BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Eddie said:

Rooney seems like just the deal we should have been after.

Must still have a house in the area, so would have been more convenient than Derby. 

Great experience to pass on to younger players and could definitely still do a job in the Championship.

Would be just the kind of big name the owners were desperately after when they first joined. 

He might turn out to be rubbish and a horrific coach, but it would have at least generated a bit of interest. 

Was very cleverly kept under wraps. Burnley and WBA tried to scupper the deal at the last minute apparently.

Just now, Eddie said:

Must still have a house in the area, so would have been more convenient than Derby. 

Great experience to pass on to younger players and could definitely still do a job in the Championship.

Would be just the kind of big name the owners were desperately after when they first joined. 

He might turn out to be rubbish and a horrific coach, but it would have at least generated a bit of interest. 

Assuming that area is the affluent Alderley Edge there's barely any difference. 

Just now, 47er said:

He's been finished for a long time. Would definitely stir up interest and push up crowd numbers---- till everyone realised he hasn't got it anymore.

Yes, who would I rather have playing out wide in a 3 man attack:

Wayne Rooney or Danny Graham? Hm...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

I'm sorry but a centre-back and a left-back wouldn't make us a Top 6 team. Watch Derby, Leeds, West Brom and the real Top 6 teams play, we've got nothing on them. 

I'm not a negative person, and most of the time I'm slated for being overly positive (see my opinions on BB) but to me, every team from 7th to 18th is battling it out in mid-table obscurity, and we're one of them. We simply don't have the playing style and the options off the bench that these others teams do. For me, a centre-back and a left back come in and I'd be expecting 10th, 11th or 12th. To push for the top 6 now we'd have to have a 20 goal a season striker, a whole new defence and totally different playstyle.

That's okay though, to me there's nothing wrong with us being a mid-table side for now. We've got a lot of young players, and soon that 20 goal a season striker slot mentioned above could well be filled by a Sam Gallagher, a Ben Brereton, or if he was played up front, an Adam Armstrong.

It is negative. We shouldn't judge teams on one game. A competent left back and a centre back would make the world of difference to us. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Derby being very clever from what I can see.

'Excluded items' from FFP calculations:

5.2.4 - 'costs of employee benefits for employees only partly involved in Youth Development Activities (for example, a coach having part-time involvement in Youth Development Activities and otherwise working for the Championship club)'

Presumably therefore Rooney wont fall under FFp calculations.

Keep on moaning Rovers. I actually respect Derby for taking the rules to pieces in full public view - 'selling' their ground and getting Rooney as a 'coach'.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Waggott on Gallagher: “But he was always No.1 target for Tony"

That, in a nutshell, sums up the imbeciles running Rovers.

I’ve got a hunch that Gallagher is going to be crowbarred into the team no matter what this season. That is despite him not being a winger and Danny Graham being player of the year last year.

• Like 4

Just now, Vilesinner said:

It is negative. We shouldn't judge teams on one game. A competent left back and a centre back would make the world of difference to us. 

Apart from a good win against Derby and a few dead rubber wins at the end of the season we have been awful since January. We were also terrible in November.

Nobody is judging on just one game. We look like a team who are getting the losing habit.

• Like 8

Just now, OJRovers said:

I’ve got a hunch that Gallagher is going to be crowbarred into the team no matter what this season. That is despite him not being a winger and Danny Graham being player of the year last year.

I think the same, but how can BB progress? too much to write off but I suppose a lot of late sub appearances will make 'development' stats look ok.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Apart from a good win against Derby and a few dead rubber wins at the end of the season we have been awful since January. We were also terrible in November.

Nobody is judging on just one game. We look like a team who are getting the losing habit.

We look like a team missing defenders, but one with an exciting array of attacking talent. 

5 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Yeap that's exactly what i think. We all know Armstrong is Mowbrays favorite also. Poor Rothwell - But hey we can get some good cash for him come January and purchase another striker to add to the wing MUHAHA

Just now, Vilesinner said:

We look like a team missing defenders, but one with an exciting array of attacking talent. 

Exactly. 

Put our team with Middlesboroughs defence and that is a promising team. The thing is , outside of Graham though , you couldn't say any of our strikers are proven at this level. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Are there any out of contract defenders that have played under the manager before? I can't see us buying anyone that's out of the blue since it doesn't follow the trend.

Dunno but I would seriously be on the phone with Martin Ollsson as a decent short stop at LB. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Are there any out of contract defenders that have played under the manager before? I can't see us buying anyone that's out of the blue since it doesn't follow the trend.

I think they'd already be here if there was even if they had one leg, seems to love 'project' our Tone.

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

But what if his ruptured Achilles and lack of fitness mean he isn't available for selection till March 2020?

Ok scrub that then. Didn't realise he was injured. 

19 hours ago, neophox said:

We have some really good players but the manager fails to get the best out of them.

I think Tony does to much with what he have he's a man ho say yes to everything that venkyes says and thats too good for them and so confortable as well...whoever bow there's like to many people ho has doubts about his job...i think we have a lot of players that should rise the bar and they never did it...(Mulgrew, evans, bell, ) and in my opinios has to be theirblast campaign with us.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes, who would I rather have playing out wide in a 3 man attack:

Wayne Rooney or Danny Graham? Hm...

Yes, great idea--ignore the wages. I'd rather have Messi which makes my idea better than yours!    :blink:

• Like 1