BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, 47er said:

We could have said that several times over the last few years but, somehow, the job is never completed.

This time round our best chance lies with our outstanding youth players. If more of them are unleashed as TM's regulars prove not up to it then we might do something!

I think management choice is much to blame for that.  We had the squad under Bowyer and we'd had the chance to sign Neil Warnock. We'd have been right up there under him.

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think management choice is much to blame for that.  We had the squad under Bowyer and we'd had the chance to sign Neil Warnock. We'd have been right up there under him.

Yep, after Kean Venky's have repeatedly gone for the cheap, easy option and it has cost us. In fact I'd wager we've lost more financially than we would have if we'd hired a decent, proven manager, especially considering our relegation to League 1 in 16/17. Lambert is the exception to the rule but he wasn't around for very long. I get the feeling it might have been the same with Warnock tbh, but I doubt we would have been relegated if he had been at the helm during the 16/17 season. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

One part has happened...

Fuck off Mowbray... we will never reach the potential we can with him bumbling around with Bennett at RB and Rothwell not on the pitch.

Hope he comes on with 30 to go in a 0-0 and drags us to the 3 points.

Rothwell really needs a song.

• Like 1

If i was a wise old manager then after seeing my defence often conceded weak goals over the course of nearly 3 seasons and i had been granted a good budget i decide it's time for a revamp.  I'd plan ahead and allocate a good lump if not all the budget to try and significantly improve it and i'd tell the fans confidently 'Don't worry defenders are coming'

Then i'd go out and ###### sign some half decent ones.  If i didn't i'd expect to have the same problems and i'd be worried i'd be through the door before Christmas.

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

If i was a wise old manager then after seeing my defence often conceded weak goals over the course of nearly 3 seasons and i had been granted a good budget i decide it's time for a revamp.  I'd plan ahead and allocate a good lump if not all the budget to try and significantly improve it and i'd tell the fans confidently 'Don't worry defenders are coming'

Then i'd go out and ###### sign some half decent ones.  If i didn't i'd expect to have the same problems and i'd be worried i'd be through the door before Christmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37502741

He will never learn.

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nobody at Ewood will question him though Waggot won't dare speak down to his boss and Indian middleman will only be concerned in reporting back to his bosses how the potential double your money investments are doing and how many future youngsters are we blooding for sale.

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Left back surely? Amari’i Bell must be one of the worst full backs we’ve had in 30 years.

Bell and Williams as our main left back options... truly frightening. We'd be better off putting a dustbin on the pitch - more likelihood of stopping an attacker at least.

Wouldn't surprise me if Downing ends up at LB with Rothwell playing ahead of him.