Just now, islander200 said:

they have bid 23 million for a Russian striker according to sky.Bid in for McCarthy at Everton.Hodgson said hoping to bring in 5 before deadline 

Chalov?? I assume from CSKA, I think the DACK rumour came from a random twitter account. Will be more interesting to see what they do with Zaha.

Back to rovers still not convinced anyones coming in

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burnley

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything specia

Posted Images

Just now, TBTF said:

The last part is exactly where I’m at . They have about 18 hours to sort themselves out or I’m not going this season .

I made a pact with my self at the end of last season to see what we did transfer wise ( I was still stumped by what they did with the Brereton deal). I heard all that went on , heard all the statements they made and like you Miller , I thought let’s see if actions speak louder than words .

Technically there’s  still time tomorrow but whatever happens I simply refuse to pay for the privilege again of being perpetually lied to . This Club stinks to high heaven and even the one guy with a shred of decency is now proving to be like the rest of them .

so Mr Waggott , if you want to know how to achieve your stretch target on tickets , you wish to know what you can do to get fans back in the ground , well I”ll tell you . 

You can stop lying through your teeth , taking us all for mugs time and again and do your bloody job and that’s on the crass assumption that you’re capable of doing it to any extent .

one Summer of bullshit too many for me I’m afraid . I simply can’t stand to keep getting myself worked up over these complete cretins. 

Very sad because I’ve been going for over 50 years but they’ve finally drummed it out of me . Well played Waggott and Mowbray , feed that back to your benefactor model goons in Pune . 

A bad window and you’re refusing to go? After all these years, this is where you’ve drawn the line?

Chief Exec and Manager try to spin their way through a fans forum. That’s life. Take it with a pinch of salt. They’ll all say what we want to hear. Every manager plays that game, let’s not pretend TM is the first.

I said I’d wait to judge until tomorrow and the writing is clearly on the wall. But save the drama. Far greater crimes have been committed at this club over the last 10 years. 

TM has now made his bed. He’s had time and money to get the squad to where it should be. If the results don’t come in then it’ll be time to move on. The credit from 17/18 has run out.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

A bad window and you’re refusing to go? After all these years, this is where you’ve drawn the line?

Chief Exec and Manager try to spin their way through a fans forum..?

I said I’d wait to judge until tomorrow and the writing is clearly on the wall. But save the drama. Far greater crimes have been committed at this club over the last 10 years. 

TM has now made his bed. He’s had time and money to get the squad to where it should be. If the results don’t come in then it’ll be time to move on. The credit from 17/18 has run out.

Tbh Morten , yes . I ve simply  had enough . It’s not one bad window , it’s an accumulation of bullshit in avalanche proportions from chancers within the Club. 

We are being mugged off by some slimy fool who turned up minutes ago . Our Club means jack shit to that toe rag yet he pontificates like it’s in his blood. 

You want stretch target - well unlike that bullshitting clown , I’ve reached mine!!

15 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Crystal Palace might be interested in Bradley Dack.

£12 million seems to be the asking price.

They can eat dicks as far as I'm concerned, if that's what they'll pay.

If that's all we are asking, our entire management team need to go. Which they probably do anyway tbf.

Edited by bluebruce
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t think dack has earned a prem move the way he has played 2019 if I’m honest

You have to respect Roy Hodgson's managerial career but this is the guy who allowed Rovers to spend £10million on Christian Dailly and Nathan Blake just over 20 years ago.  So it would be no surprise if he's happy to stump up £12million for Dack which I reckon would be a good deal for us given, as you refer to, Dack's perforamances in 2019.

Just now, Mercer said:

You have to respect Roy Hodgson's managerial career but this is the guy who allowed Rovers to spend £10million on Christian Dailly and Nathan Blake just over 20 years ago.  So it would be no surprise if he's happy to stump up £12million for Dack which I reckon would be a good deal for us given, as you refer to, Dack's perforamances in 2019.

12 million would be an insult when some second rate Bristol City defender goes for £20 million. 

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

12 million would be an insult when some second rate Bristol City defender goes for £20 million. 

