BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mercer said:

Some clubs have a policy once a player reaches 30.

There are ways and means to protect your arse but, as I've said before, I think Ewood and Brockhall is a nous free zone.

And if Mulgrew had carried on his great form and we d not tied him down and then  suddenly left ..im sure TM and Waggott would be getting both barrels from you too Merce.

We all know your views on TM/Waggott and that's fine but please dont try and make out that giving contracts to players in form is something only we d do ..again if we lost all our best players due to lack of contracts you d be playing bloody hell again.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Only tool is you posting such naive cr@p.  Jog on.

Ok, I take it back. You are a reasoned and sensible poster who clearly has great insight into the workings of Charlie Mulgrew's brain.

In fact, you should be a pundit. Nay, a clairvoyant. I think you've got what it takes.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Some clubs have a policy once a player reaches 30.

There are ways and means to protect your arse but, as I've said before, I think Ewood and Brockhall is a nous free zone.

Rovers have a policy when players reach 30 as well----we.sign them!

Or give them a contract extension.

• Like 7

By the start of next season Leutwiler, Downing, Graham, Mulgrew, Bennett, Samuel, Gladwin, Evans and Smallwood should all be out of Blackburn. Whether that's end of contract, retirement, selling or mutual agreement for release.

Imagine the wages that frees up: (ages correct for next year)
Downing - £6,000pw? - Aged 36
Mulgrew - £10,000pw? - Aged 34
Graham - £10,000pw? - Aged 35
Bennett - £8,000pw? - Aged 31
Evans - £10,000pw? - Aged 30
Smallwood - £5,000pw? - Aged 29

Gladwin - £3,000pw? - Aged 28
Leutwiler - £3,000pw? - Aged 31

Some of these players could even be on more than this. Differing sources say Mulgrew is nearer to £15,000pw than £10,000pw.

Total: at least £50,000 a week saved. That's well over £2,500,000 in seasonal wages saved by getting rid of that dead wood.

Right now we've got ridiculous amounts of players in our squad. Finish 10-14th this season, get rid of all of these lot and we'll be in a REALLY good position next summer.

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, Mulgrew is contacted to Rovers until 30th June 2021 and one of our big earners.

For him to be pushed out so quickly I expect we are going to pay most or all of his wages and got no loan Fee.

A good piece of business for Wigan even if he is just a squaddie who were probably approached by us in a blind panic as being nearby.

I do hope Charlie gave Mowbray plenty of verbals, especially about his Bennett lovein. A slapping a bit too much to hope for.

A low day in our history.

I also think Charlie had become excess to requirements but that is not a reason to provoke such an ignominious departure.

I wish Charlie all the best and draw your Rovers wages for as long as you like, that kind human being Mowbray gifted them to you.

How do you know it was rushed ? How do you know it wasn't a mutual decision based on predicted game time ? How do you know they aren't paying most of is wages ? How do you know they didn't approach us ?

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 2

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

By the start of next season Leutwiler, Downing, Graham, Mulgrew, Bennett, Samuel, Gladwin, Evans and Smallwood should all be out of Blackburn. Whether that's end of contract, retirement, selling or mutual agreement for release.

Some of these players could even be on more than this. Differing sources say Mulgrew is nearer to £15,000pw than £10,000pw.

Total: at least £50,000 a week saved. That's well over £2,500,000 in seasonal wages saved by getting rid of that dead wood.

Right now we've got ridiculous amounts of players in our squad. Finish 10-14th this season, get rid of all of these lot and we'll be in a REALLY good position next summer.

My god who's paying wages Scunthorpe ????

You could more or less double the majority of those we are a Championship club shelling out about 15 mil per year in wages.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

My god who's paying wages Scunthorpe ????

You could more or less double the majority of those we are a Championship club shelling out about 15 mil per year in wages.

Maybe one or two, but most still on League One deals. Graham and Mulgrew maybe £15,000 but that's about all.

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Most were brought in as Championship players - so doubt they will be paid at League 1 levels.

No way Bennett on more than £10,000pw, if he is I'm shocked.

Double those figures and you be closer. We baulked at Gallaghers wages the season before when trying to sign him as was on 25k per week for being a PL reserve team player. TM said he didnt want to upset other players by bringing in guys on much more than they were.

I would imagine we have managed to get him down to around 20k per week to be on a par with our wage structure. By what you're saying, that would mean we managed to convince SG to sign at around 10k per week - that would go down well with our previous top earners on 10k per week.

Maybe one or two, but most still on League One deals. Graham and Mulgrew maybe £15,000 but that's about all.

Who’s on League 1 deals? Gladwin aside, they’ve all signed new contracts since we’ve been back in the Championship.

How do you know it was rushed ? How do you know it wasn't a mutual decision based on predicted game time ? How do you know they aren't paying most of is wages ? How do you know they didn't approach us ?

Opinion. What 99.9999999r % of posts by anyone on here are.

What is it that makes people think all posts are fact? If its fact I will say so and post a link.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Opinion. What 99.9999999r % of posts by anyone on here are.

What is it that makes people think all posts are fact? If its fact I will say so and post a link.

So why have a go at TM and the club for their handling of Mulgrew when you don't actually know what went on.

The majority of them will be on the 10-15k bracket with a few exceptions either way the football staff wage bill speaks for itself.  He is right about it being a huge potential weight off the wage bill eventually but sadly it doesn't work like that as to replace like for like will cost the same and better will cost more obviously.

Good job there is some youth to come in but again you can't fill half a team with it too quickly at this level or it'll be down a league again.   Also factor in how TM & co work they'll be a few who get new ones for another year or so i'd wager it's all part of the stability line.

You'll be surprised how much a shit Championship player gets a week. You can double and treble some of those figures.

1 minute ago, JoeHarvey said:

Sadly Bennett still has another season on his contract after this one. And Gladwin is already off the payroll. But my goodness it is a very worrying thought what Mowbray will do having to replace those players along with the 3 loan players and probably Dack.

So why have a go at TM and the club for their handling of Mulgrew when you don't actually know what went on.

Did you read what I wrote? It is my opinion of what transpired yesterday. I can't be clearer than that.

Anyway, through the addition of Johnson and Cunningham, in particular, I think we emerge a bit stronger from the window although a hell of a lot of responsibility goes on the shoulders of young Tosin to be a CB as we allegedly failed in 3 or 4 other attempts to get a CB.

27 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

And if Mulgrew had carried on his great form and we d not tied him down and then  suddenly left ..im sure TM and Waggott would be getting both barrels from you too Merce.

We all know your views on TM/Waggott and that's fine but please dont try and make out that giving contracts to players in form is something only we d do ..again if we lost all our best players due to lack of contracts you d be playing bloody hell again.

As I said earlier, there are ways and means of rewarding managers, coaches, players which also allow you to legislate for loss of form, age catching up etc and thereby de risk potential future liabilities.