BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, K-Hod said:

Apparently not! 

Anyway, I’m off for an extended break.

This causes me much more stress than my 9-5 and I don’t get paid for it.

Thanks for the last 9 years everyone.

Sad news to me K-Hod. Take a break and (hopefully) enjoy the football.

It's ridiculous that some posters have a go at you because of your opinion and can't respect that without some childish, infantile comment. When we run out of moderators I sincerely hope that some of the critics take the role on and see what it entails. Do I think that will happen - not a chance.

• Like 4

Just now, Ossydave said:

I've been bollocked/banned twice recently too after many years without issue. One of them was fair enough I suppose but literally no idea about the most recent one. Not really something to cry about though. 

Surely you got a notification explaining why that you had to acknowledge? I did.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Nuttall has shown more than Brereton when he's had the chance----and that's what irks me.

I disagree but respect your opinion. Nuttall is a few years older but Brereton has done more so far in his career, representing England and making his name at Forest. Really expecting Ben to kick on this season after a full pre season with the lads, just praying he's not shoved out wide too much.

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

Sad news to me K-Hod. Take a break and (hopefully) enjoy the football.

It's ridiculous that some posters have a go at you because of your opinion and can't respect that without some childish, infantile comment. When we run out of moderators I sincerely hope that some of the critics take the role on and see what it entails. Do I think that will happen - not a chance.

I bloody hope NOT!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Apparently not! 

Anyway, I’m off for an extended break.

This causes me much more stress than my 9-5 and I don’t get paid for it.

Thanks for the last 9 years everyone.

Dude. Don’t listen to the eejits. I’m actually affronted on your behalf. Take it easy and come back soon mate.

• Like 6

• Backroom

As far as regular posters are concerned warnings and bans are only given out for repeated instances of trying to wind others up and contributing nothing to the debate, or personal insults/attacks on other members. Cut that out and you generally don't need to worry. 

We hide far more posts than give out warnings, and any suggestion we favour one side over the other is simply paranoia. 

I appreciate it's easy to find yourself provoked on here at times, but if you can't debate a person's post without insulting them you are better off hitting the report button and letting us deal with it, rather than dragging yourself into the pit. 

Hopefully K-Hod will return soon as he was very even-handed and conscientious of his actions. The board is worse off without him around. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Was a Johnson signing, Mowbray takes no credit for it.

Really? Thought he came on trial and was then signed by the club. Isn't that Tony's remit? 

I'm guessing all the youth players coming through, Johnson will take all the credit, not the manager who has the confidence to play them at senior level? 

Ok folks - if you're going to discuss moderators or moderation do it in the correct section, not here. I've hidden plenty of posts, anything past here will be deemed taking the thread off topic. 

Now I'm off to convince K-Hod to come back!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Gutted that Joe has had to go. Fully blame Mowbray for holding him back and not helping him to develop. I can’t help think that when Nuttall was dumped out of the side for Samuel (Mowbray’s own man) last season and unfairly - at that time - dropped back to the U23s that it upset Joe and their relationship didn’t recover. Mowbray then went an brought in a more Mowbray-like signing in Brereton and that was the beginning of the end. Even last season, Nuttall showed that he had more about him that Brereton and yet Mowbray again has persevered with ‘his own man’.

Mowbray is a very poor man-manager IMO. In my view he leaves all of that to the senior players (“the group”) and just looks at trying to keep them happy while rotating the fringe players around. He’s a soft touch and he may talk big at times but he doesn’t follow through with his actions - we’ve gone from “defenders are coming” to it appearing that was all the keepers fault. At least the group are happy again now.

Out of interest to support your theory, in the last few years, can you think of any ex players who have commented on Tony's poor man management?

Also Nuttall was where when we picked him up? Clearly there weren't many who wanted to give him a chance. He now has a 3 year contract and a chance to perform at a level he should cope with... I'd be grateful.. 

• Like 4

Just now, J*B said:

Ok folks - if you're going to discuss moderators or moderation do it in the correct section, not here. I've hidden plenty of posts, anything past here will be deemed taking the thread off topic. 

Now I'm off to convince K-Hod to come back!

Hopefully the next we see/hear of K-Hod is a Jordan Belfort esque ‘I ain’t leavin!’ speech.

• Like 5

Nobody has let Nuttall down. I for one championed his inclusion in the squad but simply put when he had appearances he didn't put the kind of shift in you'd expect from a striker in this league. Too lightweight, not the greatest touch in the world and would never hammer defences down or run the channels. The three lads we have in front of him are all better and one could argue Samuel is better too.

Whether Nuttall will do well at Blackpool is anyones guess. I think he will. He gets in the right places and has an eye for goal. That level may suit him more.

It's crazy how players that sign for us are instantly confined to the poor player category, where their bad attributes are highlighted, and suddenly when a player goes he becomes the best player we've seen in that position and sorely let down by the club.

Just now, imy9 said:

Out of interest to support your theory, in the last few years, can you think of any ex players who have commented on Tony's poor man management?

Also Nuttall was where when we picked him up? Clearly there weren't many who wanted to give him a chance. He now has a 3 year contract and a chance to perform at a level he should cope with... I'd be grateful.. 

There isn't one. One bit of positive feedback Mowbray used to get on here is that he looks like he has the squad playing for him, which they are, and that the dressing room atmosphere has taken a massive up turn since he came. It has. There's not been a hint of bad management on behalf of Mowbray, it's just that on here some wild assumption like that has legs all in the name of "opinion", whether or not it is fact-based is irrelevant. 

