BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Agreed. But you could say that for the majority of the starting 11. A lot of young, hungry players with a chance to shine.

Walton - After this year he will have 1 year left at Brighton. If he has any aspirations of Premier league football, then he needs to shine

Tosin - Huge chance for him at CB to shine to pep and put himself in the frame for the next step

Cunnigham - a season in the wilderness. He will be chomping at the bit you'd think to play every week and get back in the intenational mix and rebuild his reputation

Travis - huge season to kick on a prove he is the player we all hope he can be

Rothwell - needs to stop snapchatting Tony daughters then he can get in the team and show us all what we know he has

Dack - For all his success, nobody is banging down the door to take him to the next level. Lets hope he has the fire to kick on

Gallagher - After being loaned about everywhere, he now has a permanent home and has to now show everyone what he is all about

Brereton - After a good pre season, he needs to wait for his chance and prove everyone wrong and show the class that has led to him respresenting eng at all youth levels

Graham - Bit different with him, but after being POY he has young lads trying to steal his place. Anything other than excellent and he is going to fizzle out

Some others to a lesser degree like chapman, JRC etc on the edges of the team will need to excel and force their way into the mix.

Despite the noise around the transfer window, there is a lot to like and look forward to with this team. Its arguably what makes to defeence situation so frustrating.

Its now over to TM to get the best out of all these guys and light a fire under them all

Good post

Ya, it tells a story that no one we know of came in for Dack. Very little links to him in general,. 

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Alan Hutton, get him signed up. Fucking brilliant at Villa last year and would get Bennett out of the starting eleven. A back four of Hutton, Lenihan, Adarabioyo and Cunningham could succeed.

I'm very surprised that no one has signed him up because as you say he was very good for Villa last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Wigan appear well equipped at CB, certainly more than we are, so it seems odd that they came in for Mulgrew and we let him go given the numbers. 

What happens if Mulgrew goes and sits on Wigan's bench whilst we have injuries and no fit CBs? 

To be honest I loathe Paul Cook but would trust him to sort a defence out before Mowbray. 

Yep good back up which is what he should've been here from last Jan then there could have been a parting of ways planned for summer and the no 1 priority recruitment of a decent replacement.

Shambolic and very odd.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Alan Hutton, get him signed up. Fucking brilliant at Villa last year and would get Bennett out of the starting eleven. A back four of Hutton, Lenihan, Adarabioyo and Cunningham could succeed.

The Namibian Cafu AND the Scottish Cafu... saucy.

Good shout though. To have an experienced right back with a good track record at this level, with an up and coming prospect learning from him/trying to take over from him would be ideal.

• Like 1

Just now, m1st said:

The malevolent side of me kinda wishes that the loan deal included a clause saying he had to play in the games between us and the pie-eaters!?

I thought the same. I'd use pub league tactics,  pop Harry Chapman up front against him and just get the defenders to lump it Mulgrew's way. 

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Buckley and JRC are seriously exciting young players, and Evans reads the game better than Reed. Am happy enough with Evans as 5th choice Midfielder. 

Reed is a significant upgrade on Evans. Energy, workrate, tackling, technical ability all a cut above Evans.

In his 1 season with us, he scored 3 goals as well, which is just 1 less than Evans had manage in his entire Rovers career.

Having Travis, Johnson and Reed for our Centre mid options would have been a superb choice of players. Those 3 would have worked superbly for a 3 man midfield as well.

• Like 4

Mulgrew leaving is going to cost Rovers financially.

Think he has another season to run on his contract.

So next season, I think he will either sit on his arse at Ewood or Rovers will have to pay at least part of his contract up in order to get rid (a minimum of 1,500 season ticket sales for next season will be needed to fund that).

All those new lucrative contracts dished out by messrs Mowbray and Waggott is biting us, and will continue to do so, in the bum. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So far Johnson, Travis, Buckley and now Evans are better than Reed apparently. 

Johnson is the only one that you could consider on a similar level right now - Travis and Buckley have the potential to be as good or better.

I never said Evans was better than Reed. I think Evans reads the game better, and he has been part of a team that won promotion to the premier League. But Reed has better all-round quality. Not much point in talking about other team's players though. 

Just now, Mercer said:

So next season, I think he will either sit on his arse at Ewood or Rovers will have to pay at least part of his contract up in order to get rid (a minimum of 1,500 season ticket sales for next season will be needed to fund that).

All those new lucrative contracts dished out by messrs Mowbray and Waggott is biting us, and will continue to do so, in the bum. 

It's an interesting point to be fair. 

If it was indeed a bust up that saw his hasty exit, it's unlikely Mowbray would want him back.

There is a possibility that Mowbray won't be our manager next season, so the new manager might want Mulgrew back. There is a good chance, we will just give him away for free in the summer to avoid shelling out on his wages.

Just now, davulsukur said:

It's an interesting point to be fair. 

If it was indeed a bust up that saw his hasty exit, it's unlikely Mowbray would want him back.

There is a possibility that Mowbray won't be our manager next season, so the new manager might want Mulgrew back. There is a good chance, we will just give him away for free in the summer to avoid shelling out on his wages.

Not that simple.

You are Mulgrew and you earn say £25k pw.  He is not going to walk away to earn say £10k pw somewhere else.

His agent will think Christmas has come early.

14 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Agreed. But you could say that for the majority of the starting 11. A lot of young, hungry players with a chance to shine.

