BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Walton and Simon Eastwood.

This is a joke, no?

If true. Love to hear people saying that selling Raya wasn't a mistake now. 

Raya and Leutwiler over Walton (loan) and Eastwood. No contest.

Tin-Pot Tony.

I have no likes left but spot on

• Like 1

This isn’t good , I can only assume that things really haven’t went to plan. Certainly Walton is one that’s just been worked on very recently and to my belief after our number one target became non viable. Martínez was the name I was given, loan to buy. Was progressing nicely but went quiet, I can only assume it hit a roadblock that wasn’t sortable. Not at all pleased with Walton and Eastwood if that’s what it turns out to be 

• Like 5

Just now, rovers11 said:

That would make sense. Walton is surely not coming here to sit on the bench; and Eastwood is an experienced, cheap option who won’t mind being a back-up GK. 

We've already got an experienced cheaper option who doesn't mind being back up. I don't see why we seem to have an obsession with signing 2 goalkeepers, we have other areas in the starting 11 that need addressing much more urgently than which goal keeper sits on the bench. Leutwiler is a decent back up and if you look around the league he is really about the standard of most other sides back up keeper's.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

This isn’t good , I can only assume that things really haven’t went to plan. Certainly Walton is one that’s just been worked on very recently and to my belief after our number one target became non viable. Martínez was the name I was given, loan to buy. Was progressing nicely but went quiet, I can only assume it hit a roadblock that wasn’t sortable. Not at all pleased with Walton and Eastwood if that’s what it turns out to be 

Martinez from Arsenal?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Ruddy... to lad from Wigan and Simon Eastwood.

As per Assombalonga we were never going to get Forster or Hart, but the rumours were fun for the fans.

Always going to be some bargain aisle solution as the window shuts.

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Martinez from Arsenal?

Yea, at 26 he was seen as one to come in with more experience and make position his for years to come. As others have said if Eastwood is to come in as backup only what’s the point. I’d rather have somebody decent who could challenge for the position

Just now, rovers11 said:

That would make sense. Walton is surely not coming here to sit on the bench; and Eastwood is an experienced, cheap option who won’t mind being a back-up GK. 

We already have an experienced and cheap back up in Leutwiler who recently signed a new 12 month deal.

It makes no sense at all to me.

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea, at 26 he was seen as one to come in with more experience and make position his for years to come. As others have said if Eastwood is to come in as backup only what’s the point. I’d rather have somebody decent who could challenge for the position

Maybe Walton will be loan to buy?

Either way its pretty underwhelming.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2019 at 14:43, Paul Mani said:

In Tony we trust? It’s the same as always. I’ve said it before, most just taking longer to see nowt has changed. He’s a spin doctor and a very good one at that!! 

30 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Pedro , you do know that Wigan dropped Walton last year after a series of high profile cock ups that were down to him?  Not sure this is a material upgrade tbh and certainly not what folk expected when throwing names around like Forster, Hart, Adrian, etc. Lets hope there is better to come in the GK dept but I have my doubts that this fella would be coming to warm our bench.

Sounds familiar - We had our own master of cock ups who eventually got dropped too ?. He's definitely an upgrade in my opinion and I do prefer seeing a bigger physical presence between the sticks. I do think he will come in as a replacement for Leutweiller though, probably with a view to buy and JW will be sent elsewhere. I fully expect an experienced freebie come in or a long term loan.

Just now, arbitro said:

We already have an experienced and cheap back up in Leutwiler who recently signed a new 12 month deal.

It makes no sense at all to me.

I think the logical interpretation is that there is no plan, we are at the stage now of scratching around to find people with the deadline only a couple of weeks away.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

I think the logical interpretation is that there is no plan, we are at the stage now of scratching around to find people with the deadline only a couple of weeks away.

What difference to last summer? Mowbary has zero plan whether it comes to transfers or tactics. He talks a good game but never delivers. I hope for one he's gone by Christmas

• Like 2

Just now, roverandout said:

What difference to last summer? Mowbary has zero plan whether it comes to transfers or tactics. He talks a good game but never delivers. I hope for one he's gone by Christmas

We heard.

Is this just a single line in a Sky Sports Fecking News article that's got us all frothing?

Eastwood would be better than Leutwiler imo - seems to really have come on. Oxford fans reckon he's one of their best EVER keepers! Can't say Shrewbury fans were saying the same about the Leuts.

Either way, let's see what happens innit

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

I described our transfer policy as scattergun recently and was rounded on by some who disagreed. I don't see any planning in our business so far and now there is a hint of desperation. There doesn't appear to have been any scouting of any of our signings so far. Mowbray's brave new world is in danger of falling off a cliff.

I honestly think something has gone massively awry at Rovers in the last few months.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

We heard.

Is this just a single line in a Sky Sports Fecking News article that's got us all frothing?

Eastwood would be better than Leutwiler imo - seems to really have come on. Oxford fans reckon he's one of their best EVER keepers! Can't say Shrewbury fans were saying the same about the Leuts.

Either way, let's see what happens innit

Yes ma brudda, but this is mowbary realising he can't attract players of any decent pedigree so he reverts to his usual desperation signings, the guy is full of brown stuff, he has no clue whatsoever in the transfer market. 

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

I described our transfer policy as scattergun recently and was rounded on by some who disagreed. I don't see any planning in our business so far and now there is a hint of desperation. There doesn't appear to have been any scouting of any of our signings so far. Mowbray's brave new world is in danger of falling off a cliff.

I honestly think something has gone massively awry at Rovers in the last few months.

Give u a like. 

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

I believe "Blackburn Rovers" owns the ground. Derby and Sheff Wed (that I know of) sold their stadia to separate, unnamed "associate" companies of their owners.

Less of an issue for Derby - they trust him as a real fan of the club. 

For us - it would be suicidal to flog our biggest asset into god knows whose grubby hands.

Yep we really don't want to go down that road if they start doing stuff like that then given their track record we'll never get it back.

• Like 1