• Like 8

Think it’s a good move for Blackpool and Nuttall,

Hope we have a sell on clause or buy back because I think being a regular in that league he will score a lot this season.

Dont trust Mowbray player judgement but I do however trust Damien Johnson and he managed Nuttall a lot last season so if he thinks he is behind the current group of forwards it’s the right move to let him go.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Gutted that Joe has had to go. Fully blame Mowbray for holding him back and not helping him to develop. I can’t help think that when Nuttall was dumped out of the side for Samuel (Mowbray’s own man) last season and unfairly - at that time - dropped back to the U23s that it upset Joe and their relationship didn’t recover. Mowbray then went an brought in a more Mowbray-like signing in Brereton and that was the beginning of the end. Even last season, Nuttall showed that he had more about him that Brereton and yet Mowbray again has persevered with ‘his own man’.

Mowbray is a very poor man-manager IMO. In my view he leaves all of that to the senior players (“the group”) and just looks at trying to keep them happy while rotating the fringe players around. He’s a soft touch and he may talk big at times but he doesn’t follow through with his actions - we’ve gone from “defenders are coming” to it appearing that was all the keepers fault. At least the group are happy again now.

That is frankly ludicrous Brereton has way more potential than Nuttall and as for the poor man management I'd say if his man management is so poor how come so many loan signings are seemingly happy to come back permanently to play for the club if its such a toxic place

• Like 3

Just now, imy9 said:

You wouldn’t really be grateful.

Footballers with any sense never badmouth their old club and you know this so you are just trying to set me up. But that’s ok, I’m used to you now imy.

You only have to look at how the old guard have continued to be a mainstays in the side while the likes of Rothwell and Reed and Palmer have made way. The latter two leaving. He dropped Smallwood and Mulgrew at the end of last season - or did he? They’ve both featured in pre-season.

I’ll personally be delighted if Mowbray brought in players to the starting XI on Saturday to prove me wrong but by his own comments they are likely to have to fight their way into the side. We need upgrades and we buy makeweights. That’s because he doesn’t want to upset the senior players. Bloke thinks he’s Shankly or Paisley or something but without the players.

Mulgrew should be dropped for Tosin tomorrow. If not then our recruitment strategy and/or man-management approach does not work.

I think its a sensible move for all. Nuttall clearly has an eye for goal but his lack of technical ability proves costly at higher levels against better defenders. Prolific at U23s but I cant see him playing any higher than L1. Hope it goes well for the lad. 

Wonder if there will be any more outs this summer? Centre mid seems heavily stocked with similar players to me. 

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

That is frankly ludicrous Brereton has way more potential than Nuttall and as for the poor man management I'd say if his man management is so poor how come so many loan signings are seemingly happy to come back permanently to play for the club if its such a toxic place

Who was beating down the door for Chapman?

Just now, Stuart said:

Who was beating down the door for Chapman?

There were teams after Gallagher but he chose to come back here never saw any mention of teams being after Chapman but I'm sure he would not have struggled to find a club if he wanted to avoid a club with the poisonous atmosphere that you describe. 

In fact all the evidence points to the club having a great camaraderie behind the scenes the polar opposite of what you describe if you want to level criticism at Mowbray saying he is a terrible man manager is completely the wrong way to go about it. 

Edited by Beanie01289
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I disagree but respect your opinion. Nuttall is a few years older but Brereton has done more so far in his career, representing England and making his name at Forest. Really expecting Ben to kick on this season after a full pre season with the lads, just praying he's not shoved out wide too much.

All I ever hear associated with Brereton is "potential." And time may prove he has it. But, based on actual performances, and particularly in front of goal. Nuttall has been the better player, despite any limitations he has.

For a start, he can head it and he puts himself about. Defenders know they are in for a battle against him. He competes.

Brereton would do well to build up the aggressive part of his game. Its not tippy-toe in the Championship.

Nuttall's gone and good luck to him, Brereton needs to step up.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

You wouldn’t really be grateful.

Footballers with any sense never badmouth their old club and you know this so you are just trying to set me up. But that’s ok, I’m used to you now imy.

You only have to look at how the old guard have continued to be a mainstays in the side while the likes of Rothwell and Reed and Palmer have made way. The latter two leaving. He dropped Smallwood and Mulgrew at the end of last season - or did he? They’ve both featured in pre-season.

I’ll personally be delighted if Mowbray brought in players to the starting XI on Saturday to prove me wrong but by his own comments they are likely to have to fight their way into the side. We need upgrades and we buy makeweights. That’s because he doesn’t want to upset the senior players. Bloke thinks he’s Shankly or Paisley or something but without the players.

Mulgrew should be dropped for Tosin tomorrow. If not then our recruitment strategy and/or man-management approach does not work.

1) The latter two left because they were................................................on loan.

2) Yes they did get dropped..................................................because they didn't play.

3) Is not upsetting players a sign of......................good man management? Especially as he DID drop players and they are still here, without kicking up a fuss.

4) That's simply not true and has no basis. If Mulgrew plays tomorrow it is because Mulgrew is fit enough to play. It has no bearing whatsoever on the man-management approach. Unsure whether you are being disingenuous or your desire to be edgy makes you say pretty silly things.

• Like 3