Walton - After this year he will have 1 year left at Brighton. If he has any aspirations of Premier league football, then he needs to shine

Tosin - Huge chance for him at CB to shine to pep and put himself in the frame for the next step

Cunnigham - a season in the wilderness. He will be chomping at the bit you'd think to play every week and get back in the intenational mix and rebuild his reputation

Travis - huge season to kick on a prove he is the player we all hope he can be

Rothwell - needs to stop snapchatting Tony daughters then he can get in the team and show us all what we know he has

Dack - For all his success, nobody is banging down the door to take him to the next level. Lets hope he has the fire to kick on

Gallagher - After being loaned about everywhere, he now has a permanent home and has to now show everyone what he is all about

Brereton - After a good pre season, he needs to wait for his chance and prove everyone wrong and show the class that has led to him respresenting eng at all youth levels

Graham - Bit different with him, but after being POY he has young lads trying to steal his place. Anything other than excellent and he is going to fizzle out

Some others to a lesser degree like chapman, JRC etc on the edges of the team will need to excel and force their way into the mix.

Despite the noise around the transfer window, there is a lot to like and look forward to with this team. Its arguably what makes to defeence situation so frustrating.

Its now over to TM to get the best out of all these guys and light a fire under them all

You can make this argument about pretty much any player at pretty much any point of their career. Which is what you've done.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In the final analysis our ins and outs have cost just over one million. Once again I'm scratching my head by the 'similar budget to last year' interview from the Ewood hierarchy. I think the wage bill will have increased mainly due to not being able to shift players out but that again is down to bad management in putting average Joe's on very good wages. It was also Mowbray's fifth transfer window.

I feel a little short changed by the overall dealings and hopefully there will be some searching questions asked over the next few weeks. I am certainly worried about our prospects of staying up this season as we are only an injury or two away from disaster.

I think that TM was holding back what money he had hoping to get Reed at the end of the window at a bargain price. He did try for him apparently, but failed!! So money wasted or more for Jan window? My view is he should have spent it on a really good CB. It could cost him his job if things don’t go well. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Yes, Mulgrew is contacted to Rovers until 30th June 2021 and one of our big earners.

For him to be pushed out so quickly I expect we are going to pay most or all of his wages and got no loan Fee.

A good piece of business for Wigan even if he is just a squaddie who were probably approached by us in a blind panic as being nearby.

I do hope Charlie gave Mowbray plenty of verbals, especially about his Bennett lovein. A slapping a bit too much to hope for.

A low day in our history.

I also think Charlie had become excess to requirements but that is not a reason to provoke such an ignominious departure.

I wish Charlie all the best and draw your Rovers wages for as long as you like, that kind human being Mowbray gifted them to you.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Not that simple.

You are Mulgrew and you earn say £25k pw.  He is not going to walk away to earn say £10k pw somewhere else.

He's not on anything like 25k a week I'd happily wager. Probably about 15k. Still too much.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Not that simple.

You talk as if you know for a fact when you don't. Mulgrew could just as easily be thinking he's got 30 more years to make money and only 3 to play professional football, so knowing he is going to sit on the bench held absolutely no appeal to him and would be even less appealing in 12 month's time. Who knows? Probably only Mulgrew and his family.

Talking like you know what someone thinks and how they make decisions does you no favours and makes you come across as a bit of a tool to be honest.

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

I think that TM was holding back what money he had hoping to get Reed at the end of the window at a bargain price. He did try for him apparently, but failed!! So money wasted or more for Jan window? My view is he should have spent it on a really good CB. It could cost him his job if things don’t go well. 

We allegedly offered way below the Soton asking price and shown the door. Another fake bid for show.

Mowbray will probably save up any spare readies to spunk away on yet another young striker.

He should have spent good money on a decent CB and Mowbray probably knows that too, hopefully, we succeed this season as Mowbray must be skating on thin ice.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Give over Merce...

When Mulgrew was handed that contract it was met with great joy by many on here (see the God like thread)  seen as a bit of a coup for us.

It happens all the time at every club that players get new contracts then then twelve month later their legs go. Its not unique to Rovers . 

what do you want us top do ..give players a week to week contract and end up losing half the squad if they hit form ?

• Like 2

Just now, XLM said:

You talk as if you know for a fact when you don't. Mulgrew could just as easily be thinking he's got 30 more years to make money and only 3 to play professional football, so knowing he is going to sit on the bench held absolutely no appeal to him and would be even less appealing in 12 month's time. Who knows? Probably only Mulgrew and his family.

Talking like you know what someone thinks and how they make decisions does you no favours and makes you come across as a bit of a tool to be honest.

Only tool is you posting such naive cr@p.  Jog on.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Give over Merce...

When Mulgrew was handed that contract it was met with great joy by many on here (see the God like thread)  seen as a bit of a coup for us.

It happens all the time at every club that players get new contracts then then twelve month later their legs go. Its not unique to Rovers . 

what do you want us top do ..give players a week to week contract and end up losing half the squad if they hit form ?

Some clubs have a policy once a player reaches 30.

There are ways and means to protect your arse but, as I've said before, I think Ewood and Brockhall is a nous free zone.

Just now, bluebruce said:

You can make this argument about pretty much any player at pretty much any point of their career. Which is what you've done.

Yep, heaps of optimism, not much foundation.