of Raya, I can’t imagine what the response would have been. 

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

I am sure that somebody on here had said that we had representatives up in Glssgow and intimated that they were after a winger who could play as a wing back. I would presume that it would be a right sided wingback as Nyambe is good defensively but doesn’t have an end product when he goes forward. 

If theres a right wing back role up for grabs, theres only one man in contention for that, and he's already here.

Not sure where the idea of Nyambe being a good defender has come from here. The lads a pure athlete and is a decent recovery kind of defender purely because of his pace but he gets caught out of position every game and rarely stops crosses. I want to see him improve but I'm always a little nervous with him back there. Better than Bennett mind you

• Like 1