BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, DE. said:

Have to assume Pedro means Waggott, etc, as it wouldn't make sense with Venky's as from the moment they took over horrendous amounts of money began funneling out of the club towards SEM and parties associated with them. There was obviously something badly wrong around the 15/16 period as we were suddenly having severe cash flow problems, which we didn't have even at the worst of times during the Jerome Anderson/SEM era (aside from the £10m Barclays loan incident, although even then there was never any missed payments for wages, emergency loans being taken out, etc). That all seems to have been cleaned up for the most part, and now we're essentially back to where we were before with budgets that change depending on the date, targets being missed for reasons unknown and the manager flying out to India on a semi-regular basis to discuss financial obligations even though that should really be solely down to Waggott and the appropriate board members. 

I think we're likely in a better place in terms of financial transperency than we were a few years ago, but the underlying problems with how the owners run the club remain and continue to hinder us. Appreciate that they're keeping the lights on, etc, but my concern is what happens if and when they finally decide they've had enough. The only person trying to build any kind of structure that benefits the club long-term is an employee who could be gone by Christmas. 

Or even quicker if we dont get players in and he speaks out about why

31 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How has Reading managed to sign Charlie Adam without a trial and a pre-season game? That looks like a huge gamble.

So we’ve got him fit for our rivals Reading, couldn’t make it up. The window has been a comedy of errors so far.

• Like 1

Just now, RV Blue said:

So we’ve got him fit for our rivals Reading, couldn’t make it up. The window has been a comedy of errors so far.

That’s one take.

Or...

We had someone on trial, decided he wasn’t good enough to be worth a wage.

I’d have been pretty underwhelmed with him signing tbh.

• Like 7

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If the rumours I heard were correct - Reading offered more money !

Good. Wouldn't have minded him for a few cameos.

But not someone I'd want to spend much of the budget on. 

Particularly at his age with a suspect injury record. 

Great life being a footballer though, ain’t it. 

Free agent, but ring up a club asking if you can train, rock up and take part in sessions, use the facilities, get physio and massages. eat the food, get yourself fit and then get a contract somewhere else. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Great life being a footballer though, ain’t it. 

Free agent, but ring up a club asking if you can train, rock up and take part in sessions, use the facilities, get physio and massages. eat the food, get yourself fit and then get a contract somewhere else. 

I believe they are called trials

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I believe they are called trials

This wasn’t. He rang up himself and asked to train . He got a game at Barrow due to an injury.

Fairly common in the game, so not a trial. As I said not a bad life.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

This wasn’t. He rang up himself and asked to train .

Did he?

Charlie Adam would be worth a trial though wouldn’t he?

Edited by S8 & Blue

Did he?

He did. 

‘It’s mainly somewhere to give them somewhere to train and get fit....

Charlie phoned me a few days ago and asked if he could come in and train,” Mowbray said.

“He knows a few of the lads and I said ‘no problem’.

“One of our young players Brad Lyons picked up a groin injury yesterday.

“Brad would have played and we needed to fill in with the bodies because I was going to play two lots of 45 minutes.

“I asked Charlie if he wanted to fill in and he said ‘yeah fine’ because that’s the sort of kid he is.’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

He did. 

‘It’s mainly somewhere to give them somewhere to train and get fit....

Charlie phoned me a few days ago and asked if he could come in and train,” Mowbray said.

“He knows a few of the lads and I said ‘no problem’.

“One of our young players Brad Lyons picked up a groin injury yesterday.

“Brad would have played and we needed to fill in with the bodies because I was going to play two lots of 45 minutes.

“I asked Charlie if he wanted to fill in and he said ‘yeah fine’ because that’s the sort of kid he is.’

Yeah but didn’t we consider signing him? Didn’t some of us want to?

He was on trial by all intents and purposes.

Why do some of you have to get pissed off at EVERYTHING?

Could get a blowie off Meghan Markle and complain about the teeth.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 5

I’m not remotely pissed off. Seems like that’s you. Just a light hearted musing  about the life of a footballer and the ‘I scratch your back...’ world they inhabit. He took full advantage of our facilities this time and Reading take him on, I’m sure we have done the same with other players.

He obviously wasn’t initially on trial as stated by the manager, many players go to local clubs to train in the summer. 

Some thread this ^_^

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

Or her technique 

• Like 1