BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Paul Mani said:

See now I still think there’s a player in Amari’i Bell

Nowhere near good enough for this level. Can’t defend, terrible control, can’t use the ball offensively.

Yes pace, but nothing else a full back needs.

• Like 3

See now I still think there’s a player in Amari’i Bell

There might be if he learned to cross then he'd be a winger or maybe a younger left sided  hard working wide midfielder version of Bennett but he's certainly no left back, piss poor defender.

Reminds me a bit of Mark Atkins although different types and era obviously but he was signed from lower down, young raw right back but never ever looked like one yet you could see there were possibly other attributes. A manager change meant he got shifted and he never looked back but it took the coach taking over to actually spot what he could offer the team instead of repeating the same old shit and hoping for a different outcome.

Edited by tomphil

Mowbray slammed our defenders at the end of last season. When he spoke at the fans forum on May 2, he said that the defenders knew they hadn't done well enough last season and new ones would be coming in.

Yet we are days away from the end of the transfer window and we have lined up with the same defence as we did last season. In fact with the exception of Mulgrew taking Williams place, it is exactly the same defensive lineup we fielded against Swansea on the last day of last season.

Now I obviously know Tosin couldn't play today. But does anyone really think he would have made that much of a difference?!

If we don't get AT LEAST a CB, a RB and a LB before the window closes. We will struggle.

It's just not good enough. Unless somebody has stopped him doing what he said he would do. He really has no excuse.

• Like 7

• Backroom
Just now, RovingRover said:

Mowbray slammed our defenders at the end of last season. When he spoke at the fans forum on May 2, he said that the defenders knew they hadn't done well enough last season and new ones would be coming in.

Yet we are days away from the end of the transfer window and we have lined up with the same defence as we did last season. In fact with the exception of Mulgrew taking Williams place, it is exactly the same defensive lineup we fielded against Swansea on the last day of last season.

Now I obviously know Tosin couldn't play today. But does anyone really think he would have made that much of a difference?!

If we don't get AT LEAST a CB, a RB and a LB before the window closes. We will struggle.

It's just not good enough. Unless somebody has stopped him doing what he said he would do. He really has no excuse.

Those quotes really are damning. Somebody in the press needs to play this to him and ask what's changed? Judging by today's match absolutely nothing.

Of course they won't. It'll be "hard luck Tony, played well today, just couldn't quite get going", "yeah we played well but Travis wasn't good enough and Rothwell was terrible when he came on, at fault for the second goal was the lad, destroyed our momentum. Brilliant performance from Benno though, if we had eleven of him on the pitch we'd be right up there lads, I'm telling you".

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

Those quotes really are damning. Somebody in the press needs to play this to him and ask what's changed? Judging by today's match absolutely nothing.

Of course they won't. It'll be "hard luck Tony, played well today, just couldn't quite get going", "yeah we played well but Travis wasn't good enough and Rothwell was terrible when he came on, at fault for the second goal was the lad, destroyed our momentum. Brilliant performance from Benno though, if we had eleven of him on the pitch we'd be right up there lads, I'm telling you".

At our level ‘the press’ is Rovers in house media, Sharpe and Bayes from Radio Lancs... Andrew Neill, they ain’t.

Tbh if those performances by Mulgrew and Bennett don’t make him go out and sign a RB and CB then nothing will. They were horrible. I felt sorry for them. Mulgrew life oks like he needs putting out of his misery.

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Nowhere near good enough for this level. Can’t defend, terrible control, can’t use the ball offensively.

Yes pace, but nothing else a full back needs.

I think he lacks conviction. He nearly does all of those things well but mostly falls short. 

Bennett and Mulgrew are TRULY awful. Nyambe needs to ask for a move if he’s considered a lesser RB than Bennett. 

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Mulgrew changed my mind today. I went into it thinking we needed 2 CB’s. I now think we need 4.

I think Williams is a decent CB but Mulgrew is finished for me. Lenihan, Tosin, New, Williams and one of Grayson or Magloire would do me. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Bennett and Mulgrew are TRULY awful. Nyambe needs to ask for a move if he’s considered a lesser RB than Bennett. 

We knew this last season though. It was obvious to everyone, even Mowbray essentially said as much in public. The fact he is either unable or unwilling to address this problem brings into question has capability as manager of the club imo. Not a call for him to be sacked but if we continue this campaign with those two at the heart of defence then something is very wrong. 

I think he lacks conviction. He nearly does all of those things well but mostly falls short. 

If I were Nyambe I'd knock on TM's door. If Tony's first words weren't: "You'll be starting next week" then mine would be "I'd like to leave in the next week".

Lad can't dislodge the dire Bennett and his brand new contract was a pathetic two year one. He clearly isn't rated here, very unfairly, and should move on for the good of his career.

• Like 6

‘Nearly’ doing something isn’t good enough. If anything he’s getting worse.

No nearly means he’s nearly good enough and I think I could give him a bit longer.

He’ll never be good enough, he just doesn’t have it, sorry.

And if we are going to stick with Bennett at right back then we can wave goodbye to anything resembling a decent season.

This is what you get when a manager gets too comfy. His best mate his the CEO, its like Kean all over  again  . It won't  take much for the fans to start getting on the managers back and the way he'  run things through the summer transfer window he deserve it. We need defenders Tony enough of the bullshit we need  right back, left back and a centre half  its so frustrating why can't  he see it

Just now, Mattyblue said:

He’ll never be good enough, he just doesn’t have it, sorry.

And if we are going to stick with Bennett at right back then we can wave goodbye to anything resembling a decent season.

Bell was summed up in one first half incident. He controlled an awkward pass exceptionally well and then dithered in possession when he should have played Armstrong in. He lost the ball and Charlton sprung.

He simply isn't good enough to be a Championship player.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Bell was summed up in one first half incident. He controlled an awkward pass exceptionally well and then dithered in possession when he should have played Armstrong in. He lost the ball and Charlton sprung.

He simply isn't good enough to be a Championship player.

I honestly think we'll never know until we see him in a better defence than that. He joined at 23 and he's been pulled down by the underperforming supposedly experienced players alongside him, the square pegs in round holes. Is it any wonder Nyambe has been stop start as well? When has a goalkeeper last looked comfortable at Rovers with that hot mess in front of them?

He has a good touch, isn't slow and some positional sense, as he's at least usually there when he somehow lets the attacker pass him, but he looks more than anything like a player with no confidence and no support at all around him. Get some leaders in at the back and we'll see if those players with potential ever develop.

Besides, it's unlikely we'll get another two defenders I'd expect with so little time left. We'll most likely have to make do with what we have until Jan at least.

22 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ajayi having a great game for WBA. We’re fine though with Charlie and co aren’t we, Tony.

Supposedly he really rates Ajayi. Surely that was a deal which could have been done early in the window at a fair price before WBA showed their hand if we'd had a bit of conviction. So I don't want to hear about the right players not being available at the right price.

• Like 4