BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Long and frustrating day ahead I’m afraid.....

So that's nobody coming in then. What. A. Surprise. 

Always fine margins with transfer windows. We are a couple of upgrades away from it being a good window,  but without those additions it's a pretty bad one. 

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

I don’t think EB at RB is a massive issue, and I’m sure Mulgrew is behind Tosin, Lenihan, Williams for 4th CB.

Hence why he started with Del and Tosin not ready yet. 

My priority is a new left sided FB but I’m not convinced hell will swallow us whole, as predicted if we get nobody.

You don't think playing Bennett at RB over the RB is an issue and you seriously think Mowbray was planning this season with Mulgrew as 4th choice before any injuries or hold ups ?

You've not been watching very closely have you.

• Like 4

Just now, Ricky said:

I think you’re probably the only one on here who doesn’t. EB is a key member of the squad but being played at RB is damaging his relationship with the fans. He’s always been popular but it’s not going to end well if he keeps having to play out of position.

I can't see where he fits in except right back. CM we have half a dozen players, same at wide forward. 

Everything points to Mowbray earmarking him and Nyambe to persist in the RB role till JRC comes through.

I don’t think EB at RB is a massive issue, and I’m sure Mulgrew is behind Tosin, Lenihan, Williams for 4th CB.

My priority is a new left sided FB but I’m not convinced hell will swallow us whole, as predicted if we get nobody.

Bringing players in is about improving on what you already have and incoming and outgoing transfers aren't always easy but in the case of right back and Bennett we have a far better, natural right back on the bench but for some unfathomable reason Mowbray can't see it.

• Like 3

Just now, Ricky said:

I think you’re probably the only one on here who doesn’t. EB is a key member of the squad but being played at RB is damaging his relationship with the fans. He’s always been popular but it’s not going to end well if he keeps having to play out of position.

I would say he is far less of a problem than Bell this season.

I like Nyambe too - I just don’t think it’s as obvious, for instance I think Nyambe will end up converting to a wide centre back.

Just now, sharpysharps86 said:

So that's nobody coming in then. What. A. Surprise. 

Always fine margins with transfer windows. We are a couple of upgrades away from it being a good window,  but without those additions it's a pretty bad one. 

Rich mate you're meant to be at your mates wedding aren't you? 

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Bringing players in is about improving on what you already have and incoming and outgoing transfers aren't always easy but in the case of right back and Bennett we have a far better, natural right back on the bench but for some unfathomable reason Mowbray can't see it.

In my op’ Arb, it’s not unfathomable - it’s a difficult choice.

Nyambe isn’t natural at right back either, he does the defensive stuff well at times but switches off, gets caught out and struggles overlapping. 

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I can't see where he fits in except right back. CM we have half a dozen players, same at wide forward. 

Everything points to Mowbray earmarking him and Nyambe to persist in the RB role till JRC comes through.

Nayambe is a solid RB and could be a very good one. He has all the attributes. As well as getting better at signing players we have to see more of our academy graduates developing to their potential. Being played 2nd choice behind a midfielder and unde Mulgrew's leadership isn't going to help Nayambe reach that potential. 

• Like 4

Dack staying too but I think it’s an indication of how poor he has been that there is no interest in him at this stage. He needs to up his game and focus.

if we have a good player that’s firing they will be getting linked to loads every window, he isn’t. 

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really don't believe that Mowbray will lose his job if results in the first ten games leave us struggling. I think he has cleverly manoeuvred himself into a position of power with his relationship with Waggott and the Indians (in the same way Kean ingratiated himself on them). There will be a plethora of excuses made as to why we are struggling and Mowbray will be given more time.

It's probably Mowbrays last job at this level and I don't think he will relinquish it easily.

I know you have for a long time but I'm pleased that others get what has happened at Manager level and at his appointees level within the corridors of power at Ewood.

Mowbray is safe for as long as he wants the job.

It is in line with an article that appeared at the time of Mowbrays appointed on how to takeover and run a Club in hard times without paying a Penny. Written by or about some Academic, I'll try and look for it.

Nyambe isn’t natural at right back either, he does the defensive stuff well at times but switches off, gets caught out and struggles overlapping. 

I think he is better than Bennett in every aspect of full back play.

It's all about opinion though and it appears that Mowbray thinks the same way as you.

• Like 2

If switching off is a big no no (agree on that) than I can't see how you want Bennett at RB - he switches off so much it is untrue. I've yet to see Bennett to the defensive stuff well at RB and Nayambe has better pace and defensive solidity both key attributes to a RB. 

Just now, arbitro said:

I think he is better than Bennett in every aspect of full back play.

It's all about opinion though and it appears that Mowbray thinks the same way as you.

Defensively I’d say Nyambe is excellent, his physical skills are as good as anyone in the club.

His game reading, and the way he is exposed because we play inside or wide forwards makes a few of Bennett’s more “forward” based benefits stand out above Ryan for me.

Its not perfect - I’m not in anyway “happy” about it - but a priority for defending id have would be organisation not personnel.

• Like 1

If Mowbray is being prevented from signing defenders or our wage structure (including sign-on fees) means we can be outbid by Preston then he should be walking.

If he doesn’t and he puts up with it and makes excuses then he has to stand the criticism. He has made a decision either way.

If he is deliberately choosing not to sign defenders because he thinks what we have is adequate then he is a fool.

Sending out Magloire and keeping Grayson (on the strength of a 15 minute cameo Blackpool match?) is the opposite of where Magloire should be. Magloire was quoted on the Rovers sight as wanting to 

When Mowbray was criticised for not giving youth a chance, people cited Nyambe, Raya, Nuttall and Travis. Now Nyambe can’t get near the side ahead of a midfielder who can’t play there, and Raya and Nuttall have been sold. Nyambe and Raya weren’t ‘his’ players anyway so his only real promotion has been Travis, who made himself undroppable last season.

Magloire, like Downing and to a lesser extent Wharton should have been our back up. Instead we don’t have any real back up at all. I just hope nothing happens to Lenihan because we are going to be totally reliant on him and Tosin. Despite him coming in and doing well on his debut, Magloire finds himself working for a manager who has a rigid process and does not like to blood youngsters. My worry is that if Magloire does well and an offer comes in he will be sold. IMHO our academy is not being used to develop players for the first team but as a means to generate income. The sales of Raya and Nuttall will have funded the extra £1m we need on top of the grants we supposedly get. Without a manager (still) it shows just what little stock Mowbray puts in the U23s and it looks to be quite a separate enterprise from the first team - unless it produces a gem once every five years. You have to wonder if Lenihan would have made it through Mowbray’s process had he been here at the time.

I would say he is far less of a problem than Bell this season.

I like Nyambe too - I just don’t think it’s as obvious, for instance I think Nyambe will end up converting to a wide centre back.

What do you like about EB at right back? I’m intrigued.

I think Bennett at RB is really poor against any good LM. Nyambe is much better there than him. Mowbray is clearly trying to convert Bennett into 1st choice, probably because he (like me) likes his attitude and effort.  He should be doing that experiment in the U23's, not the 1st team. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I know you have for a long time but I'm pleased that others get what has happened at Manager level and at his appointees level within the corridors of power at Ewood.

Mowbray is safe for as long as he wants the job.

It is in line with an article that appeared at the time of Mowbrays appointed on how to takeover and run a Club in hard times without paying a Penny. Written by or about some Academic, I'll try and look for it.

Posted a few days ago, I think Mowbray is under more pressure now than he ever has been at Ewood.

I think he's got a points target for August and he's out if he doesn't hit it.

Got £50 on him to be first Championship manager to leave at 19/1.

• Like 1