If it was your money, would you buy Dack for £12million?

I think Dack, just like Rhodes, will disappear with barely a trace should he leave Rovers.

Edited by Mercer
13 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I think we would.
But the clubs selling would have us over a rope. They could dictate price and terms because of the late hour.

Give us 12m plus Dann.

Just now, Mercer said:

I think Dack, just like Rhodes, will disappear with barely a trace should he leave Rovers.

Dack would be more at home in the PL than the Championship. He would get more time on the ball. For £12 million I would sign him. On his day he's absolutely class. 

I think people remember his off days more than all the goals and assists he's had in 2 years. 

Twice the player Rhodes ever was. 

Just now, Mercer said:

The question wasn't directed at me but for me every day day of the week!.

Of course we don't know if there's a release clause in Dack's contract which ties our hands. If there isn't we shouldn't even be bothering to pick up the phone at that price.

The only thing that would worry me about this was Dack looked so demotivated on Saturday, he might have thought something was in the offing before the deadline.

Dack is Rovers' best asset. Unfortunately head seems turned. Last transfer day is a good time to sell. Won't watch them even on TV this season (Or any other with Waggott in charge). Sad when I want Dack out for defenders. Always liked the playmakers. He linked well with Rothwell at the back end of last season. Need defenders though. Pity the club are making excuses for billionaire owners and the chicken chokers haven't the gonads to accept their mistakes. Haven't been this peeved since they put the bad guys in charge nearly ten years ago. RIP

Edited by davefarnworth

Not adding to our defence is criminal.....selling Dack at this late stage is nothing short of suicidal. 

We are notoriously slow with transfers so if anything happens tomorrow I'm pretty sure the ball will already be rolling. Can't see us getting £12m in then having the capability to spend it wisely.

Chaddy I saw you mention Trent Sainsbury a few pages back. His name was one of the first that came to my mind when it comes to reasonably priced players based in europe (he's actually aussie). He's a solid pro and would be a great pairing with Lenihan. What stopped me mentioning him though was that I doubt he would leave PSV's starting 11 for us at this point in his career. Would be a great signing though no doubt. 

Given the current timeframes we now face I think if we can get Hanley over the line that would be a good outcome. Knows the clubs, would know a lot of the lads mainly Lenihan who he would be partnering up with so It wouldn't take him long to get up to speed. The big plus for me is that he is a defender who isn't afraid to stick his head in when needed and that's something we are lacking to a degree at the moment. He's also a vocal player so hopefully that improves with his acquisition. 

Madon - I don't post often but read this message board religiously everyday. Keep posting whatever info you get mate, right or wrong it's appreciated. It's obvious your head/heart's in the right place and you are not taking the piss when posting what you've heard.   

Just now, RovingRover said:

A couple of weeks ago we were theorising that we could/would sign Adriano or Carson.

A couple of weeks later Adriano is a Liverpool player and Carson is a Man City player. ?

Talk about back down to ground with a bump!

Tbf both retirement pays on the bench , whereas we would be a starter. Depends on ambition 

1 hour ago, TBTF said:

Tbh Morten , yes . I ve simply  had enough . It’s not one bad window , it’s an accumulation of bullshit in avalanche proportions from chancers within the Club. 

We are being mugged off by some slimy fool who turned up minutes ago . Our Club means jack shit to that toe rag yet he pontificates like it’s in his blood. 

You want stretch target - well unlike that bullshitting clown , I’ve reached mine!!

Hard to disagree with any of that.

The last two summer transfer windows since Waggott arrived (and even the January one) have been an absolute shambles imo.

Won’t be surprised if we end up doing some deals like Brereton (loan to buy) after the window shuts. Looks increasingly unlikely any more business will be done before the deadline.

So very disappointing if we don’t make another signing tomorrow. At least one. 

See the Dangoura bloke from West Ham, right winger we were loosely linked with is heading to West Brom. Wonder if Oli Burke maybe available again. I know, I know we need defenders. 

Would like just a really solid tough left back.

• Mike E unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E locked this topic