• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burnley

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything specia

Posted Images

I'm convinced that Mowbray sees our CB options as being Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams, Nyambe and this City lad and thinks he has enough there. Ignoring of course that three of them aren't really CBs and three are injury prone.

Just now, Tormund said:

He’s a quality player Cunningham at this level. Need to somehow get this guy in.

Move quickly and get the deal done? Not likely here. 

Why would Cardiff do us or anyone else a favour by loaning him out on the cheap?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't follow footy (Rovers apart) as closely as I used to but never heard of him. 

A wiki check tells me he is an Irish-capped LB/CB who used to play in the same Bristol City side as our Irish-capped LB/CB.

But seems to be better, despite making less appearances there in the season before his move than Williams, who is 2 years younger, did that season. Funny how football works out sometimes.

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I feel for Smallwood in that he is subject to such ridicule but did a cracking job for us in the promotion campaign. Don't get me wrong, we need to upgrade him but he is a sturdy squad man to be honest, certainly nothing daring or spectacular but a pretty reliable 6/10 man. I feel that it is becoming OTT regarding people judging his character (as though he is simply someone stealing a paycheck). That's all in their angry imaginations.  If we gave him a contract, pay the man I say. All he can do is what he is doing, head down, train hard and wait for his chance. He is proud to wear our shirt, that should be respected.

I feel similar and can't stand the fickle nature of some fans who hero worship one min then slag off the next although the majority on here just want him replaced properly as with some others or relegated to 4th choice in the pecking order permanently.

Handy squad man yes but the main issue is again the manager who likes him and we know what'll keep happening.  However if he gets in the team and we are winning a few regularly then iv'e no issue with him staying in.  What it is with managers of TMs ilk is you've got to remove the temptation otherwise being the players man he is he'll keep giving in to it.

Edited by tomphil
Just now, JHRover said:

Why would Cardiff do us or anyone else a favour by loaning him out on the cheap?

Being allowed to leave apparently. Of course, former club Preston are all over it.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/greg-cunningham-ready-quit-cardiff-16668539

Just now, JHRover said:

I know, I’m just hoping something will get done. 

Really like the look of johann larsson on a free, fairly quick, can deliver crosses and hits the net, everything our rbs haven’t been since ohhhh .... Lucas Neil maybe. That gets Bennett out the team and nyambe as a plausible option centre defence- which he did look decent at African cup

Just now, bluebruce said:

A wiki check tells me he is an Irish-capped LB/CB who used to play in the same Bristol City side as our Irish-capped LB/CB.

But seems to be better, despite making less appearances there in the season before his move than Williams, who is 2 years younger, did that season. Funny how football works out sometimes.

Yup but nobody bought our one for 4 million lol

Just now, Tormund said:

I know, I’m just hoping something will get done. 

As an anti-loan man I've reached the stage where I'd be quite pleased with Cunningham on loan for the season. Expectations have plummeted to the stage where any competent defensive additions would be welcomed.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yup but nobody bought our one for 4 million lol

That's the main basis of my assumption he has gone on to be better.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm convinced that Mowbray sees our CB options as being Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams, Nyambe and this City lad and thinks he has enough there. Ignoring of course that three of them aren't really CBs and three are injury prone.

I agree with Raya being the scapegoat !!!

None of this bring him in so that Williams can be CB either. As well as he did at the end of the season, we still need a CB. CB and LB and ill stop bloody moaning. 

Just now, JHRover said:

As an anti-loan man I've reached the stage where I'd be quite pleased with Cunningham on loan for the season. Expectations have plummeted to the stage where any competent defensive additions would be welcomed.

True, not keen on loans either unless it’s a permanent agreed at the end. 

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If Warnock has anything to do with it we’ll get nothing from Cardiff!

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Really like the look of johann larsson on a free, fairly quick, can deliver crosses and hits the net, everything our rbs haven’t been since ohhhh .... Lucas Neil maybe. That gets Bennett out the team and nyambe as a plausible option centre defence- which he did look decent at African cup

Anything concrete behind or just opinion? 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Anything concrete behind or just opinion? 

Nope just opinion, going through the current free transfers. Don’t know why we haven’t snapped a few of these up, since signing from other clubs is being so problematic 

For me Ashley Williams would be the ideal signing. 

Give him a 2 year deal, leader, been a top quality CB, especially last 5 years. Would be the perfect person to guide the youthful talent of Lenihan, Nyambe and co. 

• Mike E unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E locked this topic